First Round - Gon vs. Hunter x Hunter | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Gon vs. Hunter x Hunter

Who wins?

• Gon

• Hunter x Hunter

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Gon get's my Vote,i like reading HxH but the Hiatuses and the amount of Content we get over a Year isn't exactly satisfying for me. It's a great Manga but that has always been an issue for me.

Gon was a nice Manga,it's got a nice and catchy Artstyle and i liked the setting of it.

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
It sounds indeed unfair, but actually HxH has a lot of haters, people who hates reading walls of text or blaming the author's art or the hiatuses while most readers gladly give a pass to Miura, Hoshino or inoue. Also despite being a masterpiece hxh is still less popular than a lot of works, people who dont know hxh will likely give a chance to Gon than to HxH. hxH popularity only grew since the anime 2011 and more precisely since Chimera ants was aired with the Youtube reviewers and stuff HxH gained a lot of popularity but before that it was underated and a lot less popular in western countries, quite like jojo.
Ah, when I said "unfair", I was refering to the fact that such a match-up happened this early in the competition :amuse which IMO should have been in the finals (or semifinals...) :darn

So no matter which one passes to the next round, it has to keep going and win the award! good luck to both :hi

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Huh... Not sure who to vote for here. I love HxH but it's already very popular here and doesn't need more recognition. Erin and Brandish's campaigns are both very good.

You guys put a lot of effort here xD I'll have a hard time picking my vote. Both looks like series I'd like to check, even though they seem very different.
The day you will start reading HxH, I will start reading Amatsuki...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sorry Erin... I think will vote for Gon this time :scry.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
The day you will start reading HxH, I will start reading Amatsuki...
Well, that's easily a no deal. Asking me, with 6 months, to read a 382 chapters series so you'll read a 116 chapters one doesn't look very fair too me. And since you're quoting a comment about my doubt on my vote, I guess you were considering some kind of trade here? That's also off table. For 2 reasons: I don't have the time nor energy this time for those kinds of approaches and I don't see Amatsuki beating DBZ. I've never been in such a dead campaign thread before, getting almost no replies. Being quite frank, I have nothing to gain from this vote trade. So might as well use my votes to aid series I would prefer seeing ahead, no deals involved. And if that's not what you proposed, then I'm back to point one, I simply don't have the time and have a way bigger priority ahead. It sucks that someone that still enjoys checking many series would give me that condition tho xD but it's your call. Maybe you wouldn't appreciate it anyway. Maybe it didn't look like many people in here styles, or others would have given it a try alrdy as well (and sadly it wouldn't even be enough, since it's a slow series). So yeah, don't see that as if I don't care about HxH, but that won't happen :hmph I mentioned checking Gon cause Brandi said there's almost nothing to be read there.
Oh and in the end you voted Gon, in spite of your trade attempt :hmph Tut tut, good old Fiend.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Well, that's easily a no deal. Asking me, with 6 months, to read a 382 chapters series so you'll read a 116 chapters one doesn't look very fair too me. And since you're quoting a comment about my doubt on my vote, I guess you were considering some kind of trade here? That's also off table. For 2 reasons: I don't have the time nor energy this time for those kinds of approaches and I don't see Akatsuki beating DBZ. I've never been in such a dead campaign thread before, getting almost no replies. Being quite frank, I have nothing to gain from this vote trade. So might as well use my votes to aid series I would prefer seeing ahead, no deals involved. And if that's not what you proposed, then I'm back to point one, I simply don't have the time and have a way bigger priority ahead. It sucks that someone that still enjoys checking many series would give me that condition tho xD but it's your call. Maybe you wouldn't appreciate it anyway. Maybe it didn't look like many people in here styles, or others would have given it a try alrdy as well (and sadly it wouldn't even be enough, since it's a slow series). So yeah, don't see that as if I don't care about HxH, but that won't happen :hmph I mentioned checking Gon cause Brandi said there's almost nothing to be read there.
Oh and in the end you voted Gon, in spite of your trade attempt :hmph Tut tut, good old Fiend.
Don't read HxH manga from the start,the art style is so intolerable that tears will come from your eyes(yeah it literally happened with me).So see the 2011 anime and start from chapter 340.The anime is a masterpiece.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Don't read HxH manga from the start,the art style is so intolerable that tears will come from your eyes(yeah it literally happened with me).So see the 2011 anime and start from chapter 340.The anime is a masterpiece.
Some of my fav mangas had terrible art when it started tho xD Including SnK!
But aye, that last suggestion is doable, thx^^

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yup. Same here with Tokyo Ghoul. The original series art was pretty... rough. Dismissing a series on art alone is a cop out.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Don't listen to what Arjuna said about the art :hmph. Anyway, I didn't ask you to catch up. Just reading a few volumes would be enough.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Don't listen to what Arjuna said about the art :hmph. Anyway, I didn't ask you to catch up. Just reading a few volumes would be enough.
:handgun
Yup. Same here with Tokyo Ghoul. The original series art was pretty... rough. Dismissing a series on art alone is a cop out.
Original TG art was good,I liked it more than Second part of Re especially from the dragon arc.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Is this a manga panel or a light novel page.Can't even differentiate.

one of the reasons why my eye power increased is because of Togashis style.

Status
Not open for further replies.