Mobile - General Mobile Phone Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mobile General Mobile Phone Thread

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited by a moderator:

Cotaku

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The cell phone thread and why

I have my sister's old LG enV. And it's orange, bright orange. It's actually pretty amazing. I've never lost a call and out here everybody loses calls.

She's told me on several occasions that she wants another enV because it has much better reception than her Blackberry.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Bought an Ericsson Xperia x10 for some weird reason. Bought it on an impulse when I was bored :cookiehand

Remind me never to have money again. :|

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

How is Xperia x10?

Oh, and I have Droid X now. :hurr

It's... big. I think my right hand has actually adapted to it since I'm able to spread my thumb to far left now easily whereas it was somewhat a challenge to do so when i first got it. O_o

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I has an iPhone 4 \o/ Good riddance to my old Sony Ericsson I lived with for 2 years which had like 5 defective buttons so I couldn't even type properly or call international numbers (the + didn't work) <.<

I like my phone and I definitely like having a data plan so I can access the internet from practically anywhere. Typing is still a little strange on it, though, and auto correct can be mega epic fail... Other than that, good phone, love the apps :nod

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

My mates were all "ooooh x10 mini is way better u suck ololol" but actually I found x10 to be a superb phone in many ways. Sure the battery could last longer but I blame myself for always having the radio on amongst various other apps zat drains les battery

But overall I'd give it a seven or an eight out of ten. I mean, with my sub. it's €30 a month, including phone cost, free calls, free internet usage and free texts, so it's very hard for me to exceed the €30 bill. Which isn't too much and It's certainly worth it considering my previous c702 had a sub. of €25 and that phone _sucked_

Reactions: M3J

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I envy the lot of you because all of you have cool-looking cellphones. I am really not that fond of cellphones so mine is a lot simple as compared to yours.

The only uses for my cellphone are texting, calling, and surfing the internet. Nothing more. ;)

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Samsung Reality with Verizon. I really want an iPhone though, haha. ^^;

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

What's a good phone that's $200+?
I'm thinking of changing but not an expensive one pls.

mak123

Reaction score
Country
Italy

I bought it the day after its price decreased ^_^

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

Nokia is my choise for the last 7 years. I'm just changing types (for now it's 5800 XpressMusic), but in the future I may choose something else.:) It will clearly depend on the money and the options that will provide those cell phones.:)

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy

I had Nokia N91,but I have the Iphone 4 since September. I remind you cell phone's dangerousness,the mobile phones send radiations,don't use them too,and be careful ;).

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I have been using HTC Desire for few months now. Its gotta be one of the best cell phone I ever had and believe me I had lots of them. The touch is marvelous and responsive. 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor makes it lightning quick. The Android market place must be the biggest depository of free Apps and Games. Everything on this phone is A-Ok but it seems to be a little rough with battery usage. Turning off GPS, Google Services and proper changing though makes it last longer but with so many features and toys to play with, it should have a better battery.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Got an Iphone. Had a long contract with a provider and could switch for a pretty low price, with many free minutes/sms each month.
The app features and good ergonomic handling make it really good for me and I really like all the gimmicks (such as: finding a song title by letting the phone listen to it) and more important features with perfect handling (maps, GPS, compass).
also the display and latest camera are quite nice afaik and I really like taking good photos.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

HTC Incredible on Verizon. I freaking love it~ The only thing I want more is a physical keyboard, like on the EVO Shift. It's very quick, with a great UI and it's very responsive. It makes me happy :3 The only drawback is that Verizon charges an arm and a leg for the data plan :/

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Just so you know how big it is/can be.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I have a Droid X too.

Just got it a month ago and love it. Very fast, websites load almost as fast as at home. Though I wish a certain manga forum was more phone friendly :oh

And yeah, I feel like Verizon mugged me. $30 a month for data.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Great to see more Android uses. Its a great platform. I love Droid, too bad it isn't available here. The only issue I have with HTC, not sure about Incredible, they are bit harsh on battery.

@LadyHatake : Have you tried Swype? Its a great App, a good way to type Text quickly.

@Kait: Try to search "Manga" in the Android Market. If I remember correctly, there was an app for manga chapters.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Using Android and there's a simple app called "MangaBrowser" that works flawlessly. ^^, Recommend it!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Great to see more Android uses. Its a great platform. I love Droid, too bad it isn't available here. The only issue I have with HTC, not sure about Incredible, they are bit harsh on battery.

@LadyHatake : Have you tried Swype? Its a great App, a good way to type Text quickly.

@Kait: Try to search "Manga" in the Android Market. If I remember correctly, there was an app for manga chapters.
He has MangaWatcher. There's at least three apps for manga, and I have all three of 'em.

Swype can be annoying at times. <_< Most of the time. <_<

So, let's all Android OS users add each other via an app that lets us text each other for free! \o/ Kik or Whatsapp!

Using Android and there's a simple app called "MangaBrowser" that works flawlessly. ^^, Recommend it!
MangaWatcher is better IMO. Most of the time anyway. You can download manga chapters, and in the library, it can take out read manga or unread manga and etc.
It used to forceclose a lot when you exited out or stayed off MW after opening it and reopened it, but... not sure about now. <_< After they fixed it, it basically... did the same, but no popups saying it force closed or whatnot. Kinda lose your place, but still.

I have a Droid X too.

Just got it a month ago and love it. Very fast, websites load almost as fast as at home. Though I wish a certain manga forum was more phone friendly :oh

And yeah, I feel like Verizon mugged me. $30 a month for data.
My Droid X is sexier than your Droid X. :3c

It's phone friendly enough for me though.

Well, the data plan includes Android Market and apps, as well as browsers. Before you know it, you could use up a lot of data due to apps that may need 'em. Who knows?