First Round 21 (Jewlery Bonney vs Perona) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round 21 (Jewlery Bonney vs Perona)

Who wins?

• Jewlery Bonney

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Perona

Votes: 38 73.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
First Round 21

Jewlery Bonney

VS.

Perona

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Unless Bonney somehow finds Perona's real body and gets the jump on her, Perona's going to take Bonney out in an instant.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Both are meaningless to me. But obviously Perona wins, she fights by ghosts, she don't need even to walk in case of being a child or old.

Leonsagara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a pretty interesting fight, but Perona's DF gives her the win. I think her DF has the potential to be one of the most dangerous ones we've seen. If Perona had any combat ability, she'd be a force to be reckoned with.

GomuGomu_Getsuga

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like Bonnie and Perona but I give it to the ghost girl. This is a good match-up considering they both like Zoro...

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Perona wins this easily. Her ability is too dangerous and Bonney seems to be among the weakest Supernovas...
Her only option would have been to find a real body, but anyways she won't make it in time in such a fight. Also she won't know about Perona's ability, so she is doomed.:)

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know guys, Bonney kicked BB pretty hard...then again, without Haki I don't think anyone could face off against Perona so...yeah Perona.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Bonnie, of course. You can't be a captain being a weakling. Perona is such a...well, dependent person.

scott1uk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ummm what's this "finding Perona's real body" nonsense? This is a tournament fight. Both have to be present at the battle field. Bonney is a Captain, as mentioned, strong enough to handle her own without the use of her DF. Perona may cause people to lose their will, but she has no devastating attack that could possibly kill Bonney. The ghosts effects wear off quite quickly and even with that, I don't think anyone will really accept death. Disgrace, lack of courage or confidence, yes, but not suicide. Bonney has more attack and power. She may go down a few times but will take Perona.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Perona doesn't need to hide. A combo of her Despair Ghost and Explosion ghost should do the trick. We've not seen enough from Bonney to fairly judge her strength. I want her win this fight, but at this moment, that's not possible without more info.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Uriel
Well, Bonnie didn't show any attacking power.:) Her only fit was a DF that enables her change the age of her opponents, but she couldn't do anything to BB's crew, not even to a single person. So I doubt her ability works that easy. While Perona didn't show any attacking ability either, still her DF is just broken. Before timeskip we didn't see anyone who wouldn't have been affected by her power. Expect for Usopp.;)
Even if Perona is changed to a child or an old man, she can still use her ability and bring Bonnie down, because obviously while affected by Perona's power you can't contrattack.:)

THM Nindo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Perona is simply broken.
From what we saw, she could defeat pretty much everybody, except Usopp.

I would like to see her try her tricks against a really powerful opponent, like Mihawk or Shanks.
I wonder if they would have something to stop her from affecting their morale...

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Perona is simply broken.
From what we saw, she could defeat pretty much everybody, except Usopp.

I would like to see her try her tricks against a really powerful opponent, like Mihawk or Shanks.
I wonder if they would have something to stop her from affecting their morale...
Apparently having really strong haki gives you a defense against DF powers. For example, Smoker warned Tashigi that her haki wasn't good enough to prevent her from being cut by Law. So just knowing haki isn't enough to fight against a powerful DF ability, you need better mastery of haki (which I doubt Bonney has).

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Perona takes the win for me. Not only does she have one of the most ridiculous DF abilities, but she's quite versed in its use with some handy tricks and attacks available to her. Add that to the fact that she was likely stuck for two years with Mihawk and Zoro, she's probably a real monster by now.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Perona takes the win for me. Not only does she have one of the most ridiculous DF abilities, but she's quite versed in its use with some handy tricks and attacks available to her. Add that to the fact that she was likely stuck for two years with Mihawk and Zoro, she's probably a real monster by now.
That is a damn good point you bring up. I wonder if decided to strong along with Zoro in order to try and find Moriah in the New World, if she is even still loyal to him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.