Round of 16 - Georg vs. Selene vs. Suzaku | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Georg vs. Selene vs. Suzaku

Who wins?

• Georg Reizen

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Selene

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: August 21th, 2022

CharactersInfo and limitations
Georg Reizen
SeleneIn human form
Suzaku

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
waiting to see differents opinions. Suzaku is, for mee, the weak link here if Selene is serious. But if Georg made a team up with Suzaku, they can possibly kill her. Then Georg should erase Suzaku.

But still wait and see before putting a vote

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If we scale Human Selene to Human Ignia (which is a safe assumption since they are all relative to each other at full power), she should stomp here, low diff at the very most if I'm being generous.

She mentioned being able to handle Dogramag by herself if she wasn't hurt, and we all see how Suzaku is doing against him.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
why is everyone talking about team up? :headscratch think of it as erza vs kagura vs minerva. there's no team up

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
why is everyone talking about team up? :headscratch think of it as erza vs kagura vs minerva. there's no team up
I thought alliances were allowed, that'd be my mistake on other threads. If it's a simple triple threat, she stomps harder.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I thought alliances were allowed, that'd be my mistake on other threads. If it's a simple triple threat, she stomps harder.
sorry i must have missed that somehow (was on vacation while watching the tourney :lmao ). char A having advantages is ok, team up is no

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
George wins

If we scale Human Selene to Human Ignia (which is a safe assumption since they are all relative to each other at full power), she should stomp here, low diff at the very most if I'm being generous.

She mentioned being able to handle Dogramag by herself if she wasn't hurt, and we all see how Suzaku is doing against him.
Maybe Selene has some capacity to damage Dogramag? It's been heavily suggested that his defense was the main challenge.

We have Selene saying Suzaku > human Selene.
We saw feats of Suzaku being able to deal considerable to human Selene. We can't simply scale Dogramag's defense to Selene. Not how it works.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
We have Selene saying Suzaku > human Selene.
We saw feats of Suzaku being able to deal considerable to human Selene. We can't simply scale Dogramag's defense to Selene. Not how it works.
Yes, but we still have Selene saying Human Selene>Dogramag, who is shown to be vastly above Suzaku in more than just defense and durability, plus, she directly scales to Ignia by direct feats in their fight (if they're relative in Dragon Form it's highly likely they're relative in their Human Forms as well). True, Suzaku has damaged her, which shows that Dogramag's durability is likely higher than hers, but it is also safe to assume that she deliberately let her guard down before the strike as she wanted to go to the guild and had to make her injury believable.

I don't remember Selene saying that Suzaku was stronger than her, we have her laughing at him, questioning on if he really thought he could beat her.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Yes, but we still have Selene saying Human Selene>Dogramag, who is shown to be vastly above Suzaku in more than just defense and durability, plus, she directly scales to Ignia by direct feats in their fight (if they're relative in Dragon Form it's highly likely they're relative in their Human Forms as well). True, he has damaged her, which shows that his durability is likely higher than hers, but it is also safe to assume that she deliberately let her guard down before the strike as she wanted to go to the guild and had to make her injury believable.
IMO Dogra's straight up stomp of Natsu and Suzaku is mainly coming from their inability to damage him. Obviously this will result in an eventual stomp.
Dogra can be above them in pure combat stats too, but it wasn't like they were quite far behind. They can react to his attacks, tank them, counter them etc.

Suzaku's attacks are very well capable of damaging her. One of his random slashes also drew blood from her.
Dogra's defense >> Selene's

I don't remember Selene saying that Suzaku was stronger than her, we have her laughing at him, questioning on if he really thought he could beat her.
.............................I have shown this to you like a thousand times by now. Just click next chapter and read a couple of pages.

This page was clearly her talking about her dragon form.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
.............................I have shown this to you like a thousand times by now. Just click next chapter and read a couple of pages
She didn't say he was stronger, she said she acknowledged his strength. And she clearly implied that humans can't beat dragons (which isn't true, but not for that time)

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
She didn't say he was stronger, she said she acknowledged his strength. And she clearly implied that humans can't beat dragons (which isn't true, but not for that time)

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
IMO Dogra's straight up stomp of Natsu and Suzaku is mainly coming from their inability to damage him. Obviously this will result in an eventual stomp.
Dogra can be above them in pure combat stats too, but it wasn't like they were quite far behind. They can react to his attacks, tank them, counter them etc.

Suzaku's attacks are very well capable of damaging her. One of his random slashes also drew blood from her.
Dogra's defense >> Selene's

.............................I have shown this to you like a thousand times by now. Just click next chapter and read a couple of pages.

