General Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

General Discussion Thread

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It's nice of you to put Kenshin with the likes of Kaneki... :blush
but sadly I think he has as much chance as kuwabara.. It's probably gonna be a battle of the popular active mangas which is FT and TG in my opinion.
Kenshin would probably have a better chance ten years ago, I remember he was quite popular among female fans back then. As for Kuwabara, I always had a soft spot for him because he was always ignored. I always preferred him and Yusuke over Kurama and Hiei.

Kaneki? "Bishonen"? :twitch
You've made yourself a dangerous enemy
Sorry about that:XD I only read the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul (I'm waiting for the Viz release to conclude to read it in one sitting), but I thought he would be the kind of character that female readers would consider hot or cute, again, I'm not that informed about him or how the TG fans see him:)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Kenshion would probably have a better chance ten years ago, I remember he was quite popular among female fans back then. As for Kuwabara, I always had a soft spot for him because he was always ignored. I always preferred him and Yusuke over Kurama and Hiei.

Sorry about that:XD I only read the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul (I'm waiting for the Viz release to conclude to read it in one sitting), but I thought he would be the kind of character that female readers would consider hot or cute, again, I'm not that informed about him or how the TG fans see him:)
He's mostly seen as badass and really Edgy tbh :nod
But on top of that he can be really sweet
I've never read or watched YYH so I can't make a judgement on your nomination

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Kenshin would probably have a better chance ten years ago, I remember he was quite popular among female fans back then. As for Kuwabara, I always had a soft spot for him because he was always ignored. I always preferred him and Yusuke over Kurama and Hiei.
Yusuke x Keiko is one of the few pairings that I like.. and oddly enough I also like Kuwabara with Yukina. maybe it's because I find Yukina adorable. :blush
I wanted to nominate Heero Yuy but I don't think anyone knows him here :biblethump

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yusuke x Keiko is one of the few pairings that I like.. and oddly enough I also like Kuwabara with Yukina. maybe it's because I find Yukina adorable. :blush
I wanted to nominate Heero Yuy but I don't think anyone knows him here :biblethump
I do :question

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
congrats for having an awesome taste and childhood :yourock :XD
He still has no chance though i'm afraid. Kaneki's a Juggernaut, and so far only Laxus has been nominated from FT, who's a punk :P

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
He still has no chance though i'm afraid. Kaneki's a Juggernaut, and so far only Laxus has been nominated from FT, who's a punk :P
totally! I mean I like his character on FT but that guy's no husbando material. that's the guy girls date in high school to be popular and then end up on MTV(if you know what I mean :cheez)!

also there's 3 from FT.. Hibiki and Gray has been nominated as well

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh yeah. Hibiki two times tho :derp

SheepyTurtle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not so delusional as to think Kuwabara can stand a chance against the likes of Keneki or Kenshin or even make it past the first round. I thought it would be nice to add someone like him, who's not considered a bishounen, for the sake of variety. His true charm lies in his courage and ability to make the audience laugh and root for him. Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised and it turns out he has more fans on this forum than I thought (or some people would just vote for him for the lols):^_^

((Not gonna lie, if Joseph gets put out, I love me some Kazuma - another heart of gold))

And pssht, Joseph is not boring. Facing down vampires and Pillar Men, not to mention the ULTIMATE LIFE FORM, Kars.

Joseph at least should make it past round one. JOSEPHUUUUUU AISHITERUUUUUU

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
((Not gonna lie, if Joseph gets put out, I love me some Kazuma - another heart of gold))

And pssht, Joseph is not boring. Facing down vampires and Pillar Men, not to mention the ULTIMATE LIFE FORM, Kars.

Joseph at least should make it past round one. JOSEPHUUUUUU AISHITERUUUUUU
I was only joking I hope you realise :xp
I've got nothing against Joseph and I hope he does well, but it's only day two of the nominations and Kazuma is someone I didn't think of. He's pretty good Husbando material

SheepyTurtle

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was only joking I hope you realise :xp
I've got nothing against Joseph and I hope he does well, but it's only day two of the nominations and Kazuma is someone I didn't think of. He's pretty good Husbando material
Of course! I know it's all healthy fun!! :D

Indeed. Kazuma is actually a super good one. He's one of my favorites in YYH, and honestly has some of the better character development and story lines. I used to be so intolerant of him, but the more I went back and enjoyed the series, the more he grew on me. He's a total fave for sure!

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Are you guys talking about the same Kazuma? cause it seems WithYouInSpirit is talking about a different Kazuma :XD

SheepyTurtle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you guys talking about the same Kazuma? cause it seems WithYouInSpirit is talking about a different Kazuma :XD

BEST BE KAZUMA KUWABARA.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sorry, I thought you meant "Kazuma" from Noragami :P
Step aside, Ladies and Gents, for the one TRUE Husbando, Tamaki Suoh has arrived!

Rich Ahem. Kind, perceptive, playful, talented... he is everything a lonely soul could wish for~

True, he is sometimes ditzy and clueless, but that too holds it's own special charm. A sort of innocence, if you will.

This man here is the TRUE family man!

VOTE FOR THE ONE AND ONLY KING!!
Sorry, but who's this dweeb you've nominated again? :teehee

SheepyTurtle

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, I thought you meant "Kazuma" from Noragami :P

Sorry, but who's this dweeb you've nominated again? :teehee

.....what's a noragami.

oh god is my age showing....

@kira

quick question: Kuwabara or Kurama?
Kuwabara. Hands down. Middle school me would've said Kurama though.

No lie ...I still have a 3.5" floppy with Kurama pictures on it. *groans*

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
.....what's a noragami.

oh god is my age showing....

I only know kuwabara as well! :XD

Kuwabara. Hands down. Middle school me would've said Kurama though.

No lie ...I still have a 3.5" floppy with Kurama pictures on it. *groans*
nice! :worship
I like the four of them but if I have to choose who I like more between Kuwabara and Kurama, I'd pick Kurama. I think he actually turned out to be a pretty nice guy. He did everything to save his foster parent. and I think he's more of a 1-woman kind of guy than kuwabara. :vbunny

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
No, NO , this was supposed to be extremly salty, bad, very bad, guys.

:kappa

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
This is us being salty! trust me! you don't want to get on our good side! :XD

also Gin-chan is no husbando material! picking his nose like that! :eek: pfft! :hmph