Theory - Generational Connections | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Generational Connections

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
So one of the things I notice is the author likes to make generational comparisons, so I made a basic chart to diagram clear, speculative, and crack theory connections.

Link

Now let's start with the obvious connections:

• Soma is Jouichirou's son

• Erina is Azami's Daughter

• Alice is Leonora and Natsu's Daughter

• Jun took in Hayama like a son

• Eizan employed Subaru
Moving on from that we get into the meat of the chart: Speculative Connections!

• Gin/Soma: Ok, so we know Soma wants to be a chef better than Jouichirou and Gin certainly qualifies by rank. Digging deeper, we just saw Soma and Gin mimicking each other body language. Another trait Soma and Gin share is perspective. Both of them can recognize when something is wrong with a person and confront them about it.

• Jou/Erina: We know Erina admires Jou and wants to be a chef like him. Well, we know Jou was the second seat and never graduated from Tootsuki, and I can see Erina doing the same as well. Likewise, they're both implied to be naturally talented.

• Azami/Megumi: Oh boy, this is probably a really controversial one since nobody would image Azami once being a friendly, lovable loser like Megumi or Megumi becoming an Elitist Snob with absurd ideals. But let me say this, the world Azami promoting (friendly, we're all equals environment) suits Megumi's personality better than the old clash system. Both have huge admiration for their respective redheads, but one of them is "ruined" in his eyes. If Soma becomes "ruined" in Megumi's eyes, she might flip.

• Jun/Hayama: Simple. He will become Soma's guinea pig for his weird dishes and become scarred for life.

• Soma/Shinomiya: Should be blue, really.

• Erina/Mizuhara: Both are tsunderes for their redheads, but also admire them deep down. Purposefully deny their cooking is good.

• Megumi/Hinako: This is a connection lampshaded by Inui. The only thing missing is Megumi trolling Soma hard and swiping Erina pinup photos from Newspaper boy. Oh yeah, future Megumi Abuse.

• Takumi/Donato: Blonde Hair/Blue Eyed Italian based chefs from foreign lands. They're quite the charmers.

• Hitoshi/Satoshi: Senpai to the Shinomiya/Mizuhara/Hinako/Donato and is very mysterious character. Also, both switch between comical to dead serious in a heartbeat.

• Natsu/Kurokiba: This only a resemblance connection, as Alice's Dad looks like Kurokiba.

• Taki/Rindo: Stubborn/fiery characters. Both tell their respective meek friends to get a backbone. Taki would've been a 3rd year when Rindo was a first year and would've met during the Autumn Leaf Viewing.

• Sonoka/Eishi: Get bullied by their respective counterparts, but are powerful chefs. Sonoka was a 2nd year when Eishi was a first year, which means they would've been in the Elite Ten together.
Finally, the crack theories:

• Rindo/Kuga: From what we've seen, they're somewhat like siblings. Crack Theory: They are step-brother and Sister.

• Hisako/Nene: Previously, we saw Hisako taking notes on Nene during the SH. Both are Type A people and go by the rules. Crack Theory: Hisako becomes Nene's right hand woman after the Promotion Exams.

New Crack Theory: Megumi is Erina's younger sister, who Azami abandoned after she displayed no immediate talent like God's Tongue

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see a Erina/Mizuhara and Takumi/Donato connection TBH. I see Takumi/Mizuhara however. Both are specialized in Italian Cuisine and are/were rivals of Souma/Shinomiya, they are very adamant about it too. I remember there was something vague about Megumi/Hinako but it's been unexploited so far, the only thing I have in memory is a line of Hinako.

Also Hayama/Gin. He is Souma's biggest rival so far, has even been called his archenemy in the recent chapter, and Gin is always here during Hayama's most important battles, even in the current one. He also advised him at the end of the Autumn Election.

Do you have a picture of Alice's father or it's a guess?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I don't see a Erina/Mizuhara and Takumi/Donato connection TBH. I see Takumi/Mizuhara however. Both are specialized in Italian Cuisine and are/were rivals of Souma/Shinomiya, they are very adamant about it too. I remember there was something vague about Megumi/Hinako but it's been unexploited so far, the only thing I have in memory is a line of Hinako.

Also Hayama/Gin. He is Souma's biggest rival so far, has even been called his archenemy in the recent chapter, and Gin is always here during Hayama's most important battles, even in the current one. He also advised him at the end of the Autumn Election.

Do you have a picture of Alice's father or it's a guess?
We have an idea of what he looks like a bit, but not fully.

I am bit shocked you don't see the Connections above after what I said.

But let's address the first and second seat dynamic. Takumi is not going to be Soma's second seat, but Erina will be. We do know Erina has made an Italian dish in the Shokugeki against the Chun RS.

And I almost certain Soma and Erina will clash constantly like their generational predecessors.

A lot more of the dynamics for above can be seen in the spinoff.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States

But let's address the first and second seat dynamic. Takumi is not going to be Soma's second seat, but Erina will be. We do know Erina has made an Italian dish in the Shokugeki against the Chun RS.

