Fantasy - Gray and Lucy vs Laxus | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Gray and Lucy vs Laxus

Can Gray and Lucy (Laxus' fans) beat Laxus if they team up?

• Gray and Lucy extreme diff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gray and Lucy high diff

• Gray and Lucy mid diff

• Gray and Lucy low diff

• Laxus extreme diff

• Laxus high diff

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laxus mid diff

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Laxus low diff

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Either way

• Total voters

AmitDS

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Given the latest chapter with Gray and Lucy hyping Laxus I was wondering if people think those 2 together could beat him if they both go all out.

Let's pretend they met him in the church instead of Erza and Kyria (Erza's off fighting Mirajane or Jellal somewhere).

Restrictions: CSK, Ice Shell, Fairy Law (Laxus doesn't see them as enemies even with the brainwashing of Faris).

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus stomps.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France

Laxus destroyed a solid Ice Wall without breaking a sweat.
Grey can enhance his powers with DS mode but, I think, can't compete with such a monster, even vs Base Laxus.

Lucy has some possibilities but, to be fair, is non factor here. Her spirits will be one shot by a single nuke, and her mix star dress should be nullified on this tank (just same with Mira and Elfman as Laxus is tougher) or dodged by his ligthning speed before being one shot (like Kyria in process).

Grey has ressources to put a mid-diff by his own or gains time enough for Lucy to cast Urano Metria. Still, I can see Laxus tanking this without too much trouble and finish the job.

Grey is not weak. Laxus is only a monster he can't compete with.

(Laxus doesn't see them as enemies even with the brainwashing of Faris).
Laxus wins mid-high diff against the duo without using RL against his friends.

Zero001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Laxus destroyed a solid Ice Wall without breaking a sweat.
Grey can enhance his powers with DS mode but, I think, can't compete with such a monster, even vs Base Laxus.

Lucy has some possibilities but, to be fair, is non factor here. Her spirits will be one shot by a single nuke, and her mix star dress should be nullified on this tank (just same with Mira and Elfman as Laxus is tougher) or dodged by his ligthning speed before being one shot (like Kyria in process).

Grey has ressources to put a mid-diff by his own or gains time enough for Lucy to cast Urano Metria. Still, I can see Laxus tanking this without too much trouble and finish the job.

Grey is not weak. Laxus is only a monster he can't compete with.

Laxus wins mid-high diff against the duo without using RL against his friends.
Well although destroying that irrelevant wall of ice of base Gray wasn't really that surprising, he totally destroyed Erza's armor to resist electricity without problems just in base and we saw how the fight ended.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Well although destroying that irrelevant wall of ice of base Gray wasn't really that surprising, he totally destroyed Erza's armor to resist electricity without problems just in base and we saw how the fight ended.
I agree with you, my friend. But while I don't underrate Gray (he is a good one and very versatile), I don't put him at Erza-Laxus's level.
Not yet.

Breaking a ice wall is nothing, agree. Destroying Erza's armor is nothing from beating Erza.

I think Grey can put a fight here but Laxus's stats are still above.
I am waiting to see Grey's current fights to see what he can really do. Mashima tried to make us remember that he is Natsu's rival (Ice Giants scene) so I have some hope for his next fights. I hope he will unlock the level he had at the end of Arbaless.

Laxus showed great improvements while Grey less for now (just my opinion).

Like I said, thinking that Grey is below Laxus is not equal of being weak. To be honest, for me, Grey is in Fairy Tail's top 5 when he is angry and serious.

Zero001

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I agree with you, my friend. But while I don't underrate Gray (he is a good one and very versatile), I don't put him at Erza-Laxus's level.
Not yet.

Breaking a ice wall is nothing, agree. Destroying Erza's armor is nothing from beating Erza.

I think Grey can put a fight here but Laxus's stats are still above.
I am waiting to see Grey's current fights to see what he can really do. Mashima tried to make us remember that he is Natsu's rival (Ice Giants scene) so I have some hope for his next fights. I hope he will unlock the level he had at the end of Arbaless.

Laxus showed great improvements while Grey less for now (just my opinion).

Like I said, thinking that Grey is below Laxus is not equal of being weak. To be honest, for me, Grey is in Fairy Tail's top 5 when he is angry and serious.
I'm not saying that Gray is going to beat him, but it really won't be easy as long as this is serious, but I still wouldn't say that Laxus improved a lot, he just remained strong, because in theory his improvement was to control his red lighning but it was the most disappointing thing that he did in the fight against Erza, base Laxus totally controlled the fight to the point that Mashima had to give powers of other members to Erza which doesn't make sense or logic, because against Kiria Erza made it clear that she had to ask Wendy to help her with the enchantments, Erza's just using them out of nowhere a few chapters later is just ridiculous, as we don't even know if she really keeps that, but well as I said about red lightning if Laxus base totally surpassed Erza, for Logic, Red lightning should have finished the job easy especially when Erza's swords didn't work but the result was Erza exchanging blows with Laxus something that she couldn't when he was on base, too bs at that fight.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I understand what you mean. But you have to take account that Erza is like a diesel : she always begin a fight at "low level" and then enhances her stats in the fight, sort of a Hulk who increases his stats during all the time's battle. And her stamina-durability are her best weapons. I see her as the best tank in Fairy Tail.
Having huge average against Erza at the first round is classic : see Ikaruga, Kagura, Azuma and all her fights. Defeating her while she is finally serious is clearly a different thing.

