Theory - First Gen DS Dual Element: Complete | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory First Gen DS Dual Element: Complete

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now, idk if Natsu and Gajeel still has their dual elements in their bodies, seeing that they haven't used it this arc. But I think the dual element everyone has been anticipating for Wendy has finally come.

Yes, that is Irene's DS magic, or to be specific, Sage DS magic.

Now, first of all, let me make this call that Irene will make it out this arc alive. I just have a gut feeling that Hiro won't kill off Irene yet. But of course, I could be 90% wrong.

But whether she lives or dies, I'm still predicting she will still pass her DS magic to Wendy one way or another if Wendy hasn't taken some yet, considering they actually swapped bodies.

At this point, it may seem pointless to add dual elements in the story seeing how everyone has gotten strong already. Heck, Wendy can enter DF at will, so why dual elements. But Sting just got his recently, so there's still a chance Wendy will still get hers.

As far as the first gen are concerned, there are three patterns I've noticed from Natsu and Gajeel when they got their second elements:

1) the elemtment came from someone they fought before. We always thought Wendy would eventually get Cobra's or Sting's element. But the problem is that she doesn't have any interaction with them whatsoever. But w/ Irene, that is definitely not the case. We even had two chapters of them casting enchantments at one another. Even in the current chapter, Wendy still played a big role in damaging Irene.

2) element compatibility. Natsu is all about offensive attributes. And adding lightning to fire is just purely to increase to his firepower. Gajeel is more about defense. Either you can't hit him because of the shadows, or you hit a hard steel. And the shadows' intangibility is a great combination to his solid iron element. Now for Wendy, Irene's Sage DS is a perfect upgrade for her. Being a Sky DS, she's alreasdy using enchantments. Add the Sage power to amplify enchantments, and it will be a perfect power up for her. Also since Wendy can already enter DF, having the Sage magic won't conflict on her Sky element since Sage is not an "element" in a strict sense. So it would be reasonable for Wendy to gain her second element even if she can enter DF already.

3) Lacryma. I guess this is the only point that may reduce the credibility of my prediction, since Irene doesn't have a lacryma. But since Rouge just recently passed his element to Sting, there is still a posibility. For a while, we assumed that only DS w/ lacrymas can pass elements to another DS. But it got me thinking that Rouge is a 3rd gen, so he's like half-half. He has a lacryma just like Cobra, but he also learned DS directly from a dragon, just like Irene. So Rouge is like the common denomenator between Irene and Cobra. So we can't still rule out the posibility that Wendy can consume Irene's Sage "element" just because Irene doesn't have a lacryma.

Tl;dr: Wendy will acquire Irene's Sage DS as her second element.

Last edited: