Misc Attempt - First time trying to clean/edit, any critiques are greatly appreciated | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Misc Attempt First time trying to clean/edit, any critiques are greatly appreciated

savannah

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
After all these years of leeching manga, I've finally decided to try editing. With minimal photoshop knowledge and skills, this is the best I can do right now. Any critiques are greatly appreciated, the harsher the better since it'll improve my skills. Thank you.

Cleaned and resized (75%):

Raw (resized 75%)

There's not much going on in this page, I figured it would make a good start. I scanned this myself @ 360 dpi then resized to 75%. My aim is to make HQ results.

[EDIT] I used Photoshop, no other programs were involved.

Last edited:

Raenef

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
ok lets start with my waste knowledge of a ts

first

size and dpi are only while scanning related, after that u can freely change dpi without being related to the size of the image

the scanning of 300+ dpi is related to the image size, so you have a big enough raw to work with (yeah you could go higher but u dont want a 50 mb raw to work with and scanning takes more time too)

meaning after you scanned it at 300 dpi (or higher), you start cleaning, and somewhere in that cleaning chain you resize the image, most groups use 1300px as height, some use 1400 or 1200, the dpi is mostly used 72 here, which means size and dpi are no longer in corelation here

your posted scans here are oddly sized