Laxus fights with his strength without restriction from the beginning, but his stats doesn't increase.

If I can make analogy between these two, I can say it's Thor vs Hulk in comics. Thor is stronger at the beginning of the fight by some mergin but Hulk increases his stats until equal him and then reverses the situation after a long battle. This is how I see Erza vs Laxus's fight.

So, you can see Erza vs Laxus as bs, but for me, it's classic in fact. It's Erza's way of fighting. Nothing more.... :). She always hold back the first half of the battle.
If Erza manages to fight Suzaku in the labyrinth, you will see that she will be useless the first half of the battle until reversing the situation to a draw or a victory if she taps into PoF miracle.

For Grey, Yes he can put a battle for sure. He is smart, durable, strong, fast and a good versatile Magic. I vote a High Diff victory for Laxus because I think, if Grey is really serious he can hurt him before being defeated. For me, the weak link here is Lucy. I like her but can't do anything. Replace Lucy by Wendy and my vote can be different : Berserker Grey with Deus Eques can possibly reach Erza's result vs Laxus.

Zero001

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I understand what you mean. But you have to take account that Erza is like a diesel : she always begin a fight at "low level" and then enhances her stats in the fight, sort of a Hulk who increases his stats during all the time's battle. And her stamina-durability are her best weapons. I see her as the best tank in Fairy Tail.
Having huge average against Erza at the first round is classic : see Ikaruga, Kagura, Azuma and all her fights. Defeating her while she is finally serious is clearly a different thing.

Laxus fights with his strength without restriction from the beginning, but his stats doesn't increase.

If I can make analogy between these two, I can say it's Thor vs Hulk in comics. Thor is stronger at the beginning of the fight by some mergin but Hulk increases his stats until equal him and then reverses the situation after a long battle. This is how I see Erza vs Laxus's fight.

So, you can see Erza vs Laxus as bs, but for me, it's classic in fact. It's Erza's way of fighting. Nothing more.... :). She always hold back the first half of the battle.
If Erza manages to fight Suzaku in the labyrinth, you will see that she will be useless the first half of the battle until reversing the situation to a draw or a victory if she taps into PoF miracle.

For Grey, Yes he can put a battle for sure. He is smart, durable, strong, fast and a good versatile Magic. I vote a High Diff victory for Laxus because I think, if Grey is really serious he can hurt him before being defeated. For me, the weak link here is Lucy. I like her but can't do anything. Replace Lucy by Wendy and my vote can be different : Berserker Grey with Deus Eques can possibly reach Erza's result vs Laxus.
Honestly is that the problem in which more of those fights that you mention she basically had already lost them then she just won them, just like that, what makes it ridiculous, although well something that is impossible to defend was the enchantments that is total bs, honestly better Mashima would have made Erza a character from Edolas and she just doesn't have magic, just a human using magic weapons, at least then one would not pay attention to how her magic is practically useless and still want to show her as one of the strongest.

Although well the writing with her has been strange, even her comments towards Laxus, first surprised that Laxus had defeated Kiria before she arrived, to the point that she was wishing to have Natsu or Gray on her side, then surprised that It's difficult for her to face Laxus despite previously wishing she had had an ally, only to later say that Laxus prone to be someone trustworthy who can protect Fairy Tail while she and the rest of Team Natsu weren't there, even though the reason she was seeing Laxus and was fighting with him was because he couldn't defend the guild and they were kidnapped and Team Natsu had to save them, it really seemed like they really had no idea what they are writing and they change their minds while doing each chapter.

Last edited:

Eclopse

Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Erza > Gray
Kyria >> Lucy
Laxus beat Erza and Kyria.
Do the math.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Honestly is that the problem in which more of those fights that you mention she basically had already lost them then she just won them, just like that, what makes it ridiculous, although well something that is impossible to defend was the enchantments that is total bs, honestly better Mashima would have made Erza a character from Edolas and she just doesn't have magic, just a human using magic weapons, at least then one would not pay attention to how her magic is practically useless and still want to show her as one of the strongest.

