Battle - Gon and Killua vs Meruem | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Gon and Killua vs Meruem

DarkLordVerjal

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
While watching the Youpi/Killua fight I was curious, about this prospect;

If Killua had charged to the point that God Speed won't run out, would the lightning be able to keep Meruem stunned? If it could hold Meruem in place without Meruem overpowering the lightning, could Gon even generate the power necessary to hurt Meruem at all?

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
we do not know whether killuah in god speed is really faster than meruem.
Assuming he is, pre rose meruem might be beatable by killuah+supergon.
Post rose meruem no, just no.

Since gon has no beef with meruem tho, he cannot go super gon against him, thus this option is not there..

normal gon has no chance to damage meruem, no matter whether he is stunned or not.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
While watching the Youpi/Killua fight I was curious, about this prospect;

If Killua had charged to the point that God Speed won't run out, would the lightning be able to keep Meruem stunned? If it could hold Meruem in place without Meruem overpowering the lightning, could Gon even generate the power necessary to hurt Meruem at all?
No it would not. And even stunned I am pretty sure he could move his tail and slap his head. Gon needs to charge his punch but there's a limit, Meruem could take more than 1000 of Netero's attacks, Gon's Rock would be nothing to him.

DarkLordVerjal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ya, that's what I was wondering, even if stunned could damage be done. I honestly don't think Gon could hurt him either, obviously not counting adult Gon.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Killua cannot keep up Kanmaru infinitely. He needs a charge to even turn his aura into electricity. Such a feat as mentioned by Tszegerrua is astonishing. Killua as an adult or teenager will definitely be able to hold Kanmaru for a much longer time.

As for A scenario switch of Youpi Instead of the King. I don't believe Meruem would be affected as much as Yuopi. Youpi is flesh while the King has an exoskeleton. And Gon would actually break his hand or arm if he punched the King full swing especially if it's a KO punch he'll be striking even harder.

Remember Worm 10Beast broke his fingers when he punched Uvogin in the face....Same exact thing here. Gon punches lands and Meruem doesn't even flinch.

DarkLordVerjal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Killua cannot keep up Kanmaru infinitely. He needs a charge to even turn his aura into electricity. Such a feat as mentioned by Tszegerrua is astonishing. Killua as an adult or teenager will definitely be able to hold Kanmaru for a much longer time.
I know, I was adding that stipulation to make it more fair against Meruem.

duerlin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Many Hunters can stall pre-Rose Meruem. To beat him would mean to break through or disable his aura which is something very few are capable of.

Pos-Rose Meruem can only be beaten by a pathogen or by underestimating an enemy with a special technique capable of sealing his aura.

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure exactly how being stunned works, but i know the body can get 'used' to it.

Secondly, perfect scenerio: Killua keeps Meruem pinned down and Gon winds up a full charge rock. Meruem would tank it and get up easy. I am nearly 100% sure that Kid Gon's fully charged rock < 10 blows from Netero's HK. So if we consinder how Meruem tanked 10's of thousands of those attacks. Unless Kill can keep him pinned for hours while Gon fires off 100s of charged rocks at the same spot to crack his armor.. I don't see it happening.

So all in all to answer your question. No. I don't see Kid Gon charging up enough aura into a Rock to even tickle Meruem. Maybe if they did some fancy, cross aura, God speed enhanced Rock barrage (Kill uses the 'burden' of God speed on Gon to let him get the mode) and Gon fires off 1000s of them in a minute or a fully powered Lighning enhanced Rock... or something? Maybe then. but certainly not with their current skill set.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly, gon and killua don't have a shred of a chance. Killua is pretty fast but as far as we have seen he does not seem to be faster than sound, which we know for a fact netero was. Odds are the king could easily keep up with killua. And even if he can't, killua has virtually no chance of actually hurting meruem. Gon can't do anything here, none of his techniques would have the sheer level to pull of such a thing.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not even remotely close to being worth discussing. Lol. They struggled against Shoot and Knuckle, and you ask if they can beat someone whom they couldn't even take a ball from in close quarters in an airship? Killua stunned Youpi for like 5 seconds or something and that's absolutely it.

