First Round 4. (Brogy vs. Brook) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round 4. (Brogy vs. Brook)

Who wins?

• Brogy

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Brook

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
First Round 4.

Brogy

VS.

Brook

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Hmm, hard one. Brook's able to sleep or make illusions and then slash their opponents, but only to do a K.O, after that i guess it won't work. Certainly he can freeze parts of Brogy but just shallow ones because he's a giant.

I'll go with Brogy.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Brogy seems to have the upper hand here. No matter what Brook does, he still has to fight with a giant with monstrous strength and century of battle experience. All the tricks Brook could pull out are circumstantial. Nobody guarantees that he would be able to put Brogy to sleep or that Brook actually has enough power to freeze parts of a giant (doubt that).

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Poor Brook.:) Broggy is just too strong for him. Even though Brook has gotten way stronger during timeskip with sword and can make illusions and relocate his bones, but he still can't defeat the guy like Broggy.
Not only Broggy is a giant, but he was quite a famous pirate if I'm not mistaken and had a bounty higher than Sanji's.

The Letter L

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes but Brook is pretty fast. He could probably dodge any of Broggy's attacks. Also, Broggy's doesn't have his weapon anymore. He can only resort to using his fists and feet and, well, his size. I understand Brook probably can't do a whole lot of damage to him, but I think Brook has a lot more going for him then Broggy.

Last edited:

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Yes but Brook is pretty fast. He could probably dodge any of Broggy's attacks. Also, Broggy's doesn't have his weapon anymore. He can only resort to using his fists and feet and, well, his size. I understand Brook probably can't do a whole lot of damage to him, but I think Brook has a lot more going for him then Dorry.
I don't think his axe would really matter if he fought Brook. It would just add to Brogy's advantage even more. A giant is a giant and people who can take them down are rare. And Dorry and Brogy are probably among the stronger giants we've seen, considering what they did to poor fish.

On a side note, how come we never saw giant admirals using Rokushiki? :p

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Well, if John the Giant knows Rokushiki... then he might have been a gamechanger in War at Marinford.:)) Would be really great to see such a scene in an actual fight, especially since Rokushiki isn't shown much as of lately with the exeption of Vergo.:)

Well, aside from him Momonga and Dolmatin showed to know Rokushiki. Garp seems as well as he started teaching Coby it, but seeing Giants do this is obviously more interesting.:)

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Well, Shigan would be useless for giants, expcept when fighting other giants.

But ffs, just imagine one of them giants using Rankyaku. Would be an overkill!

I feel like it's some kind of an oversight. Or is that being a giant disables them from using those techniques in some other way? Who knows. Imagine a giant kicking the ground 10 times to use Soru. Marineford wouldn't even need Whitebeard's quakes to destroy it. Giants would do it all by themselves.
I imagine giants would have to destroy a considerable part of their training environment just to learn Rokushiki.

Sorry for offtopic. Would be silly to open a thread just to discuss about Rokushiki and giants.

Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
A very tactical match for Brook. If he's got the brains and songs, he could easily make Brogy sleep with a Lullaby and then - not with the usual striking, but much like the rum-bomb - enter inside the giants mouth and execute a freezing attack. This would lead to heavy headaches for the giant, which is either k.o. or enraging.

In pure strength, naturally Brogy wins. If he's enraged by such an attack, maybe rather mosquito bite, by Brook all the more, but then he still has to get to hit him, which imo is rather out of question. Brook is so fast and light that he can run on water, so evading an old giant shouldn't be too difficult even though that one is battletested.

scott1uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would go with Brogy.

Maybe Brook could outrun him, ever evading, but this is a battle and Brook has to try to win. He doesn't really have a counter option either. Brogy has faught a never ending battle, but his eyes ever open for an opportunity to strike. Surely he has the patience and experience to deal with Brook, who, though is creative, lacks a real edge for battle. One mistake and Brogy will take the advantage and squash brook, grind his bones... and make some bread.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Chile
A very tactical match for Brook. If he's got the brains and songs, he could easily make Brogy sleep with a Lullaby and then - not with the usual striking, but much like the rum-bomb - enter inside the giants mouth and execute a freezing attack. This would lead to heavy headaches for the giant, which is either k.o. or enraging.

In pure strength, naturally Brogy wins. If he's enraged by such an attack, maybe rather mosquito bite, by Brook all the more, but then he still has to get to hit him, which imo is rather out of question. Brook is so fast and light that he can run on water, so evading an old giant shouldn't be too difficult even though that one is battletested.
Nice post indeed, except for a little detail, how do you know that Brogy sleep with his mouth open?

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
I don't know that he does, that's just an assumption - and how I imagine a giant sleeping: with his mouth open, snoring and a big bubble of snot. If his mouth is closed there are still a few sensitive spots a true swordsman could hit to immobilize or even kill. Brook however doesn't exactly look like one using brute force to cut through a giants flesh.

vpyr

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't know that he does, that's just an assumption - and how I imagine a giant sleeping: with his mouth open, snoring and a big bubble of snot. If his mouth is closed there are still a few sensitive spots a true swordsman could hit to immobilize or even kill. Brook however doesn't exactly look like one using brute force to cut through a giants flesh.
and Brook doesnt have to go inside his mouth...

he could just freeze his feet and hands, to immobiliz Brogy. After that he just needs to freeze the nose and the mouth ;) The question is, can Brogy sleep deep enough that Brook can just freez him as a whole?

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
and Brook doesnt have to go inside his mouth...

he could just freeze his feet and hands, to immobiliz Brogy. After that he just needs to freeze the nose and the mouth ;) The question is, can Brogy sleep deep enough that Brook can just freez him as a whole?
I don't think Brook has enough freezing power to easilly do what Aokiji can do. Making his blade freeze parts of normal sized opponents is not the same as Aokiji completely immobilizing Saul.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yeah go Brook . His new achieved ability makes me believe he can win this :nod

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Brook can win this with just his music, I think. Freezing things isn't even required here. Don't underestimate the Soul King!

Status
Not open for further replies.