Genei Ryodan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Genei Ryodan

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Although our beloved gang of thieves may not have an important role in the story right now, they surely shouldn’t be forgotten. They are (at least to me) one of the more intriguing set of characters in the HxH universe and thus - deserve their own thread. So whether you want to discuss if Feiten should really be the leader of the Ryodan, who’s your favorite member, or just how underdeveloped the Ryodan are… this is the place to do it.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
They'll be back after Kuroro regains his Nen powers. At the end of G.I., the Ryodan found the Nen nullifier they were looking for. It's a matter of time till they find Kuroro. And I bet he might steal the nullifier's skill too, just in case.

I wonder if he'll forgive Kurapica, btw. Nobunaga might not, but Kuroro knows that Kurapica could have done far worse, and had plenty of reasons to go after him doing what he did. And he's a rational character with plenty of self control. It could go either way.

Pi3

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
And I bet he might steal the nullifier's skill too, just in case.
Wouldn't that be pointless? If he get chained himself again, how would he erase it? That skill would be banned also..
I would rather make that nen eraser guy join Ryodan. :)

Also, I have a little issue with Hisoka vs Kuroro.
Hisoka has to fight Gon and Killua, and Kuroro is meant for Kurapica. So how can those two fight to death?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
They'll be back after Kuroro regains his Nen powers. At the end of G.I., the Ryodan found the Nen nullifier they were looking for. It's a matter of time till they find Kuroro. And I bet he might steal the nullifier's skill too, just in case.

I wonder if he'll forgive Kurapica, btw. Nobunaga might not, but Kuroro knows that Kurapica could have done far worse, and had plenty of reasons to go after him doing what he did. And he's a rational character with plenty of self control. It could go either way.
Wonder if that guy will be able to remove the chain though, somehow I get the impression he won't be able to. He and his power just seemed a tad weak IMO. Take a look at this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/147/06/
Genzuru was probably a hunter of about the level of knuckle, basically mid tier in the grand scheme of things. Still, he is on normal conditions able to create a nen which this remover already called extremely powerful. Now, kurapika's nen has two characteristics which would lead me to believe it was considerably more powerful than the one genzuru used. The first one is that the nen chain is used with the condition being kurapika dies if miss used. The other one is that the nen can only be exclusively used on the ryodan. As topping for that, kurapika does have an intense hatred for the ryodan which makes the technique all the more powerful. Basically, kurapika has everything to make this an ultimate technique which not even nen users of extremely high level could match IMO.
Now there is this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/147/07/
The condition to remove the nen must ultimately be fullfiled for the creature to disappear. I don't know how it would react to the chain given that there is no condition to fulfill though. Who knows how the creature might react once kuroro does indeed uses nen. On top of that kuroro would get a fairly large companion than what this guy did considering how powerful kurapica's nen actually is in this case. I just get the feeling this guy simply might not cut it.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I am not very sure about Genthru level. I have the impression that he is much more destructive than the "student" Knuckle. Still, Kurapika Nem is much worse than that, Kuroro will be left with an dinosaur behind him.

But it's good you remember the exorcism conditions. Abengane ability absorbs both malicious ability and the own user ability, and them his ability alone will not allow Kuroro to use Nem.

At the of the Greed Island saga, Abengane fullfiled the condition to erase Genthru's timebomb. Meaning that the Genei Ryodan need Kurapika to remove the chain, or at least kill Kurapika (Kuroro probably will be safe if he is with Abengane exorcism).

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Perhaps Kuroro could materialize the Nen sucking creature in anticipation for the opponent's move, so even without using Nen, the thing would erase the nullifying effects and enable him to use it again.

Kurapica's chain is very powerful, but the creature's limit is based on the fulfillment of the requirements. If the chain requires the user to not use Nen, by taking the chain within it, Kuroro would use Nen again and let the creature die instead of him.

At least that's how I see it happening. I could be mistaken, tho.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
you forgot one thing, "countdown" was the nen of three people, genzuru and his companions, so i understand thisbut even then... kurapika is a monster

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not very sure about Genthru level. I have the impression that he is much more destructive than the "student" Knuckle. Still, Kurapika Nem is much worse than that, Kuroro will be left with an dinosaur behind him.

But it's good you remember the exorcism conditions. Abengane ability absorbs both malicious ability and the own user ability, and them his ability alone will not allow Kuroro to use Nem.

At the of the Greed Island saga, Abengane fullfiled the condition to erase Genthru's timebomb. Meaning that the Genei Ryodan need Kurapika to remove the chain, or at least kill Kurapika (Kuroro probably will be safe if he is with Abengane exorcism).
Well, knukcle handled gon after his second training with bisk remarkably easily, just about as easily as genzuru did when he fought gon so I really don't know... The student thing is very subjective and depends on exactly what context it is to be taken. Gon, killua and kurapica are considered professional hunters and impressed those around them in the york shin arc and they still had grossly underdeveloped nen. Tsezugera -or whatever he was called- was a 1 star hunter and he was obviously much weaker than genzuru and seemed more on the level with gon and killua. These whole thing really depends on who is your teacher, what nen level you wish to acquire and the mission you are in.

Perhaps Kuroro could materialize the Nen sucking creature in anticipation for the opponent's move, so even without using Nen, the thing would erase the nullifying effects and enable him to use it again.

Kurapica's chain is very powerful, but the creature's limit is based on the fulfillment of the requirements. If the chain requires the user to not use Nen, by taking the chain within it, Kuroro would use Nen again and let the creature die instead of him.

At least that's how I see it happening. I could be mistaken, tho.
That is possible to, I did not account for that. I guess it depends on whether the chain would disappear or lose its effect after being removed. It'd be interesting if kurapica accounted for his nen being removed and set it to follow the target even if removed. Problem would be that the nen would have no source of energy after being removed -it is within my understanding that nen needs an energy source- thus it would last only moments.

I still have my doubts about the guy though. There is no use for him if he is killed by the huge power that would be produced by checking how powerful kurapika's nen is.

Last edited: