First Round 9. (Sentomaru vs Donquixote Doflamingo) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round 9. (Sentomaru vs Donquixote Doflamingo)

Who wins?

• Sentomaru

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

Votes: 51 94.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
First Round 9.

Sentomaru

VS.

Donquixote Doflamingo

ish3

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well if I feel any of the monster trio or Jinbei can defeat Sentomaru than I don't believe Donquixote would let him live.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Doflamingo would pwn him badly and rape him on top of that yup yup

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
I believe that Sentomaru could cut Doflas (assumed) strings pretty easily. He may be huge, but he's not as idiotic as a certain other giant rushing forward. On top of that, Sentomaru has a pretty tough defense and his attacks don't need contact. Dofla on the other hand didn't seem to have a proper fight yet we could deduce him owning Sentomaru from. We do know his ability could stop Jozu, which is a great feat already. We also know Baby 5's attacks didn't harm him, though that might be little more than a mosquito. And lastly he fought Moriah - who was in a clearly weakend state.
Altogether it's not a clear winner, but I'd go for Sentomaru so far.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I believe that Sentomaru could cut Doflas (assumed) strings pretty easily. He may be huge, but he's not as idiotic as a certain other giant rushing forward. On top of that, Sentomaru has a pretty tough defense and his attacks don't need contact. Dofla on the other hand didn't seem to have a proper fight yet we could deduce him owning Sentomaru from. We do know his ability could stop Jozu, which is a great feat already. We also know Baby 5's attacks didn't harm him, though that might be little more than a mosquito. And lastly he fought Moriah - who was in a clearly weakend state.
Altogether it's not a clear winner, but I'd go for Sentomaru so far.
Atmos, one of WB's commander couldn't do shit against Dofla's ability, you believe that Sentomaru would be able to do so ? Jozu too couldn't do shit
This is clearly Doflamingo's victory

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Atmos is almost negligible, if it wasn't for his sword being useless... Jozu however an experienced, long serving commander who can withstand Shanks hakiburst is the bigger "problem". I don't know how or why Dofla could hold him back, but as I said, I think the axe is enough to counter that puppeteer move, next to Sentomarus ranged melee attacks and enormous ability to not only use, but to employ haki, that is.

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Doflamingo, if Monet said she can be killed by Joker, it means that he can use Busoshoku. There's no way to Sentomaru to stop him.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Atmos is almost negligible, if it wasn't for his sword being useless... Jozu however an experienced, long serving commander who can withstand Shanks hakiburst is the bigger "problem". I don't know how or why Dofla could hold him back, but as I said, I think the axe is enough to counter that puppeteer move, next to Sentomarus ranged melee attacks and enormous ability to not only use, but to employ haki, that is.
What ? I don't want to sound rude, but do you even read what you are saying ? Atmos negligible, him being one of the commanders of WB is negligible ? And you consider Sentomaru stronger because of what please ? His feats are limited to beatin pre timeskip Luffy after he was tired from fighting one Pacifista with the rest of his crew, that's some feat alright !

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Doflamingo takes this with ease. Sentomaru has shown nothing to suggest that he would be anywhere near threatening.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Don't know how you come to such a conclusion too [USER]Akainu[/USER], it's as if you didn't read the chapter where Doflamingo was presented as some massively powerful character, he's clearly some end game character from his previous dealings and the fear he instill into his own crew members. If Vergo is working for him, I can't see how Sentomaru could have any clear advantage over Doflamingo.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
@Schabrak: But that's exactly the point. I'm not saying he has a clear advantage, I'd just give him the 0.00001 % that he wins. Seeing the clear advantage for Dofla, almost worshipping him even, is what I don't understand. He's massively powerful? So what? So was Enel. Luffy beat him in the end.
Instilling fear and whatnot is surely due to his abilities and power as well, but you forget that he's the underworld mafias boss. That is a factor that makes many people fear him, since he's got lots of influence. It does not mean there is no way of fighting him and - even if barely - winning.