And I almost certain Soma and Erina will clash constantly like their generational predecessors.

soma and erina will be the rivals that fight for the first seat definitely. Its their destiny because erina wants to be as good as jou and so,ma wants to surpass him. and we know by the third year soma will surpass all his classmates and be number 1. But even tho they wil clash it'll be difficult for soma to surpass ryou alice and hayama. and megumi will eventually catch up too.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
soma and erina will be the rivals that fight for the first seat definitely. Its their destiny because erina wants to be as good as jou and so,ma wants to surpass him. and we know by the third year soma will surpass all his classmates and be number 1. But even tho they wil clash it'll be difficult for soma to surpass ryou alice and hayama. and megumi will eventually catch up too.
Meta Dictates Soma will be first seat and Erina second :P. Bolded confuses me, honestly.

http://i.imgur.com/WnBd0i6.png

@Demonspeed Here's the descriptions of Mizuhara and Donato in the above.

Mizuhara creates dishes with a firm basis in theory. She's unsociable and taciturn. That describes Erina a lot more than Takumi.

Donato is a gentlemen and appears at the most unexpected moments. That's definitely Takumi in a nutshell.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

I see a connection between Takumi and Mizuhara but it doesn't mean I think Takumi will be in the top two, I am just talking about the similarities between them.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meta Dictates Soma will be first seat and Erina second :P. Bolded confuses me, honestly.
you dont get what im saying? ryo soma and alice are always near the same level. I dont think thats going to change. Because its the generation of prodigies it wont be easy for a person to become number 1. I wouldnt be surprised if the chefs seats change like musical chairs. for example.

Soma( starts off as 10th seat beats ryou, gets 7th seat, megumi beats him, becomes 8th seat etc) you see what im saying? it'll be a struggle for the top. And even the top seat may not stay the same for long.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I see a connection between Takumi and Mizuhara but it doesn't mean I think Takumi will be in the top two, I am just talking about the similarities between them.
I disagree, then. I don't feel Mizuhara and Takumi are even close in personalities. Sure, they're both Italian chefs, but so is Donato...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
you dont get what im saying? ryo soma and alice are always near the same level. I dont think thats going to change. Because its the generation of prodigies it wont be easy for a person to become number 1. I wouldnt be surprised if the chefs seats change like musical chairs. for example.

Soma( starts off as 10th seat beats ryou, gets 7th seat, megumi beats him, becomes 8th seat etc) you see what im saying? it'll be a struggle for the top. And even the top seat may not stay the same for long.
OH! Ok, I can agree that the fight for the first seat will be like Musical Chairs, but in the end Soma will surpass them all.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
OH! Ok, I can agree that the fight for the first seat will be like Musical Chairs, but in the end Soma will surpass them all.
Nope. He & Erina will be neck & neck w/ each other. There's no way either one will be satisfied w/ staying & remaining at the top, even after graduating from Tootsuki. So one can be better than the other on one particularly day, but will be surpassed on another occasion.

If we were talking about the Erina before, then yes, stagnation will set in, but Souma's mentality is starting to rub off on her, & we could very well be seeing them having numerous cooking battles in the future, just like Souma had w/ his father.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Nope. He & Erina will be neck & neck w/ each other. There's no way either one will be satisfied w/ staying & remaining at the top, even after graduating from Tootsuki. So one can be better than the other on one particularly day, but will be surpassed on another occasion.

If we were talking about the Erina before, then yes, stagnation will set in, but Souma's mentality is starting to rub off on her, & we could very well be seeing them having numerous cooking battles in the future, just like Souma had w/ his father.
Eventually, one of them HAS to graduate as the first seat and I am saying it will be Soma.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States

hmm when you put it that way...... thats more accurate. based off the one shot chapter they will conquer the world with there cooking. Even married they'll try to fight against eachother. so yeah 100's of battles. For example They get into a disagreement about having sex one day
(LOL!) If i beat you in a shokugeki we make love today even tho your tired!" Erina: Fine if you lose your going to be doing more cooking this week! " XD!

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Eventually, one of them HAS to graduate as the first seat and I am saying it will be Soma.
I think it's 50-50; we'll see.

Also, I don't really subscribe to your generational connotation theory as I feel this current crop of students are more than capable enough of forging their own identity & story, rather than "copy" the generations before. Alas, it all depends on how "lazy" Tsukuda-sensei is here. :p

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
from t he story perspective soma will be number 1 but how long he has the 1st seat for the rest of the year is a mystery. 1 month 2 months 1 week? etc

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I disagree, then. I don't feel Mizuhara and Takumi are even close in personalities. Sure, they're both Italian chefs, but so is Donato...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, the only similarity I noted regarding their personalities are their abrasiveness when it comes to their rivals. The rest is because of their specialties and their rival status. Even Souma and Shino are not that similar, despite the obvious connection, it's just that certain traits of their personalities are more relevant in the story.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hmm when you put it that way...... thats more accurate. based off the one shot chapter they will conquer the world with there cooking. Even married they'll try to fight against eachother. so yeah 100's of battles. For example They get into a disagreement about having sex one day
(LOL!) If i beat you in a shokugeki we make love today even tho your tired!" Erina: Fine if you lose your going to be doing more cooking this week! " XD!
S-Sex?! That's a bit too risque, & should be done/discussed behind close doors. xD :p

If my memory serves me right, we'd be getting an early chapter next week. :)

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
S-Sex?! That's a bit too risque, & should be done/discussed behind close doors. xD :p

If my memory serves me right, we'd be getting an early chapter next week. :)
yeah behind closed doors. just like jou and souma had there battle inside the resteraunt for various reasons:tem thats what im getting at and they pretty much decide everything with cooking

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@Demonspeed And Erina is/was a LOT more abrasive then Takumi towards Soma, as is/was Mizuhara towards Shinomiya.