This page was clearly her talking about her dragon form.
How far fetched is it that she was lying to him? She has shown herself to be a deceiver and she has directly shown and said things that show otherwise, she said that she could handle Dogramag who is >Natsu & Suzaku, which implies that she has the damage output and or raw physical strength to actually damage him, she went blow for blow with Ignia, showing that she was equal to him, which implies that they are also equals in their Human Forms which Natsu and Suzaku were both completely helpless in front of him.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm part of the group that thinks Selene was once again lying to Suzaku just for chaos stuff and that all the evidence in this arc points to human Selen >> Suzaku.

The fact that Ignia went directly dragon form vs Human Selene implies their human forms are relatives and he is >> Suzaku.

Dogra which is said to be << Selene is stomping Suzaku quite litterally in the last chapter.

She just wanted chaos and a way to get to the person that killed her son.

She says the DE are strong and she needs them but what does she do ? Use them to steal the heart of Elf which she needs to find the weapon she actually needs.
In the meantime she decides to organise a tournament between DE and FT when FT hates her, just for fun. And when things go south she shows she could actually TP to the heart and get it whenever she wanted.

So in no part her actual plan needed the DE nor did she really acknowledge them. It was just like Faris. "I can't do what you can and I need your help" Proceeds to troll her and white her out from another dimension, proving she actually never needed her.

Anyway for me Human Selene wins.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
How far fetched is it that she was lying to him? She has shown herself to be a deceiver and she has directly shown and said things that show otherwise, she said that she could handle Dogramag who is >Natsu & Suzaku, which implies that she has the damage output and or raw physical strength to actually damage him, she went blow for blow with Ignia, showing that she was equal to him, which implies that they are also equals in their Human Forms which Natsu and Suzaku were both completely helpless in front of him.
Earlier you were saying she didn't say it. Now this? Ok........

Until she says she lied or manga heavily implied it, no proof.

Meh, not like shit makes sense in this series anyway. Mashima does what he wants. How far fetched is it that Mashima hasn't planned 2 chapters into the future? Quite a lot I'd say.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So in no part her actual plan needed the DE nor did she really acknowledge them. It was just like Faris. "I can't do what you can and I need your help" Proceeds to troll her and white her out from another dimension, proving she actually never needed her.
To be fair, Selene's goalposts and character change every couple of chapters. Most retconned character in the series and she's been there only for like 230 chapters.

Back to the point, Selene actually did need her to screw over Merc though, and she was successful in that. No WW = Merc active as a full powered DG
That is, if we are to believe she wants to actually get rid of the other dragons. But then, waking up Aldo makes no sense :confused:. Cause it's not like she actually expected Natsu to win lmao. Worst character of the series.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Until she says she lied or manga heavily implied it, no proof.
It was heavily implied...... When she said she could beat Dogramag while Natsu and Suzaku are getting stomped, when Ignia showed visible concern when he saw her (at first), when Ignia opted to immediately go into Dragon Form to fight her (he was shown dragonazing before her), when she fought equally to him, etc. There are many things that imply that she was lying to Suzaku.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
It was heavily implied...... When she said she could beat Dogramag while Natsu and Suzaku are getting stomped, when Ignia showed visible concern when he saw her (at first), when Ignia opted to immediately go into Dragon Form to fight her (he was shown dragonazing before her), when she fought equally to him, etc. There are many things that imply that she was lying to Suzaku.
Nah, that is your interpretation of what happened. With WW, there is outright manga stating she lied to her. Nothing of that sort here.

None of her demeanor or intent seemed like she lied there. There is no need to, she already proved they are fodder to her dragon form.

Considered the likely scenario that none of this flew in Mashima's head, and he doesn't know wtf he is doing with this spinoff? Yeah, probably just that.

This isn't official translation.
Ok, show me the official translation then

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
None of her demeanor or intent seemed like she lied there. There is no need to, she already proved they are fodder to her dragon form.
It doesn't erase her future statements and feats, like her fighting evenly with Ignia (if they're equal in Dragon Forms, it's very likely they're equal in Human Forms), her stating that she could beat Dogramag, etc.

As @Zelefomavis said, it is very likely that Selene was just screwing with Suzaku and the rest of Diabolos.

Dimitri1220

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Selene with low diff. Suzaku got no diffed by human form Dogramag, who is both weakened and the weakest dragon god. That alone is enough to say Selene replicates Dog's feat. There's also the statement of her being able to handle Dog if she wasn't gravely inured. Georg is strong but we don't have any reason to think he's so much stronger than Suzaku that he could handle Selene or Dog.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Selene >>> Georg >> Suzaku