Discussion - God slayer magic vs Dragon Slayer magic | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion God slayer magic vs Dragon Slayer magic

Don Chinjao

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Iam interesting to find details if there is someone who can explain this. Iam very curious why these types of magic seems like the ones is the opposite of the other i mean when i 1rst saw that grimmoire heart guy Zancrof uses his god-slayer magic it looked to me like the Dark-side of natsu's magic its really interesting and does the god slayer magic have an link with zeref? Is god-slayer magic a type of magic to counter the dragon slayer magic? or it might be a magic that could kill zeref?

Last edited:

KingOfNight

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
God Slayer Magic seems to possess different(and superior) characteristics from that of Dragon Slayer Magic. The relationship between the two however, doesn't seem to be pure superiority, as God Slayer magic seems to operate a bit differently. Zancrow for example, stated that his flames don't burn like Natsu's, but instead, destroy everything in it's way. Chelia's Sky God Slayer magic allows her to heal herself but no others, while Wendy's does the opposite by allowing her to heal others but not herself. It's not meant to counter Dragon Slayer Magic, it just happens to be superior. Nothing aside from that has been revealed.

Rikudobito

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
God slayers, they are usually more powerful than Dragon slayers.

Remember the fight between Natsu and Zancrow? Zancrow could easily eat whatever Natsu could throw at him while Natsu couldn't eat Zancrow's flames until he had to "discard" his own magic so as to be able able to eat Zancrow's god flames.

Usually the abilities God slayers use as well are more powerful than the abilites you get from Dragon slaying Magic.

But, once Dragon slayers enter Dragon force, then they will get a considerable edge over God slayers.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think that when it comes to slayer magic the issue is the magic itself but rather the user. If zancrow had that much of an advantage against natsu its because zancrow at the time was the superior mage, as simple as that. When orca and laxus fought and when wendy and shelia fought we never actually saw them have such disadvantages. If anything wendy and shelia were even through their entire fight and it does not appear orca had an edge over laxus. I don't think that when it comes to slayer type magics the issue is how strong the beast they are mimicking is but rather the amount of skill and magical power they have. Even among these beasts it appears there is a significant difference in power between them. Natsu and laxus have beaten demons with relative ease however END seems to be powerful enough for igneel, presumably a dragon much more powerful than the 7 at the grand magical games, to have trouble with.

Don Chinjao

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I don't think that when it comes to slayer magic the issue is the magic itself but rather the user. If zancrow had that much of an advantage against natsu its because zancrow at the time was the superior mage, as simple as that. When orca and laxus fought and when wendy and shelia fought we never actually saw them have such disadvantages. If anything wendy and shelia were even through their entire fight and it does not appear orca had an edge over laxus. I don't think that when it comes to slayer type magics the issue is how strong the beast they are mimicking is but rather the amount of skill and magical power they have. Even among these beasts it appears there is a significant difference in power between them. Natsu and laxus have beaten demons with relative ease however END seems to be powerful enough for igneel, presumably a dragon much more powerful than the 7 at the grand magical games, to have trouble with.
About shelia i think even jura said that she is in a higher lvl in turns of magic power compare with wendy i think they come to a draw because of ft unique style of not giving up no matter what which makes them very persistnent.