@Zehahaha: Atmos is indeed negligible to my theory. He's commander of the what? 13th division? Sure he's a big shot, but it pales in comparision to Jozu and thus, again, is negligible. Could just as well argue with Dofla controlling a Marine back then.
As for Sentomaru, you are underestimating him by far. He beat pre-timeskip Luffy and that's grantedly about the last thing we saw from him. But! Who says he couldn't beat Luffy now? His haki? Sentomaru has way more experience with it and -again- the toughest defense... according to himself xP

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I think ol' Dofla would win in the end. Axe and Haki or not, Dofla has shown that he can hold and manipulate people who seemed physically stronger without any trouble (like Joz and Atmos) and that giants like Oars Jr. are fodder for him. Sentomaru seemed taken aback just by observing Luffy one hit KO a Pacifista.

I think that evidence so far gives Dofla a clear advantage.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
@Zehahaha: Atmos is indeed negligible to my theory. He's commander of the what? 13th division? Sure he's a big shot, but it pales in comparision to Jozu and thus, again, is negligible. Could just as well argue with Dofla controlling a Marine back then.
As for Sentomaru, you are underestimating him by far. He beat pre-timeskip Luffy and that's grantedly about the last thing we saw from him. But! Who says he couldn't beat Luffy now? His haki? Sentomaru has way more experience with it and -again- the toughest defense... according to himself xP
According to himself, says it all.

How could you say he pales in comparison to Jozu when : Oda didn't bother to show us Atmos feats right ? And even all those feats Jozu showed, well... He just got controlled in the same fashion Atmos was too, again, what does the number of divisions have to do with strenght ? Oda specifically said that the number given to the divisions have nothing to do with the strenght of their commanders

Beating a pre timeskip Luffy is a proof of strenght, especially after the war ? Lolno, that doesn't show anything actually... Poor Sentamoru will get controlled in the same way Jozu and Atmos got controlled, this is Dofla we're talking about

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Luffy never went into Gear 2 while fighting Sentomaru. Plus, he had other concerns, like running away along with his crew. The fact that Sentomaru pwned Luffy in that short skirmish of theirs doesn't prove much. Boa sisters also pwned Luffy, until he went Gear 2. Sure, I think Sentomaru is a little stronger, but I still believe Luffy would defeat him on Shabondy if the situation wasn't so urgent.

cearon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
i like these kind of easy battles. DD will beat that overgrown lobe of fat( yeah i am sure they r all muscle :amuse) with room to spare. i am not gonna go with him being an end-boss type but sentomaru isnt exactly lvl-capped either. so DD wins.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Flamingo seems really terrifying . I'm betting on him since even Luffy can handle Sentomaru IMO

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Dofla's ability makes me convinced he'd win. Simply put: no matter what kind of strength or defense Sentomaru uses, it all boils down to him being controlled by Dofla. Jozu's diamondness didn't help, either.

Cyrs

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
I think it would be a good match. Sentomaru has the best Haki defense. However, Jaws (Jozu, in the romanji, lol) had the best physical defense, being made of diamond, but he still got controlled by Doflamingo. On the other hand, Doflamingo and Crocodile seemed to fight pretty evenly, so who knows how strong Doflamingo is.

But in this fight, I expect Doflamingo to come out on top.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think it would be a good match. Sentomaru has the best Haki defense. However, Jaws (Jozu, in the romanji, lol) had the best physical defense, being made of diamond, but he still got controlled by Doflamingo. On the other hand, Doflamingo and Crocodile seemed to fight pretty evenly, so who knows how strong Doflamingo is.

But in this fight, I expect Doflamingo to come out on top.
" I'm the STRONGEST MAN in the world, nobody can beat me ? Want a proof ? Oh no, it's real in my mind so yea "
It's the same shit for Sentomaru, until he shows us what's his " best defense " is, then that's nothing but talk that shouldn't be taken as a feat or anything like that, a statement about the strenght of a character said by the same character is nothing, that's like Nnoitora in Bleach who kept saying he's the strongest Espada while he's shit

Last edited:

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Joker for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.