Foreshadowing in media other than the webtoon | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Foreshadowing in media other than the webtoon

brzytki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
As the title says, have you guys considered this? There are now a couple of games that tell ToG's story where you can see SIU's characters come to life, animated and so on. Sure, it is not, nor should it be, considered canon but since it requires at least some communication from SIU to people managing such projects, there might be a case where SIU foreshadows some situations/characters/powers within these games. Meaning people playing a game, watching videos related to it can get a glimpse of things to come in the webtoon. What is your opinion on the matter? Do you think it's a good idea to do so?

This whole thought came to me just now, after scrolling through some videos on Youtube and i'm a little ashamed it took me 6 months to notice what i've just seen, especially since i do play that game, and i haven't seen anyone mention it yet. So here it comes:
Rak the Native One after transformation
View media item 28706Some background:
  • raw chapter 607 where Rak transforms went live 21.01.24
  • video foreshadowing how Rak would look after the transformation (0:02) was published 4.10.23 so 4 months earlier
What's more, it shows that the Native One had Rak's appearance. So far we've only seen the silhouette of the Native One when Eduan talked about them and it was somewhat similar to Rak's. That could further strengthen the argument that Rak isn't just a descendant but a true Native One - one of the 5 that the giant split into.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I watched this video before but I don't like this because we don't know much about SIU's involvement so I consider everything or pretty much everything non-canon, It depends. I said in in one of my posts that I didn't like one of SIU's use of A.A.'s White Heavenly Mirror, which was foreshadowed only in the blog posts.

That's not foreshadowing but I played ToG: New World(uninstalled quickly because these games bore me easily) a bit and I liked the beginning, which explained how Yuri found Baam and faced Maschenny before that. I think that was nice, but SIU hasn't said if it's canon or not I believe. In my head it's pretty much canon now, but maybe it's not. That's what is annoying about this. The Positions the characters have (like Evankhell as Wave Controller and Wangnan as Fisherman) are things I consider canon until proved otherwise as well.

Speaking of New World, there is also that Child Androssi character. I am not too fond of the fact that she is an Anima. It makes me think of the LPB theories which I don't find coherent at all. Her Shinheuh was a snake too(which is fine). She was released during an Halloween Event IIRC?. It made me curious to know that story. It wasn't interesting at all, but the conclusion is what mattered the most. It felt very ToG and true to the character, which surprised me and made me think that SIU gave them some notes or something.

I know there are also some Khun Family stories in some of these games. Which reminds me of what the anime did to Maria, making her act like a seductress with her "My Aguero", which doesn't fit A.A.'s description of her at all and what we have seen in the manhwa so far. I hate that.

So, I'd prefer if we learn stuff like this in the webtoon only, excepted if we get something in another media which is confirmed to be from SIU and canon. Maybe the fact that I am not Korean also makes this harder for me.

Justpassingbypassingby

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As a manhwa only follower, I feel like thing about that *unsatisfying if some cannon didn't explain rightly on manhwa, that is not fair I believe, because of that I still wait about some info from blog that SIU writes present rightly on manhwa or he change it, for example yama background that changes, that's fine for me, as long as it present on manhwa.

*edit disappointed isn't right word for my real expression

Last edited:

NAMELESS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As the title says, have you guys considered this? There are now a couple of games that tell ToG's story where you can see SIU's characters come to life, animated and so on. Sure, it is not, nor should it be, considered canon but since it requires at least some communication from SIU to people managing such projects, there might be a case where SIU foreshadows some situations/characters/powers within these games. Meaning people playing a game, watching videos related to it can get a glimpse of things to come in the webtoon. What is your opinion on the matter? Do you think it's a good idea to do so?

This whole thought came to me just now, after scrolling through some videos on Youtube and i'm a little ashamed it took me 6 months to notice what i've just seen, especially since i do play that game, and i haven't seen anyone mention it yet. So here it comes:
Rak the Native One after transformation
View media item 28706Some background:
  • raw chapter 607 where Rak transforms went live 21.01.24
  • video foreshadowing how Rak would look after the transformation (0:02) was published 4.10.23 so 4 months earlier
What's more, it shows that the Native One had Rak's appearance. So far we've only seen the silhouette of the Native One when Eduan talked about them and it was somewhat similar to Rak's. That could further strengthen the argument that Rak isn't just a descendant but a true Native One - one of the 5 that the giant split into.
There is a Rachel line in the game that goes along this:"I used to be above the humans,but below the gods".

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There is a Rachel line in the game that goes along this:"I used to be above the humans,but below the gods".
Hard for me to imagine Rachel saying this... It doesn't feel like she has experienced a life of luxury before.

NAMELESS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hard for me to imagine Rachel saying this... It doesn't feel like she has experienced a life of luxury before.
Wasn't it implied she hanged around Grace and was a handmaid or something?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can't find those dialogue lines,but i found these:
Oedipus looks like Rachel. I will dig more later...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Wasn't it implied she hanged around Grace and was a handmaid or something?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can't find those dialogue lines,but i found these:
Oedipus looks like Rachel. I will dig more later...
Yes, but a maid's life isn't one of luxury.

In the manhwa she always talks as if she was a supporting character wanting to become the heroine.