General Fanfics and Stories Discussion/Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

General Fanfics and Stories Discussion/Hangout Thread

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Hello, guys!

Just like in the other subforums, now we have a space to chat about fanfics and stories, sharing thoughts and questions about yours or other people's works.

I hope you guys will have fun and the chance to interact with other writers, so let's hang out and relax a bit!

Ps.: The fanfics and stories subject isn't mandatory here. Let's use this space to get to know our fellow writers better!

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
So, question

I can just post chapter 1 of something in this section right?

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Does someone have a suggestion of fanfictions?
I am thinking about beginning read some:)

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Ive been looking for good hxh fanfictions for so long i decided to try start writing one myself :emocat

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Ive been looking for good hxh fanfictions for so long i decided to try start writing one myself :emocat
Did you try to google it? ;)

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
I mean, I came by that list. The problem is the surprising amount of... Lets just stick with 'ships' between various characters, or between the writer/OC and a canon character. Few stories I managed to find were in the spirit of HxH so to say

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been reading some books that provide good advice on writing so I thought you guys may be interested. They are:

Write Great Fiction: Characters, Emotions, & Viewpoints by Nancy Kress
You Can Write a Novel by James V. Smith, Jr.

The first one is from a series though I haven't read the others yet.

Hope it helps! :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I've read just an article recommending good books for writers. Seems like a good list ^^

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've been reading some books that provide good advice on writing so I thought you guys may be interested. They are:

Write Great Fiction: Characters, Emotions, & Viewpoints by Nancy Kress
You Can Write a Novel by James V. Smith, Jr.

The first one is from a series though I haven't read the others yet.

Hope it helps! :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I've read just an article recommending good books for writers. Seems like a good list ^^
Thanks for sharing Riki! :amuse

SilverLugia345

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess I'm stuck at a cross roads of sorts. I'm continuing my studies as a Creative Writer, as I attend school I was hoping I would be able to write stories for Mangas. So I have so many ideas written down and just don't know how to share them I guess. I can't really say I have 0 confidence but I've never worked with others on projects like mangas so I guess I'm not sure how to go about it maybe?

So as a writer I'm asking if anyone has any advice or pointers for me? (I am also trying to network with artists and other writers who also work on Mangas or would like to). I find networking to be great to meet others who share the same interests.

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I guess I'm stuck at a cross roads of sorts. I'm continuing my studies as a Creative Writer, as I attend school I was hoping I would be able to write stories for Mangas. So I have so many ideas written down and just don't know how to share them I guess. I can't really say I have 0 confidence but I've never worked with others on projects like mangas so I guess I'm not sure how to go about it maybe?

So as a writer I'm asking if anyone has any advice or pointers for me? (I am also trying to network with artists and other writers who also work on Mangas or would like to). I find networking to be great to meet others who share the same interests.

Well writing stories for just manga is really hard if you are not also a writer as well imo. It's also very hard for people like me and you here in America to accomplish such a feat. I also still want to work on manga's etc (I was apart of a group that's doing them still atm, but the boss was a dick to some of us and we split. I did writing/art) But I came to learn you can still go for a "manga" without art if you like, because it's still a story etc (I work in a light novel style when I write, and its fun) I would say just work on your ideas and write them out as a chapter by chapter basis. I'm not saying give up on wanting to be a manga writer/creator, but unless you become an artist yourself or pay a lot of money, you will never get something like a manga done. Just how it is these days though (As far as I have researched, but there are some artists who will come in and do it for free.)

But if you like, I am down to clown and work on a new group and have you be in it. I don't mind trying to get back on the manga route, its fun as fuuuuck. Plus I have a lot of stories and I can help you with yours as well if you like. Reply to me here or PM me if ya like. I also think almost working of short fics and such is also fun and gets fans. We can create "anthologies" of stories both original and fan fic (Trust me, theres a market for this online)

And working on projects with others is easy as long as everyone has the time to get them done and has space. A no pressure atmosphere is great and healthy in co-op groups like that.
(PPS, I have a fanfic oneshot on here plus a link to my RRL btw if ya wanna check out how I do things.)

SilverLugia345

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well writing stories for just manga is really hard if you are not also a writer as well imo. It's also very hard for people like me and you here in America to accomplish such a feat. I also still want to work on manga's etc (I was apart of a group that's doing them still atm, but the boss was a dick to some of us and we split. I did writing/art) But I came to learn you can still go for a "manga" without art if you like, because it's still a story etc (I work in a light novel style when I write, and its fun) I would say just work on your ideas and write them out as a chapter by chapter basis. I'm not saying give up on wanting to be a manga writer/creator, but unless you become an artist yourself or pay a lot of money, you will never get something like a manga done. Just how it is these days though (As far as I have researched, but there are some artists who will come in and do it for free.)

But if you like, I am down to clown and work on a new group and have you be in it. I don't mind trying to get back on the manga route, its fun as fuuuuck. Plus I have a lot of stories and I can help you with yours as well if you like. Reply to me here or PM me if ya like. I also think almost working of short fics and such is also fun and gets fans. We can create "anthologies" of stories both original and fan fic (Trust me, theres a market for this online)

And working on projects with others is easy as long as everyone has the time to get them done and has space. A no pressure atmosphere is great and healthy in co-op groups like that.
(PPS, I have a fanfic oneshot on here plus a link to my RRL btw if ya wanna check out how I do things.)
Thanks for your reply ^^

I did send you a PM as well.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well...I just thought this thread needed a bit of love. I used to rp a long time ago...and I have to admit that I enjoyed rping and writing a lot! Then because of RL and other things, I stopped writing/rping.

I got wisdom-teeth removal surgery done and because of that, I had to stay home and rest. That and receiving a surprise PM from a dear friend I used to rp with just woke up the writer in me. I had forgotten how much fun it is to write/rp and now that I am writing again...wow...I feel just very happy and very creative. ^^

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if anyone here is participating in nanowrimo this year!
:vbunny
Its a writing challenge, to complete a story with 50k words in a month. Its in November every year. I usually take it more as an attempt to write everyday for a month. Reaching that 50k is hard, even if I didnt have to go to work for a month haha.
Fanfiction, original fiction. It can be anything. Writing is writing afterall :-)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I did take part in 2016. I capped 80k but I can't be bothered doing that again.