First Round! 13] Avalo Pizarro vs Basil Hawkins | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round! 13] Avalo Pizarro vs Basil Hawkins

Who Wins?

• Avalo Pizarro

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Basil Hawkins

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Even if Hawkins has many good abilities like: he can regenerate to some extent, he knows his chances with cards etc., I doubt that'd help him overall.
Hawkins uses his cards: what's the probability of winning? Too small, I give up. That's how it'd probably go.

But really, we know almost nothing against Pizarro, so this is a tough one.
Even when he faced Kizaru, he did not fear him, nor retreated. Hawkins actions are all calculated and part of his strategy. He also seems to be a skilled swordfighter, and together with his devil fruit, it is a dangerous combination. Since we only know that Pizarro has something like the drill drill fruit, I want to give Hawkins the chance to proceed further in this tournament.

Apoo, Zoro, Kidd, Bege and Law are out, and soon Uruoge too.. Supernovas are too underrated, Hawkins, Ruffy, Killer and Drake are the only one to held up their flag!..Booney is too weak

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Apoo, Zoro, Kidd, Bege and Law are out, and soon Uruoge too.. Supernovas are too underrated, Hawkins, Ruffy, Killer and Drake are the only one to held up their flag!..Booney is too weak
exactly. And i don't think Booney is weak, she just couldn't beat BB and his crew.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
They are not underrated. They are clearly overrated.
Luffy who was the strongest among thems was still close to useless during the War at Marinford, so how come you can see weaker Hawkins being able to win against a 6th level prisoner?
Supernovas aren't weaklings now, but for now someone like a 6th level prisoner or someone like Doflamingo or Jimbei as for me are too strong for them. Maybe with the exeption of Luffy.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
nothing really say that luffy was the strongest before the timeskip. We just have the bounty and the bounty aren't related to strength. And law vs smoker clearly proved us that luffy ain't the only one who made some progress during the timeskip. And at least the supernova showed us something, those lvl 6 prisoner didn't show us anything except their face. And except BB they were useless during the war. Sengoku owned all of them with only one shockwave

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Well, Supernovas didn't have any fits before timeskip. Only Luffy was shown to defeat strong opponents like Croc, Moria, Lucci, while Supernovas didn't show anything. Entire Mugivara crew managed to take Pacifista before timeskip, while Kidd and Law had to unite both their crews to defeat one... And besides Drake and Hawkins Luffy, Kidd and Law seemd among the strongest Supernovas.

Well, the thing that Sengoku took down level 6th prisoners doesn't mean that they are weak. It only means that Sengoku is strong.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
before or after timeskip those lvl 6 don't have any fits, they didn't show anything. they're overrated just because they're lvl 6. They're not Godlike they're just as strong as a luffy, a jimbei or a law post timeskip. Crocodile was also a lvl 6 that doesn't change the fact that he's been defeated by an early luffy. You give too much credit to the fact that they're lvl 6. I believe if any of the old supernova were to be arrested now he would be lvl 6. And they all have unique fearsome abilities.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, they are not just level 6 prisoners now, they are now IN THE CREW OF A YONKO, and if I remember correctly everyone treats Shanks's crew as godlike, so why not Blackbeard's? The managed to get to being in a yonko crew. Plus those Big Mom pirates they are also strong, and if I may, Marco, who was in Whitebeards crew, is undoubtedly stronger than Hawkins, Supernovas are strong, but some are far more stronger than the others, plus some are needed more for the story, while others just fade away, like Capone and Urouge. Hawkins would be somewhere in the middle, though maybe upper middle/ My vote goes to Avalo Pizzaro since he should be as strong as everyone in Shanks's crew.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Actually, none of these two showed us what they're worth, forget about Hawkins performance back at Shabaody, that was 2 years ago, and now he's a well known pirate in the NW, well he wouldn't beat a Yonko, but I think he could put a fight against some of the commanders, depending on which one...

Avalo is a well known criminal, although him being in Level 6 may be an indicator of his strength, but it doesn't mean he's an uber since Level 6 is where criminals that the WG want to literally suppress them from history are thrown, I could even see Robin thrown there mainly because of her knowledge of the Ancient Language

Tough thing really... Guess I'd vote for Avalo

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
BB is only a Yonko cause he stole WB ability. So if you are in his crew, it doesnt mean you are automatically as strong as other Yonkos crew members, that argument is ridicoulus.
Fact is, Hawkins faced an admiral and a pacifister the same time, survived and is now a high bountied NW pirate.
BB and his crew shit his pants when Aka Inu arrived to capture Booney.

Being a Lvl.6 prisoner is no factor of strength, until you really see something that proves their power. From all we have seen so far, it should be clear, that Hawkins wins this.
Totally agree with scav!

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Please be reminded that the Level 6 people in Blackbeard's crew slaughtered all the other Level 6 prisoners around them. Like many have said, being in Level 6 doesn't necessarily mean you're strong, maybe you're just a really bad guy. But being a former Level 6 guy in BB's crew sure as hell makes you really strong. Level 6 had people like Crocodile, Jinbei, and Ace. So imagine how scary are the guys who were able to kill all the other Level 6 prisoners?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forget Pizarro.

We haven't seen anything from him so I'm going to vote for Basil Hawkins. I believe his df ability is very useful against other opponents that may possess equal or greater abilities due to his special voodoo doll technique where it "enables him to redirect any instances of physical damage inflicted upon him to another person using straw voodoo dolls, leaving him unharmed but forcing his victim to take damage amounting to what he would have". Such an opponent as Pizarro whom is known around the world as a dangerous (level 6 prisoner) criminal that has joined the BB Pirates would obviously pose a threat to Basil but how much of a threat is what is unclear. I don't think it would be a walk in the park for either of them. My impression is that Pizarro seems to be the arrogant type and would rush tactical decisions whereas Basil is much more calmer and takes into account various situations. He would also consider how to tackle certain obtacles.

So I vote for Basil. His voodoo doll technique would come in handy and after figuring out Pizarro strengths and weaknesses I'm confident that he would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.