Discussion - Gaming: PC, PS4, XBOX or other? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gaming: PC, PS4, XBOX or other?

Taorero

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We all know that these days everybody plays games on any device, several people play games on the phone and that's about it. The usual gamer goes with a console, but then there is also the underrated gamer, those that play in PCs, there was a time when consoles seemed to be more powerful that the PC but, currently I dare to say that no console stand a chance against a monstrous PC Rig.

Now, that being said, I do want to hear from you guys, your opinions and preferences regarding this interesting topic.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am constantly using my PC so I play a lot of games on it.

A gaming PC can surpass consoles but at a certain point(in my case at least) you end up being obsessed with the upgrades(much more frequent than with consoles) and it's... unhealthy:shootme.

Personally, I have a gaming laptop and a PS4 as home console(better than a computer to play in groups IMO). I had a 3DS as hand-held console but my sister broke it...

John Flume

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm definitely a PC guy. I just find that consoles aren't that versatile; you can't upgrade them etc.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am constantly using my PC so I play a lot of games on it.

A gaming PC can surpass consoles but at a certain point(in my case at least) you end up being obsessed with the upgrades(much more frequent than with consoles) and it's... unhealthy:shootme.

Personally, I have a gaming laptop and a PS4 as home console(better than a computer to play in groups IMO). I had a 3DS as hand-held console but my sister broke it...
Same, without the DS

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think consoles are certainly the best bet in terms of value for money, you can't even really get a gaming PC for PS4 pro money, for example, and you're probably talking 2x as much by the time you equalise the specs/ performance. So PC is probably best if you are really into it and are willing to throw piles of money at getting a pc (and keeping it updated with new video cards etc) whereas if you just want to play and don't care about maxing out settings and frame rates, consoles can save you a ton of money and will be virtually guaranteed to play most games for years to come, even if they do lose some of the bells and whistles.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I generally use my PS4 for Single Player games and console exclusives, I mean I couldn't just abandon it after being with Sony since the original Playstation. But for most MP games or Indie games I use PC, as I do a lot of work on there as well.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
PC and PS4 for me.

As an Indonesian, I grew up with PC and PS. XBox was rather a "newcomer" console and it is not as popular as PS. Also I am not used to those buttons of XBox - A, B, X, Y etc :notlikethis PS' buttons are the best haha