First Round 17. (Shanks vs Kizaru) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round 17. (Shanks vs Kizaru)

Who wins?

• Shanks

Votes: 53 91.4%
  • Kizaru

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
First Round 17.

Shanks​

VS.

Kizaru

hossice

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
uhhhh uhhhhh :gwah I don't know. I know shanks is a power house, but we've seen a lot more from kizaru and he's gone up against whitebeard and it was shown a lot more in the manga

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally a decent match up instead of super stomps. We've seen more from Kizaru but I think we've seen enough from Shanks. He clashed with Whitebeard, his swordsmanship is on par with Mihawk, and he blocked a punch from Akainu. I'm pretty sure we have enough to go on.

Sir Amigo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Even with one arm, Shanks is a beast! His appearance after WBs death was badass and even the marine didnt want to fight with a second Yonko. I am sure that Kizaru has one of the strongest DF abilities shown so far.. But it is still not enough to defeat a Yonko alone.

But what we have seen from Kizaru so far was, owning four supernovas and fighting with Marco. If u believe what some people here say, the Supernovas are too weak to consider this as a real fight.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I'm not sure about this one. Shanks has massive reputation, and a few moments of power. We've seen Kizaru in action a lot more, and we've seen that he's obviously dangerous. At the moment, I'm unconvinced either way. We haven't seen either get serious in battle for more than a second.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
That's really a tough one. Shanks is obviously a powerhouse even though he lost his main hand he used to fight. Before he managed to get on par with Mihawk to some extent in terms of swordsmanship. Though now it seems that he is not at that level as he was when he still had his left hand. Even though it seems that his Haki grows stronger and stronger. He seems to be among the best Haki users in the manga, so it might compensate his loss of a hand, but anyways the problem is his opponent who isn't a small fry.
For now this fight might be the most interesting and the closest one in this Tournament.
Kizaru is obviously a damn powerhouse as well. He was shown to be among the strongest Marines. He was shown to have Haki and be quite a professional in it as he was fighting quite comfortably against Rayleigh who seems to be among the best Haki users so far and also among the strongest swordsmen. He has one of the strongest DF's in entire manga. It has an enormous destructive power on par with Enel's DF and has even greater speed than Enel's, thus Kizaru seems to be the fastest guy in the manga for now. I do believe he was stronger than Ao Kiji and maybe on par or even stronger than Akainu. The thing why he didn't become Fleet Admiral, it's because he didn't want to be one. It even seems to be a bother for him to be an Admiral. He was never shown to be serious. Neither during his fight against Rayleigh, nor during his presense in the War. I believe his actual fit that might give him some edge in this fight might be his enormous speed. Especially since Shanks doesn't have a hand and thus it limits his ability to block attacks from different directions. Also we shall not forget that Kizaru seems to be a swordsman as well as he fought Rayleigh with a swords made from light derived from his DF.

Still, it's really difficult for me to decide this fight, so I'll wait for more opinions.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Though now it seems that he is not at that level as he was when he still had his left hand.
It was mentioned in a data book that losing his arm didn't weaken him any.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Well, overall it didn't make him weaker as he increased his level of Haki, but as a swordsman he surely got weaker.
It was stated by Mihawk that now he isn't anymore interested in fighting him due to his injury.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
We don't know if he increased his haki or how much of his swordsmanship was affected by losing an arm. Mihawk may have lost interest in him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't respect his skill anymore.

UnknownMugiwara

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Wow! What a match!..
Hmm, I'd say Kizaru wins on the speed of himself and his DF. Yes, Shanks may have strong Haki and be on WB and Admiral level but kizaru and him are equally strong IMO.
I think Kizaru would be able to get more hits on Shanks and because it's his DF that makes him fast, I think Kizaru could keep fighting and "teleporting" around 'till Shanks is exausted. Of course that is just my opinion, I can't really remember Kizaru's fights, I probably needs to read up on him before my final vote :)

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I will say Shanks. Rayleigh put a decent fight with Kizaru and ended alive and Kizaru is a lazy bastard. Probably would retire after seeing him :P

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I'd say Shanks wins. Whitebeard (a Yonkou) gave Akainu quite the beating. And while Shanks isn't Whitebeard, he's still a Yonkou who was ready to take on the Marines and Blackbeard at the end of the War. I don't think he was bluffing about having the strength to "fight anyone who still wanted to fight."

I think Kizaru would be an even match for one of Shanks' crew members, but probably not Shanks himself.

darkprince0521

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Kizaru is my favorite from the Admirals and so is Shanks. both of them are quit strong. i am not sure who will win. but i will be voting for one only. too bad.....

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
I'll go with Shanks. He's calm, strong and has a great haki level. It can rivalize with Newgate, one who can stop a ship by his arm. While Kizaru's greatness can't be forgotten but still think the one standing will be Shanks. Also he start to shiver when saw Ben Beckman.

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Don't compare with WB. He was the strongest man back in his... living days. Even before his death, there was no single person that could hope to take him on 1on1 and expect to win. But he did not aim to be PK or anything power-related, he just wanted to have his family.
In a serious fight between Shanks and WB, Shanks would be stomped flat. So would be Kizaru.

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think we'll ever see Kizaru act serious in any battle. He doesn't have lazy justice like Aoikiji or absolute justice like Akainu. He's more of a joker. We might think he's never been serious but it's hard to tell he makes too many damn jokes. Despite this based on what I've seen him do and the others it just doesn't cut it against strong willed opponents like Shanks. I feel he has the greatest use of his df but when it comes to haki strength and tactics the other dogs blue and red are superior.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
eefrit
Well, how can he not be affected? He lost his main left hand that he used to weild sword... It is obvious that it affected his swordsmanship no matter how you look at it...
Also loosing a hand makes an impact on your mobility and defense.;)

Giammaio

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
eefrit
Well, how can he not be affected? He lost his main left hand that he used to weild sword... It is obvious that it affected his swordsmanship no matter how you look at it...
Also loosing a hand makes an impact on your mobility and defense.;)
im gonna go ahead to that, what oda says, is the absolute rule, oda said he's fighting ability didn't change, so it didn't.

Also guys keep in count, that kizaru does not actually move at the speed of light, he's quick, but not to that level *_*

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is, so far the hardest fight to vote on.
I have been thinking about it, and I cannot decide!! :(

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Giammaio
No matter what you say his overall fighting ability might not change, but his particular capability as a swordsman can't be the same... he lost his main hand. It's just obvious. If his overall fighting ability didn't change, then he should have improven his Haki, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.