@BaBYShiBa Did you contradict yourself? I remember you quite clearly saying you can see the generational parallels.

And ofc they're going to forge their own future, but that doesn't counter my observations.

As for the seat claim at graduation, the most shounen outcome will determine that as I said.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
And Erina is/was a LOT more abrasive then Takumi towards Soma, as is/was Mizuhara towards Shinomiya.
another thing about this correlation is that both had warmed up to the red heads but initially ddnt care about them. Both mizuhara and erina were types not to express there true emotions but got better over time.

Last edited:

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Did you contradict yourself? I remember you quite clearly saying you can see the generational parallels.

And ofc they're going to forge their own future, but that doesn't counter my observations.

As for the seat claim at graduation, the most shounen outcome will determine that as I said.
Well, yeah, but only to a certain extent.

What I'm trying to say is you're basing past characters' actions/pattern of behavior/mindset to dictate how similar the current crop of characters will be like, which I'm not subscribing to.

Sure, but Tsukuda-sensei can always choose to subvert such tropes, as & when he likes.

mike allan

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So one of the things I notice is the author likes to make generational comparisons, so I made a basic chart to diagram clear, speculative, and crack theory connections.

Link

Now let's start with the obvious connections:

• Soma is Jouichirou's son

• Erina is Azami's Daughter

• Alice is Leonora and Natsu's Daughter

• Jun took in Hayama like a son

• Eizan employed Subaru
Moving on from that we get into the meat of the chart: Speculative Connections!

• Gin/Soma: Ok, so we know Soma wants to be a chef better than Jouichirou and Gin certainly qualifies by rank. Digging deeper, we just saw Soma and Gin mimicking each other body language. Another trait Soma and Gin share is perspective. Both of them can recognize when something is wrong with a person and confront them about it.

• Jou/Erina: We know Erina admires Jou and wants to be a chef like him. Well, we know Jou was the second seat and never graduated from Tootsuki, and I can see Erina doing the same as well. Likewise, they're both implied to be naturally talented.

• Azami/Megumi: Oh boy, this is probably a really controversial one since nobody would image Azami once being a friendly, lovable loser like Megumi or Megumi becoming an Elitist Snob with absurd ideals. But let me say this, the world Azami promoting (friendly, we're all equals environment) suits Megumi's personality better than the old clash system. Both have huge admiration for their respective redheads, but one of them is "ruined" in his eyes. If Soma becomes "ruined" in Megumi's eyes, she might flip.

• Jun/Hayama: Simple. He will become Soma's guinea pig for his weird dishes and become scarred for life.

• Soma/Shinomiya: Should be blue, really.

• Erina/Mizuhara: Both are tsunderes for their redheads, but also admire them deep down. Purposefully deny their cooking is good.

• Megumi/Hinako: This is a connection lampshaded by Inui. The only thing missing is Megumi trolling Soma hard and swiping Erina pinup photos from Newspaper boy. Oh yeah, future Megumi Abuse.

• Takumi/Donato: Blonde Hair/Blue Eyed Italian based chefs from foreign lands. They're quite the charmers.

• Hitoshi/Satoshi: Senpai to the Shinomiya/Mizuhara/Hinako/Donato and is very mysterious character. Also, both switch between comical to dead serious in a heartbeat.

• Natsu/Kurokiba: This only a resemblance connection, as Alice's Dad looks like Kurokiba.

• Taki/Rindo: Stubborn/fiery characters. Both tell their respective meek friends to get a backbone. Taki would've been a 3rd year when Rindo was a first year and would've met during the Autumn Leaf Viewing.

• Sonoka/Eishi: Get bullied by their respective counterparts, but are powerful chefs. Sonoka was a 2nd year when Eishi was a first year, which means they would've been in the Elite Ten together.
Finally, the crack theories:

• Rindo/Kuga: From what we've seen, they're somewhat like siblings. Crack Theory: They are step-brother and Sister.

• Hisako/Nene: Previously, we saw Hisako taking notes on Nene during the SH. Both are Type A people and go by the rules. Crack Theory: Hisako becomes Nene's right hand woman after the Promotion Exams.

New Crack Theory: Megumi is Erina's younger sister, who Azami abandoned after she displayed no immediate talent like God's Tongue
I don't think erina do same thing as jou yeah he his her idol, but erina become queen of tootsuki someday, if she travel around the world I think with soma