Although well the writing with her has been strange, even her comments towards Laxus, first surprised that Laxus had defeated Kiria before she arrived, to the point that she was wishing to have Natsu or Gray on her side, then surprised that It's difficult for her to face Laxus despite previously wishing she had had another as an ally, only to later say that Laxus prone to be someone trustworthy who can protect Fairy Tail while she and the rest of Team Natsu weren't there, even though the reason she was seeing Laxus and was fighting with him was because he couldn't defend the guild and they were kidnapped and Team Natsu had to save them, it really seemed like they really had no idea what they are writing and they change their minds while doing each chapter.
I don't remember the real translation but, in my book, Erza was surprised to see Kyria being defeated. She understood that Laxus is strong, stronger than Kyria. But in my book (french), she said that "Laxus is the only member of the Guild she doesn't know how to abord" and this is why she wanted to have Natsu or Grey with her. In my translation, it's not about strength but about psychological or link between characters.

When the team had left for the Quest, she was fearing about the Guild's defense line. And she was right as the Guild failed to Toûka.

She acknoledged Laxus's strength at the end of the fight to be worthy as being the Shield during their Journey. Before the conclusion, she didn't expect him to be that strong. This is why I can't understand people who said Laxus > Erza since the beginning. How can't she trust the strength of a nakama who was already stronger than her ? That's nosense.

For the enchantments, I can agree with you. It's Wendy's Magic and I don't like when characters combine Nakama's specialities. I think Mashima exploits the link between Erza and Wendy (her pupil) and Erza's legacy with the greatest enchantress in the world : Eileen. Wendy teaches spells to enchant her weaponeries and her legacy can give her some facilities in that.

Again, it's my point of view, but yes, I can understand your opinion as well.

Zero001

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I don't remember the real translation but, in my book, Erza was surprised to see Kyria being defeated. She understood that Laxus is strong, stronger than Kyria. But in my book (french), she said that "Laxus is the only member of the Guild she doesn't know how to abord" and this is why she wanted to have Natsu or Grey with her. In my translation, it's not about strength but about psychological or link between characters.

When the team had left for the Quest, she was fearing about the Guild's defense line. And she was right as the Guild failed to Toûka.

She acknoledged Laxus's strength at the end of the fight to be worthy as being the Shield during their Journey. Before the conclusion, she didn't expect him to be that strong. This is why I can't understand people who said Laxus > Erza since the beginning. How can't she trust the strength of a nakama who was already stronger than her ? That's nosense.

For the enchantments, I can agree with you. It's Wendy's Magic and I don't like when characters combine Nakama's specialities. I think Mashima exploits the link between Erza and Wendy (her pupil) and Erza's legacy with the greatest enchantress in the world : Eileen. Wendy teaches spells to enchant her weaponeries and her legacy can give her some facilities in that.

Although if that was by link really the most closed are the Thunder tribe, I know that there is something with Natsu but I don't consider it the super bond and with Gray it's difficult to say it's known that basically Gray saved his life by defeating Tempester and that allowed getting his blood to help Laxus and Gray was the only one to realize that Laxus wasn't fully recovered but in the end nothing else happened with that.

She was right about the guild's defenses, but the weird thing is that she didn't seem to realize that, as she was saying how Laxus could defend them even though he had basically failed.

Last edited:

ShaLIGHTNING

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

I can confirm you read it well, unless we both read a poor translation, haha. I just wanted to salute you for finally mentionning that in a fight, its' not all about pure strength, we should take will and psychology very seriously. As duh, we know that Laxus is stronger than Erza, he still is. BUT she has a better fighting mentally than him so she could drag him into a draw. And unlike Laxus, Erza and Natsu ARE used to fight opponent stronger than them, they haven't beaten them because they where the stronger fighters, but because of their unmatched will. This should not be overlooked.

Is Laxus going all out here too? If yes he lolstomps. Else, if he stays in base he mid/high diff.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Although if it were by link really the most closed are the Thunder tribe, I know that there is something with Natsu but I don't consider it the super bond and with Gray it's difficult to say it's known that basically Gray saved his life by defeating Tempester and that allowed getting his blood to help Laxus and Gray was the only one to realize that Laxus wasn't fully recovered but in the end nothing else happened with that.
I agree my friend.

I think Natsu made a bond since he had "beaten" Laxus in Fantasia. The fight served as Experience for Laxus and changed his way and look about the Guild. In fact, Natsu helped him returning to reason. As to thanks him, he gave his power vs Hades. So yes, basically, Natsu and Laxus have a link since all of this.
For Grey, we can assume perhaps Gajeel explained to Laxus that Grey killed Tempester and then, gave the necessary to save his life.

Sure Natsu and Grey are not the Raijinshuu, but, perhaps, they are the closest to him just after.
Still, Erza acknoledged that the Raijinshuu were also under control.

So, in my opinion, thinking about Natsu and Grey is not irrelevant here.

