Semifinal - Fumetsu no Anata e vs. Yakusoku no Neverland | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Fumetsu no Anata e vs. Yakusoku no Neverland

Who wins?

• Fumetsu no Anata e

• Yakusoku no Neverland

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

Fumetsu no Anata e
Yoshitoki Oima
-

Yakusoku no Neverland
Kaiu Shirai
Posuka Demizu

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Of course I do read both of the mangas so I will see which person will confince me the most. Anyway, since I see there has already been some images posted of TPN here, gonna leave those Fumetsu fanarts here also. Enjoy~

(the first one bellow this comment is pretty much my favo fanart of the ones have seen so far.)

@Credits goes to their respective owners.

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
And that's where I go separate ways with TPN xD
I liked the series. It's unique, intriguing and engaging, and the art is very original. I don't share the hype about it, though. I think it deserves the praise and to be called one of the best on going series, but I still enjoy other on going series more. It's a personal thing.
On the other hand, I only read the starting chapter of Fumetsu, and that was so pretty... The art got my attention right away, and I recall that well cause I first heard about it when I started to get to know Bia. She showed me a site and I recall asking her about it and getting a good feedback. Fumetsu is also rly unique, but another level of unique, imo. TPN has a clever plot, Fumetsu felt sublime. I get more and more interested reading what Lambu and Vandred say on the series: a MC that is always literally evolving, how it's focused on interactions and reflection, and I simply love things like that... I like to contemplate xD might be the single thing that makes me feel connected to art. Not to mention that that's how things usually go when Lambu recommend something: I instantly know it will be very likely touching and of great taste, something I would appreciate spending time on. Only a few people cause that on me in these contests, usually Tina and Gryff along with him (the ones I recall from the top of my head). I know those people will bring in things I'd feel attracted to and I usually wouldn't find them on my own, they're just more sensitive and knowledgeable about them.
So, going by my own impressions, with what resonated the most with me, and acknowledging someone whose taste I trust, I'll go with Fumetsu and honestly hope more people will check it and that this beautiful series can win.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
And that's where I go separate ways with TPN xD
I liked the series. It's unique, intriguing and engaging, and the art is very original. I don't share the hype about it, though. I think it deserves the praise and to be called one of the best on going series, but I still enjoy other on going series more. It's a personal thing.
On the other hand, I only read the starting chapter of Fumetsu, and that was so pretty... The art got my attention right away, and I recall that well cause I first heard about it when I started to get to know Bia. She showed me a site and I recall asking her about it and getting a good feedback. Fumetsu is also rly unique, but another level of unique, imo. TPN has a clever plot, Fumetsu felt sublime. I get more and more interested reading what Lambu and Vandred say on the series: a MC that is always literally evolving, how it's focused on interactions and reflection, and I simply love things like that... I like to contemplate xD might be the single thing that makes me feel connected to art. Not to mention that that's how things usually go when Lambu recommend something: I instantly know it will be very likely touching and of great taste, something I would appreciate spending time on. Only a few people cause that on me in these contests, usually Tina and Gryff along with him (the ones I recall from the top of my head). I know those people will bring in things I'd feel attracted to and I usually wouldn't find them on my own, they're just more sensitive and knowledgeable about them.
So, going by my own impressions, with what resonated the most with me, and acknowledging someone whose taste I trust, I'll go with Fumetsu and honestly hope more people will check it and that this beautiful series can win.
Thank you so much for those words :amuse
Its for this why I nominate things for many wars, to make a reaction on people and impulse them to check things I really like and deserve more praise than what mainstream dictates. So yeah, this post did my day, thanks again o/

As for Fumetsu no Anata e, I've talked about it as much as I could without entering "spoiler territory" and I would like to stay into those boundaries. Its a series I would like for you people to check and enjoy on your own, without any kind of previous hints.

If you missed them you can check these amazing posts by @Crescent Jinx and @Vandred here and here.(Thank you too guys) Also the regular campaigning posts in every round or @Purity of Magi 's art collection in last round, some of them are absolutely amazing.

Just like Van said, I would like to make a closure to the exposition of the series with the Main objective or "Final Destination" of the journey. This is to know what is Fushi and what is its purpose in the world. Why was an immortal with such a strong connection to living things placed there?

There's many arcs with its particular characters and lessons to learn, but this is the main drive Fushi cannot simply set aside... since there's beings that also appeared in that world with the sole purpose of putting an end to this "disturbance" that Fushi is.

I wont say much about them, but they represent the horror in the story. They bring death and sorrow to each place they visit and only in the most recent chapters we are starting to get insight into them, and yet they are still a mystery. The only thing thats known for sure is that they exist because the immortal does too, and as it evolves they do aswell.

So this story can also get very dark in a matter of minutes, "Tragedy" is a recurrent topic in the series after all.

To sum it up, this series touches many points I particularly love in manga, from the representation of life matters to action and mystery.
If you like stories that warm your heart with emotion and feeling, stories that are hard to predict and that keep a fantastic narrative from beggining to end: You will love this one. :hi

Thanks for reading! Vote for Fumetsu! :cheerbunny

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Campaigns:
I II III IV V VI VII
@Erinyes wonderful ones too:
I II III

The main trio

The three protagonists have similarities: same age, they're extremely inteligent, etc. However they have their own way to act and share some different ideals that will either cooperate or cause conflicts between them.
You have the main character in this shonen, a girl, Emma, the classic optimistic and almost innocent character who wants to save everyone no matter what is costs. Ray the serious and pessimist type, cold and tenacious. And then Norman who has a quiet and calm personality, but is also the most calculator of all them .

