School - First Aid and Panic-Thread: The Horrors of...EXAM WEEK | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

School First Aid and Panic-Thread: The Horrors of...EXAM WEEK

Emily00

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The Horrors of...EXAM WEEK

I don't think I have really any set way of studying for finals, it kind of depends on the subject for me too. This coming week I have my japanese final, math final and english final.. for japanese I do a lot of flash card usage, for math our teacher gave us a final exam review that is basically the final exam but with different questions, and we get an answer sheet with it so doing that and going over that will help for me, and all I have to do for my english final is read a story in our book because when we go in for the final we have to write a mini-essay over it.

But one of the best things I think for preparing is make sure you get enough sleep or you'll definitely forget stuff, a good thing is to study for a bit before you go to sleep, then have a good nights sleep, and repeat this every day before the exam/final.

miyi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I always go through periodic slumps, sometimes lasting at least a week, where I do absolutely nothing (like what I'm doing now!)

But I always manage to bounce back and get on study-mode.

And I've learned that the best technique is to break up readings into small "doable" parts. Don't cram. Unless you have photographic memory and you read at blazing speed.

Devote at least a few days to focus on reviewing materials, and also for sleeping and nourishing yourself right before exam day.

Smart people who cram would use "cramming" to justify having received a poor exam grade. Typically they'll persuade themselves into thinking that, if only they have prepared well, they would have gotten an A. It's kinda like a coping mechanism.

I know this, because I've done it before. But what I realized is that in the real world, nobody gives a F*** whether or not you crammed or if you prepared well. What matters is the final results.

mrcongojack

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ahh!!!! Finals are OVER!!!!

I think the best way to "study" for finals is to choose your classes wisely. I forgot to check out my professors on one of the various "rate professor" sites, and I got screwed over with a compsci prof who burned out a long time ago, and I've never been that interested in the nuts and bolts of programming. I dropped compsci as a minor, mainly because it bores me to tears and partly due to a fear of having that prof again. I also found I do better in classes with more discussion. Otherwise I just end up surfing on my macbook. So, yeah, choose your classes wisely.

adamleee

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Firt Aid and Panic-Thread: The Horrors of...EXAM WEEK

Words can't describe how much I hate exams and revision. D8

I live in England so I don't really get how most of your schooling systems work but I'm in my last year of secondary school and have to take about 12 exams in the space of a few weeks for subjects like; math, english, science, history, graphics, etc.

I really struggle to prepare for exams. I get so distracted when trying to revise as I don't really like any of the subjects I'm taking exams for. [ Most of the lessons I like don't have proper written exams, like art & ICT. ]

Also it would have helped no end if I'd actually listened in some of my classes for the past 2 years I've been doing the courses, History in particular, as now I have no idea what I've gotta do for those exams. >___>

So yeah, you could say I'm slightly dreading my exams. XD

OunknownO

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
cheating is great(especially when you are on college)

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
oh shit *censor*

forgot that I have bio exam tomorrow, ethic exam tomorrow and have to hand in my project AND the PE-assignment..

SHIT!

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Spanish project and Bio Exams(coupled with the extra worry for studying History Exams) were the only Oh Shi- ones for me. Mostly because my Spanish Project Final had me working in Imovie which doesn't work on Windows+ I was the only one working on it by myself(my teacher hates me I swear).

Bio exams were worrying because it was a 100 multiple-choice-questions-sort of-test.

All my other exams had me just staying up until way late in the night to study. But thats all over for me now that Finals are done. I think grades come in sometime this weekend.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Just let me.. just.. just let... just let me...

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH*

Thanks, that...that was needed..

:hurr

Rainier

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

Yeah so I heard. College is much, much harder than High school so im gonna have to change my habits in a few years. How long are the tests in college? Ours are like 2 hours.
It really depends in the subject. My math exams are 2 hours long, but my Electronics class exams are actually four hours and, most of the time, with only 2 items. For Example ''Design a machine that can do X thing'' and some random problem.

As for tips.... the one thing I find really helpful is Listening to the Teacher... like... ALWAYS. Sometimes they will discreetly say the most important topics for the exams. Other than that... just study hard, and if it's a science, math or an engineering course... do your homework, it really does help.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I like exams. Why? Because it's not me who's answering. It's me who's making the exam. LOL. Just kidding.

Do you guys know how hard to write an exam. We teachers would like to answer an exam than to create on ourselves. It's very hard to think of questions which suit and cater the level of your students.

But if I am to share my exam days during college, we always had to do group studies just so we can understand the lesson. Me and my classmates intended to graduate altogether. That's why we had to do every bit for us to pass. We had to do night-overs, group studies, etc. I guess that was the funnest part in my college exam days.

Last edited by a moderator:

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
If I have understood you right you're also a teacher, right? Aren't you teachers helping each other with making exams? For example, when I was in High School the math teachers for one calculus course usually made the exam together and then handed it out to their respective classes, then they corrected the exams together as well.

Both because it'd make it easier with the creation of the exams, but also because the correcting would be less biased.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We do that sometimes, but not all of the times. I make my own exam questions in Intermediate Algebra while I ask the Elective Geometry II teacher some of her lessons so that I can incorporate my questions with her.

Of course we have our own sets of exams to check. I check my own exam while he/she checks their own. We just coordinate each other but not totally help one another. We just make sure that some of our lessons intersect at one point.