She was right about the guild's defenses, but the weird thing is that she didn't seem to realize that, as she was saying how Laxus could defend them even though he had basically failed.
yes, I know this one to be a paradox :). I have no answer here....

I just wanted to salute you for finally mentionning that in a fight, its' not all about pure strength, we should take will and psychology very seriously.
Yes, thank you my friend. In a fight, psychology is as important as the physical. Circumstances as well. Characters like Erza and Natsu are driven by their will and hearts which make them highly stronger when they fight for their Guild. Nevermind how much stronger the opponent can be, if the Guild's life is under balance, their power skyrocket to unbeliavable level. Eileen and FH Zeleph are clear exemples.

Some characters are more physicals with less potential : Gajeel, Laxus, Gildarts.... But they are more limited in process against godlike foes.

Zero001

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I agree my friend.

I think Natsu made a bond since he had "beaten" Laxus in Fantasia. The fight served as Experience for Laxus and changed his way and look about the Guild. In fact, Natsu helped him returning to reason. As to thanks him, he gave his power vs Hades. So yes, basically, Natsu and Laxus have a link since all of this.
For Grey, we can assume perhaps Gajeel explained to Laxus that Grey killed Tempester and then, gave the necessary to save his life.

Sure Natsu and Grey are not the Raijinshuu, but, perhaps, they are the closest to him just after.
Still, Erza acknoledged that the Raijinshuu were also under control.

So, in my opinion, thinking about Natsu and Grey is not irrelevant here.

Honestly the reason was obvious that it was just by power than by link, I don't even think that Erza knows that Laxus thinks about Gray to use it also after that moment where Gray realized Laxus state they have not been shown speaking again and no one saw them at the time, plus all Erza ever talked about was the power of Laxus, also if it had been that she would have thought in Wendy as well as Laxus has been seen with her but obviously she didn't think in Wendy. Erza is being overestimated.

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Honestly I think the reason was obvious that it was just by power than by link, I don't even think that Erza knows that Laxus thinks about Gray to use it also after that moment where Gray realized Laxus state they have not been shown speaking again and no one saw them at the time, plus all Erza ever talked about was the power of Laxus.
Can be. You are perhaps right, no problem with that :).
Or, as she wanted to save the Orb, she thought about Natsu and Grey to help her in order to arrest him AND protect the orb in process as two teams.

But I can give you the point ;).

The result still remains the same.

Zero001

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Can be. You are perhaps right, no problem with that :).
Or, as she wanted to save the Orb, she thought about Natsu and Grey to help her in order to arrest him AND protect the orb in process as two teams.

But I can give you the point ;).

The result still remains the same.
The orbs that a bad plot haha, Team Natsu never even got one and even some forgot them, I wouldn't be surprised if the heart of Elefseria ends in nothing or in something totally different from what is thought too 🤔

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
The orbs that a bad plot haha, Team Natsu never even got one and even some forgot them, I wouldn't be surprised if the heart of Elefseria ends in nothing or in something totally different from what is thought too 🤔
Yes, only fights count haha. As for Elefseria's Heart, well, we'll see :).

But Erza tried to keep this one safe :) :

The last picture tells us that was not about link (as I expected due to french mistranslation) neither about power, but about securing the orb :
"as long as Laxus is under the White Wizard's control, I won't find any openings with him around... If I at least had Natsu or Grey with me".

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Laxus high-diffs. As much I love Gray and Lucy, given to feats and portrayal, even the both of them aren't enough to beat Laxus.

Zero001

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yes, only fights count haha. As for Elefseria's Heart, well, we'll see :).

But Erza tried to keep this one safe :) :

The last picture tells us that was not about link (as I expected due to french mistranslation) neither about power, but about securing the orb :
"as long as Laxus is under the White Wizard's control, I won't find any openings with him around... If I at least had Natsu or Grey with me".
But nevertheless that counts, which is why she hoped to have Natsu or Gray and didn't think for the other members, at least that means that she thinks that facing Laxus is not something that anyone would do.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
But nevertheless that counts, which is why she hoped to have Natsu or Gray and didn't think for the other members, at least that means that she thinks that facing Laxus is not something that anyone would do.
Well, I do think it's important. She wanted someone to give her an opening to secure the orb, or to secure the orb the time she fights him.
Laxus wanted to destroy it. So he didn't care about collateral damage and break the orb in action, even accidentally.

Thinking about Natsu or Grey is a respect to their powers. The one who faces him must have enough ressources to deal with him for a while.
Thinking that Grey is weak is a joke. Erza doesn't underrate them (Natsu-Grey).

As Erza had no help, she tryed to stop Laxus by her own to protect the orb. The fact is that without Kyria, Erza could accomplish her missions :
- Neutralise Laxus even if she felt with him.
- Protect the Orb without securing it.