Here's a better question :

Meruem pre rose vs. 10 years in the future Gon and Killua

Yes, I already know that Gon was older than 10 years for his transformation. I couldn't even imagine a Killua with a change like Gon. Imagine that shit lol. I bet those two would for sure win.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Not even remotely close to being worth discussing. Lol. They struggled against Shoot and Knuckle, and you ask if they can beat someone whom they couldn't even take a ball from in close quarters in an airship? Killua stunned Youpi for like 5 seconds or something and that's absolutely it.

Here's a better question :

Meruem pre rose vs. 10 years in the future Gon and Killua

Yes, I already know that Gon was older than 10 years for his transformation. I couldn't even imagine a Killua with a change like Gon. Imagine that shit lol. I bet those two would for sure win.
This.....This Thread should be locked. Lol

ZakAtakk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just to make something clear, Gon's jajanken is definitely leagues stronger than any individual hit from Bodhisattva. The whole purpose of Netero's hatsu is hitting quickly and endlessly. Gon sacrifices speed and stamina for strength, it's freaking tough! But no, it wouldn't be enough to kill Meruem, it almost certainly wouldn't even be enough to even defeat Youpi but it would damage him. And who knows, a dozen consecutive jajankens to Meruem's temple might just do the trick but Gon would certainly exhaust himself before that point, however, Meruem is not invincible. It is unclear if Meruem would be significantly affected by Killua's thunderbolt attack. He would certainly be less affected than Youpi was. However, Killua's major advantage is his incredible reaction time. Meruem movements are limited by the speed at which his nervous system can relay signals. Killua's ability allows him to surpass this limitation so he has a faster reaction time than Meruem even though he isn't physically as fast. But he would definitely be able to land some blows while in Godspeed. Netero can punch faster than the speed of sound, this ability surpasses the speed of any other character's ability but it is only for that ability specifically. Killua can respond to any other ability in a variety of ways faster than anyone dependent upon their nervous system. However the nature of Killua's ability is somewhat unclear to me. If he can turn his Nen into electricity why does he need to charge up? Does he completely expend all of his Nen as electricity then take in more electricity by converting it back into Nen? Because that would be really cool but, if he's literally charging up with electricity then that's stupid, humans make terrible batteries. Anyway, we can assume that no matter what Gon does he cannot defeat Meruem. Netero's Zero Hand literally transferred all of his aura into damage. Gon has significantly less aura than Netero so he cannot do more damage than that. However, we can say equally confidently that Über Gon could have defeated Meruem. Über Gon was able to completely overwhelm Pitou with just straight punches and his Jajanken entirely crushed her. Pitou ascertained that Über Gon could have killed Meruem and the Chimera Ants have never made a mistake regarding relative strength thus far, I see no reason to doubt them now. Also never say never guys I'm sure that Meruem could have earned a visit from Über Gon if he tried say killing Killua. I think that Über Gon could have still killed post-rose Meruem. He was really just Meruem plus two of his royal guards and Gon proved with Pitou that Royal Guards are like ants-subtle analogy here- before his power.

Last edited:

Machi-tan

Reaction score
Country
United States
*GASP*

While i agree that the fight between Adult gon and Pre-rose Meruem could go either way based on your preference. (Either case is perfectly arguable). I don't think the comparison between Uber Gon and Uber Meruem is a thing... at all.

I think the combination of the RGs with Meruem was a multiplicative effect... not additive. He gained Hatsu + Nen volume, the ability to warp his body, the ability to read minds, to use EN at the speed of light for miles at a time, Instant transmission speed (He literally covered over 500 yards quicker than the Chameleon Chimera could draw breath) and maintains all of his strength from before hand.

i mean even if the Pre-rose Meruem and Gon are by all intents equal, or Gon comes out alittle bit stronger. Post-rose Meruem is at least 3 times stronger, plus the utility to literally read his opponents mind, fire attacks from range, use the sky as an attack path (thanks to his ability to fly) and all the other perks that Come with just being Meruem... Saying that Gon would win is a hard selling point. PR Meruem's base speed alone puts all other character's to shame.