One of the things the series has focus are the ties of the main trio of the orphanage. They're the smartest kids there and are the ones who will try to find a way to save themselves and everyone. Their ideals will change and grow the more they learn about the world they discover and fear, the manga will develop and focus on the sibling -friendshp between them while they have to learn how to mature and grow up alone.

The world

There are two vast places in Neverland's world: the orphanage, their "house" where they grew up and waited to be adopted, it becomes a jail and a slaughterhouse. That's where they have to use their minds and intellect to escape with all their brothers and sisters.
The second one, the "outside" world. All of them have been locked and fed with lies in the orphanage, having no idea what the real world is like, knowing that the "adoption" is also a huge lie.
That's when the journey of the orphans (the "lost boys" of the Peter Pan tales) to find the "promised neverland" starts: to search a place where they will be free and safe, away from the place where they're forced to "grow up", only to end everything in a dark way.

They're are all alone in both worlds and there are all type of humans and creatures who want to get rid of them.

In TPN the psyche of the children will be put to a test again and again.
Both the main three protagonsits and their siblings have to deal with the truths and consequences about trying to get out of the constant danger around them. Despite the humor and the warm moments between the characters, there is a loneliness, tension and claustrophobic feeling that makes all these relations look more desesperate.

TPN has characteristics that bounce between pessimism and optimism, giving it a dehumanizing tone. The mystery it’s never confusing, neither makes you feel dumb. Instead, it reveals everything of the story and explains the kids's hypothesis and thoughts in a clear way. The story is full of survivals, twists, battles between minds, suspense and horror; counting the heartwarming and happy moments the kids will build and overcome.

Vote for Neverland! (・∀・)*:・゚✧

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I just had to check out Fumetsu now, thought that's only fair before I instavote Neverland. And boy, is it great or what? :zomg I love Koe no Katachi, but I wasn't sure if her next series could keep up that quality. Turns out I was worried for nothing, 've only read 12 chapters, but even the very first almost made me shed a tear :emocat

So yeah, I'm enjoying it immensely and am actually considering to give it my vote, but maybe I should read a bit more before I make my decision... this is difficult, because I enjoy Neverland a lot too :s

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just had to check out Fumetsu now, thought that's only fair before I instavote Neverland. And boy, is it great or what? :zomg I love Koe no Katachi, but I wasn't sure if her next series could keep up that quality. Turns out I was worried for nothing, 've only read 12 chapters, but even the very first almost made me shed a tear :emocat

So yeah, I'm enjoying it immensely and am actually considering to give it my vote, but maybe I should read a bit more before I make my decision... this is difficult, because I enjoy Neverland a lot too :s
You checked it! \o/ It gets even better from then on. :amuse

Tbh both mangas are great, TPN was absolutely incredible in its first arc and, even if it lost its charm afterwards for me, it still kept a pretty good level, something that not all mangas do so it deserves all my praise.
I only want Fumetsu to reach more people and get the recognision it deserves, its already gone very far, but if it won this wars it would just be awesome. :awe

That said, best of luck for @revo who's been making a great campaign. Whichever manga passes it will deserve it, no doubt about it o/

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I'm currently reading Fumetsu @Lambu I fell for it just when I saw the pictures on your nomination :XD It deserves to get first place, so I'm happy to get to compete against it.
Some usseles things:
~When the manga was out, everyone tought it had something to do with Peter Pan, or that he was going to make an apparence or something. The plot is more about the Lost Boys of the book, who have no idea about their past (where they come from), their future (are they going to stay in that "wonderful" life forever?) or how the real world is like (they have always been in the "Neverland" of Pan and don't know about the world where you grow up).
~In the book, when the Lost Boys grow up, they're killed by Pan or someone else so they don't surprass the age of twelve years old, just like the characters at TPN who have to leave the orphanage before turning twelve.
~J. M Barrie wrote the Peter Pan character based on his brother who died a day before turning fourteen years old, an age before "growing up" and stopping being a child. The kids at TPN have to leave the house before turning twelve. That's the cut-off date for kids under their "Mama" care, killing them around Barrie's brother age.
~"Promised Neverland" is a subjetive place both in the book and the manga because the Lost Boys and the orphanages grow up in a place where they're forced to grow up in a risk and dark way with cruel propuoses. So in both places the search for a "Neverland" is about finding a paradise where they're unmolested and safe from the adults who want to lie and manipulate them; they're searching for that place, just like Peter did.

I always wanted to point that little data :lmao

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Could not be less interested in either of these series. All respect to both but they both just don't sound appealing to me. Of the two Fumetsu no Anata e gets a slight edge because I could imagine checking out an anime of it one day but that's about it. Which means it comes down to who would I rather support.

@Lambu or @revo

I'd say I'm 95% of the way to forgiving Lambu for campaigning against Androssi in the Waifu wars. But the remaining 5% rage tips the balance.

Revs and TPN gets my vote.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Read Fumetsu no Anata upto chapter 4.

Enjoyable reminds me of Emanon.

Xadyu

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted