Gon Latest Technique | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gon Latest Technique

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I was really, really excited when I saw it. This powerup is something I was hoping for, knowing that Gon was not at the same level of Pitou.

But something keeps bugging in my little retarded head...Gon's Hair. You may think it's something silly, but as far as we saw in the whole manga, no physical feature generated by Nen is random and only for aesthetic purposes. So I'm keep asking myself what this means.

So...what you think? Any wild guess over there?

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He matured only with his will and as a long as you mature... you hair will grow. ^^ So lets say he skipped 10 years, his hair would be that long.

Refraction

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iceland
It smacks of Yu Yu Hakusho, admittedly, but I think it's an apt simulacrum of his enhancement/reinforcement disposition. Given the nature of this vivid transformation and sense of rapid enhancement, a marked visual change is perhaps an adequate means of illustration.

Last edited:

loopiz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
yep, i wouldnt think too much about the length of the hair. and i wouldn't call that a "technique" either, cause it seems much too brutal to be anything else than a desperate, once in a lifetime, power up...

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He matured only with his will and as a long as you mature... you hair will grow. ^^ So lets say he skipped 10 years, his hair would be that long.
LOL, believe me when I say I wouldn't EVER thought of that.

Javiersansano

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
This change means that he wasted the exploitable latent talent, and every achievement through effort............and all he gained was the natural increase of aura through aging..........what a shame

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Perhaps he didn't trade that much. I was thinking, Killua did get a higher speed by using his transformation type Nen of electricity to enhance his response. It's an Enhancement feature, but given by a Transformation Nen use. And it enabled Killua to match Yupi for a while without getting a single scratch.

Now we see Gon, an Enhancement type user, topping a Royal Guard ant, with something similar to Specification. It seems like he traded a lot to get this power, but it got me thinking: what if he just Enhanced his body's maturity??

When the Enhancement wears off, the Enhancement will disappear. Think about it like He-man's transformation: he goes from clumsy Prince Adam into the buffed up He-man, changing his looks completely. It's a temporary Enhancement that affects every bit of his self, making him a lot more powerful.

Of course, such a complex move would be damn hard to use, and would require some sort of condition/consequence to work. But perhaps this is not entirely a trade, like we're currently seeing it. Perhaps this is a masterplay from Gon, and the crying is just because he thinks he might die (possible condition for the move to work, like: if Nen is depleted, the user dies).

All I know is that we have to wait to see.

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps he didn't trade that much. I was thinking, Killua did get a higher speed by using his transformation type Nen of electricity to enhance his response. It's an Enhancement feature, but given by a Transformation Nen use. And it enabled Killua to match Yupi for a while without getting a single scratch.

Now we see Gon, an Enhancement type user, topping a Royal Guard ant, with something similar to Specification. It seems like he traded a lot to get this power, but it got me thinking: what if he just Enhanced his body's maturity??

When the Enhancement wears off, the Enhancement will disappear. Think about it like He-man's transformation: he goes from clumsy Prince Adam into the buffed up He-man, changing his looks completely. It's a temporary Enhancement that affects every bit of his self, making him a lot more powerful.

Of course, such a complex move would be damn hard to use, and would require some sort of condition/consequence to work. But perhaps this is not entirely a trade, like we're currently seeing it. Perhaps this is a masterplay from Gon, and the crying is just because he thinks he might die (possible condition for the move to work, like: if Nen is depleted, the user dies).
Wishful thinking, but I'd hate to see it to be true. There's no repercussion for such a drastic transformation. If he could willfully call his transformation, it would make him terribly unbalanced. Obviously Gon has issues with death, and all he would have to do is think of Kite's death and he'll be immediately enraged (I can see this event producing some type of extreme psychological disorder to Gon, such as PTSD).

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I didn't say it was condition-less. I said it would be an enhancement of every aspect of himself, yes, but I said that a move so strong would require a heavy condition to work (i.e.: the user dies if he stays in that form for too long, or if aura level starts to deplete too much).

I just wish it wasn't simply a sacrifice from Gon, but partially a growth of himself. If all he did was trade a lot, then his growth didn't move an inch, unlike Killua. Actually it would move backwards. If he had a set back AND some sort of growth despite that, then he would just have to wait till he recovers from the consequence and return better than he was before.

Also, if his move was partially deserved, he wouldn't have such a heavy consequence and would be able to get over it later. If this is all a sacrifice, then his comeback will be much harder to believe/explain/expect.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For me it seems that some sort of feeling was the loss. But I'm uncertain.

DLord.Van.Buuren

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
dont worry guys , gon will be fine , he will probably survive , and add his new power to his arsenal .

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
dont worry guys , gon will be fine , he will probably survive , and add his new power to his arsenal .
But this time there is not a card to fix his arms...So, how He will re-attach it? >_>

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, if this is what he's doing, perhaps he found a breach in its law by using it to become mature, so he shouldn't die for being immature. Wing could use it because he hadn't bad intentions and had the necessary maturity.

I'm with everyone that thinks Gon has found some breach and won't suffer so much from what he did.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm afraid that His mind state starts conflicting. He never killed before, I think it will be the first time if I'm not wrong. And he avoids doing that.
So...Wouldn't be even for him going against his moral values?

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm afraid that His mind state starts conflicting. He never killed before, I think it will be the first time if I'm not wrong. And he avoids doing that.
Yup. This will be a huge personality shift for Gon. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he develops some psychological disorder like PTSD or DID.

Tombadgerlock

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Gon killed from the start of the Ant arc (when kaito was alive), and he wasalways of the opinion Killing didn't matter as long as you were in a serious fight.

Gon was never that pure- if he breaks down, it's because he is too whole in what he does.

Shinichiro

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gon was never that pure- if he breaks down, it's because he is too whole in what he does.
I dunno, Gon seems very pure. Childlike. Straightforward. Innocent.

None of those mean peaceful, good, or merciful. Take these two pages for example: http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/242/01/ http://www.onemanga.com/Hunter_X_Hunter/242/02/

Gon doesn't stop to think about lying, betrayal, etc... He just trusts people. And if they betray him, he kills them. Simple as that.

Also, people have been suggesting that this might be a power-up or new ability. Hell no... The mangaka has been hitting us over the head repeatedly with what a huge sacrifice this is. I'd go with the guess that he's burning up his life, his future, his raw potential and has just tossed away YEARS. The question, at this point, is if Killua can save him before there's too much damage. If he's lucky and the mangaka is very nice, he might just lose 3, 4, or 5 years. If not, could be 10, 15, 20, 30 years gone, years at which his fastest growth would have come...

I'm guessing Gon just gave away his genius. He was an individual virtually without limits on his growth. Now he's a REALLY strong adult who just picked up a glass ceiling, a cap.

Last edited:

Tombadgerlock

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I dunno, Gon seems very pure. Childlike. Straightforward. Innocent.
I'd say Gon is straightfoward and whole. Not innocent, nor childlike.

It's true, though, that him being so whole is dangerous. On one side, it gives him an incredible determination.

On another, if it cracks.... well, we saw what happened (we had biscuit being worried about that from the moment she first met gon and Killua back with the scissor guy).