Discussion - Future Possibilites | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Future Possibilites

shuha27

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I live in America and am currently a sophomore in high school. Lately, I've been really worried about college and about what I want to be when I grow up. Since I was a kid I always wanted to become a neurosurgeon but lately I realized how much work it will take. I'm going to be in my mid to late 30s by the time I become a neurosurgeon. I just wanted to know if anyone has any other careers that would interest me. I'm really into things that deal with the medical field or the human mind. Also, should I try to take my ACT this year?

Thank you :)

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I live in America and am currently a sophomore in high school. Lately, I've been really worried about college and about what I want to be when I grow up. Since I was a kid I always wanted to become a neurosurgeon but lately I realized how much work it will take. I'm going to be in my mid to late 30s by the time I become a neurosurgeon. I just wanted to know if anyone has any other careers that would interest me. I'm really into things that deal with the medical field or the human mind. Also, should I try to take my ACT this year?

Thank you :)
I think you're career plan is fantastic the way it is. I know it maybe long, but the rewards are that much greater (In pay). You'll be making in a day what most people make in a week some times 2 weeks, if its bi week pay.

Pharmacy might be good, Children's doctor as well. In short, if you can manage, stay with it.

shuha27

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you're career plan is fantastic the way it is. I know it maybe long, but the rewards are that much greater (In pay). You'll be making in a day what most people make in a week some times 2 weeks, if its bi week pay.

Pharmacy might be good, Children's doctor as well. In short, if you can manage, stay with it.
Thank you Charlie. I've been thinking about it and now my goal is to become neurosurgeon. It might be a difficult task but I will get rewarded for it later on. ^_^

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good luck to you.:D

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
4 years of college, 4 years of med, 5-7 years of surgical residency. A lot of school left, not to mention the fact that you have to be continually studying. But I guess if its something you want then go for it. Yeah, it can be very rewarding (currently studying medicine). Hope you got steady hands.

Last edited:

Ochiru

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
First year at high school right now and right now Im planning to do this as well as possible so I can get into law scientific college out here in Finland.There are few reasons why I want to be lawyer well for one is that I hate crime,criminals etc that's why I'm going to become district attorney besides I like to argue if its rather smart type of arguing so what could be better.And well the money aint bad and such.I would have wanted to become a police but I dont see what the hell do they do in Finland aside from putting car drunks in jail

Thoruhime

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what studyor best possibility to become a Manga Editorin a publisher?