Shounen - Go-Toubun no Hanayome by Haruba Negi | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Go-Toubun no Hanayome by Haruba Negi

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nothing about Futarou's dream, same for Yotsuba, and Nino... This was a good chapter, I wish more chapters had been like this instead of all these drama filled chapters, seeing them all together like that made me a bit nostalgic.

And that credit page... Well, that's what I am expecting.

Reactions: Sky

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jump straight to the wedding, I see. Nice interactions between the sisters, I loved their faces as Yotsuba was talking about Fuutarou and Nino's expression while she was piercing her little sister's ears. Fuutarou's talk with Maruo was also very interesting. So the final chapter will be about Fuutarou telling all of them apart?

Haya-san

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Here's what I think will happen: Futaro picks the girl he thinks is Yotsuba, and before they exchange the rings he kisses her to confirm it's really her. Him picking the wrong girl will only ruin the wedding and turn Maruo against him. There's also the theme of one person to love your entire life, so thematically, at this point, it should be no one else but Yotsuba.

As for the bell kisser's identity and if it turned out to be someone else, I would hate to see the author throwing away everything that Fu snd Yotsuba got right now for the sake of one accidental kiss.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
To be honest the girls are lined up rather obviously.
From our PoV:
Yotsuba Nino Ichika Miku Itsuki

I hope I am correct. :XD

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Final chapter:

I was worried that the author would go with a last minute twist, like, the bell kisser is someone else and Yotsuba giving her her blessing or something, but glad it wasn’t the case. Fu telling them apart one by one and praising their strengths felt like we were saying goodbye to each one of them. Miku hugging Futaro made me go ‘aww’, and it broke my heart seeing Nino’s tears again, though I know she was happy for Yotsuba and she was going to be alright.

This was a satisfying ending, except for the sisters traveling with the newlyweds. That felt weird and unnecessary lol! But overall, it was a heartwarming chapter and I liked it.

Things were kind of slow after Yotsuba’s flashback, but I think this was a good final arc. The author tried to tie all the loose ends and give each of the girls a happy ending. I rarely multiship, and before starting this manga, I was worried if I’ll regret picking it up later in case I got attached to one of the girls. I was surprised that I found myself torn on who I want to be bride. I always felt that this manga was more the story of Futaro and the quintuplets, their growth and dreams rather than who ends up marrying Futaro. I’m going to miss it.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
And it's over. Decent final chapter. A 7/10 to me overall, but I would have rated this a lot higher before. Way too much drama and pacing issues in the latter half of the manga. I also think that Yotsuba and Itsuki's development could have been much better, Yotsuba's especially since she ended up being the bride.
Same for Futarou actually.

The wedding scenes were rather brief, I expected to see Takeda at least and more moments between the newlyweds? But there was nothing. I am not really sure I can say I will miss the series after these last chapters. But the quintuplets themselves as a whole were great and so were their interactions with Futarou in general. As characters Ichika and Miku are the ones who really stood out to me, Ichika especially :hearts .

Final chapter:

I was worried that the author would go with a last minute twist, like, the bell kisser is someone else and Yotsuba giving her her blessing or something, but glad it wasn’t the case. Fu telling them apart one by one and praising their strengths felt like we were saying goodbye to each one of them. Miku hugging Futaro made me go ‘aww’, and it broke my heart seeing Nino’s tears again, though I know she was happy for Yotsuba and she was going to be alright.

This was a satisfying ending, except for the sisters traveling with the newlyweds. That felt weird and unnecessary lol! But overall, it was a heartwarming chapter and I liked it.

Things were kind of slow after Yotsuba’s flashback, but I think this was a good final arc. The author tried to tie all the loose ends and give each of the girls a happy ending. I rarely multiship, and before starting this manga, I was worried if I’ll regret picking it up later in case I got attached to one of the girls. I was surprised that I found myself torn on who I want to be bride. I always felt that this manga was more the story of Futaro and the quintuplets, their growth and dreams rather than who ends up marrying Futaro. I’m going to miss it.
I wouldn't say that he tied the loose ends. We don't even know what are Futarou and Yotsuba's jobs. Maybe they'll be revealed in the volume. I wanted to know more about Futarou's. The ending is still decent but it really feels like Negi wanted to end it ASAP. Or maybe my expectations were just too high.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To be honest the girls are lined up rather obviously.
From our PoV:
Yotsuba Nino Ichika Miku Itsuki

I hope I am correct. :XD
:Haha

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Weird. It started raining while I read the final chapter. 😭

I stand with my 8/10. Great Manga in total. Sure we will probably never read an outstanding harem manga like Kami Nomi ever again, but this one still gave me a lot of joy.

On a side note.
Are her sisters fine with listening to Fuutaro and Yotsuba going at it at night?
* Ara Ara intensifies *
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I would have just chosen Nino or Miku as "Yotsuba" and married one of them.

yutu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I was either for ichika or yotsuba. But if I remember correctly in one chapter the quintuplets said that they shared everything. Seeing this last chapter the four sisters without boyfriends and accompanying the newlyweds on their honeymoon. I'm thinking the four sisters will be futaro's mistress

Last edited:

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
So that's it? Not gonna lie, I kinda expected more from the bell kisser reveal. Not to mention, it seems that Yotsuba has yet to tell Fuutarou about Kyoto despite the two of them being engaged for five years!? That's gotta be a joke. The scene where she drops her ribbon could've had more weight to it, given its significance.
What to say, it's been a fun ride, but I think it could've been far better than it was. The manga up to chapter 90-something was quite good, after that it feels like Negi lost his drive. Let's see how far season 2 will go, I just pray it won't feel too rushed.

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I wouldn't say that he tied the loose ends. We don't even know what are Futarou and Yotsuba's jobs. Maybe they'll be revealed in the volume. I wanted to know more about Futarou's. The ending is still decent but it really feels like Negi wanted to end it ASAP. Or maybe my expectations were just too high.
I agree, he should’ve revealed their jobs in the chapter before the last one. I can imagine Yotsuba becoming a renowned athlete who represents Japan in the Olympics or a PE teacher, but what would Futaro do for a living? We should’ve had a chapter about him in Tokyo talking about his plans for the future with Yotsuba or his male friends (BTW where was Takeda?)