Shounen - Goddess Café Terrace by Seo, Kouji | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Goddess Café Terrace by Seo, Kouji

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Goddess Café Terrace

Author: Seo, Kouji
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Harem, Ecchi, Shounen
Serialization: Weekly Shounen Magazine

Synopsis: Hayato Kasukabe has been accepted to Tokyo U on his first try. Receiving news of his grandmother's death, he returns to his childhood home, Café Terrace Familia, for the first time in three years to find five strange girls there who claim to be "Grandma's Family"! Hayato's unexpected life in a seaside town with these five girls of fate begins here!
(Source: MAL)

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I'm really pumped by the recent anime announcement, so I figured I'd make a thread too. My participation in Brandish's Top 10 bearing fruit, 2nd anime this yr (Oshi no Ko the 1st).

I've been reading this for months and it's been a good, fun read. Comedy is on point, great SoL moments, and ofc fanservice (Seo can really draw man). The MC, Hayato is a certified chad, and the main girls to the extended female cast are wonderful. Oh and Grandma Sachiko is MVP. Lots of fun dynamics here. It's like a college version of Quintessential Quintuplets. The interesting thing about this, is the author stated in the beginning that the most popular girl (poll-wise) will win the Hayato bowl, so it will be a waifu war amongst the fans.

Taggin the homies:
@Hermit @Brandish μ @Gajeel
Oh and Gajeel, Akane is actually best girl in this series. :heh

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Although the writing is overall blah, I’ll admit Seo does a good job of building the story’s lore. I’m just waiting on the last grandma to be introduced to the story.

Also, Seo is one evil bastard with today’s chapter.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
The self-awareness in today's chapter :lmao

Hayato going for a nice Christmas dinner, the girls out for blood.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I read chapter 1 just to peek. The set up has high cultural values, and the ladies are all the way right. Akane won round 1 in my books. Seems like an effortless ecchi to follow.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mao is always entertaining and Ouka always the victim :lmao

The double page spreads, my lord, Seo doesn't miss.

credit to JackTMagician

And damn, Kiku actually managed a W.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And wow, talk about going 100-0. I love how Hayato and Ami are like good work after exposing her lmao.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Riho volume cover:

Not only did Kiku get exposed last chapter, but now put on trial :lmao . Then, they linked it back to the dick chapters, brilliant lmao.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Personally, I feel like Mao is best girl in the series and it’s a freakin’ shame she’s not part of the Hayatobowl.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Talk about asserting dominance, Akane is best girl. Akane 🤝 Kaguya French kiss as first kiss.

Hayato asking for the kisses after :hip

At first, thought Riho blew it, but potentially she'll get a better one.

And Riho got it! Hayato :hip

Riho-Ami stuff was unexpectedly great too lol

Announcement soon:

🔥 illustrations

In this edition, our innocent boy is horny lmao. The dick joke will never not be funny :lmao

Anime teaser and visuals. Looks alright, hope they clean up things before it releases

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just can't with Ami :lmao and that girl was basically genderbent Hayato.

Hermano holidays/winter break, come to the cafe.

So Seo had a popularity poll comprising all his works and Akane finished 2nd overall, gotta love it. Riho top 5 great too.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
It makes perfect sense, but still bummed Hayato dropped out of Tokyo U. The way it was handled was a nice subversion tho, as opposed to having the cliched - leaves and then comes back at the last moment.

I guess Rei will join the other cafe, as they have a vacancy too and Mad Dog Ouka is irreplaceable.

Imo, Ouka has the best serious moments.

GorillaAmi, talk about whiplash lmao

Goodbye Mad Dog Ouka :crying. That was a perfect farewell. Ami with the cherry on top at the end lmao.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
New visual

And Kiku PV

Besides looking like a gender-bent Hyato, Rei has been good so far, and that meta-analysis of her introduction :lmao

Seo the physicist

Riho PV

I love that Seo created a character just tk give a meta analysis of the waifu war standing lol. And with Ami, it's gave us pause that this might be her moment, and then nope, she's just an adorable goofball 🤣

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rei looks nice colored. And Riho looks so cute on the cover.

What a day. Akane had Hayato in the palm of her hand, damn that was so satisfying. And she won the popularity poll again. Best Girl. A Goddess. The Goddess of Goddesses!

It's funny that Ouka is usually at the bottom, but finishes 2nd once she's gone :amuse

Akane week continues, PV out

Ouka PV

Kiku in Megami Magazine April ed. 👀

I was hesitant when the grandmas were introduced, but I like these flashback chapters. Sachiko greatness, and lmao at Akane's grandma getting involved there. Can see her aiming her blade at her friends lol.

This one is an improvement from the 1st. I just wish the character design/models are more consistent.

Hayato gigabrain at work, owned the guy. Mao and Ririka to the harem 🤣. Honestly, this makes one think:

The cover :super

credits to @Zekitamargo

Mao is a treasure 😆 . And I'm loving Hekiru becoming a meta character lol, plus she looked damn good on the cover page.

If it wasn't for Akane, Riho would be best girl in almost any other series. Really cute chapter, and then the power move at the end.

From these last 2 chapters, hot damn Seo :hearts

credits to Meenu for coloring

@Hermit can you give me a buffer here and OnK thread. The pH level of my post(s) is getting too strong :sweatdrop

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Buffer.;)

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Volume 10 features 2 covers for best goddess.

This version has special illustrations from several mangaka from the magazine :D

On to the chapter, it looks like Riho got to cop a feel :lmao. This is a 2 horse race in my book, it's gonna hurt to see Akane or Riho lose.

Mad Dog Ouka back, and damn hit the feels. Hayato tho, what a guy.

Riho in Megami Mag. 👀

A great thumbnail is foolproof in getting views lmao. Great Ririka chap, she's my fav of the alts, but wish she brought Mao tho.

Vol. 10 special edition extras, Akane art and good extras scenes, like Mao and Rei:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty pumped for this vacation arc. Very interested to see what Mao pulls off here, especially with Hayato injured, possible/likely Ami kiss, maybe an established pecking order among Akane, Riho, and Kiku, maybe one eliminated(Kiku pls), and Hekiru's schemes. Then, there's stuff with Rei, feel she might get rejected here tbh. I've grown to like her and how she's earnest, but she's late to the game.

Mao was superb this chapter. Love that she exposed Kiku's weak sauce and then the centerpiece of the lingerie shot :super

Full frontal Mao :hearts. Hayato how'd you pass that opportunity :gwah

The meta depiction of Ouka falling in love and being called the favorite, almost convinces me she won't win.

Surprised Hayato turned down Rei like that. I've grown to like her quite a bit, just too late in the game. It's good we're a bit closer to picking a girl. At this point, I feel like it's down to Akane, Riho and Ami as the dark horse. Hayato really didn't have much of reaction to Ouka last chapter and Kiku was the insignificant first love.

Colorings(credits to the artists) and official art

Last edited: