Discussion - Gray Fullbuster Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gray Fullbuster Thread

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Just wanted to see what people are predicting or expecting of Gray in this arc.

1) How strong is Gray right now?
My pure guess is he's probably at Erza's level right now with DeS mastery. He froze Ajeel's sand monster showing off a huge AoE feat with typical DeS instant freeze speed. He is lacking feats right now though so would be great if he fights soon. It's probably unfair to Erza to say Gray is on her level but this is my gut feel.

2) Who does he fight?
Mavis ordered him to go South, where Wahl, Di Maria and Neinhart are. In the prelude to the war we got the Invel foreshadowing. However I thought Natsu might have fought Ajeel going on a similar foreshadowing and didn't happen.

3) What secret move does he have up his sleeve?
He's after E.N.D, and has said himself he's got something for Zeref. A few things comes to mind. Maybe another Devil Slayer Secret technique? Maybe he has a demon version of dragon force? Also possibly something like Momento Mori, he could have that and this has Zeref killing hype so maybe this is why he thinks he can take Zeref.

4) Personality/Appearance this arc

- He was the only one who was reasonable in FT (Laxus too) when Natsu took off.
- How will he react to Natsu = E.N.D? Does he possibly suspect Natsu is E.N.D? He did say that Zeref had the book of E.N.D when Natsu took after Zeref so this could actually mean something.
- I like his attire this arc (have for a while). He looks awesome in DeS mode like Silver/Wolverine.

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Good thread.

1) How strong is Gray right now?

I'm guessing he is one of FT's strongest. Definitely S-Class level. So I'd say Gray is somewhere around Natsu's, Laxus', and Mira's level. Idk about Erza cuz all she has had are PoF moments and Nakama power ups. But, because she is an S-Class Mage of FT, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say Erza would be up there with Natsu, Laxus, Gray, and Mira.

2) Who does he fight?

I am almost certain Gray can solo a Spriggan if he is pushed to his limits. My guesses are either Neinhart, Inbel, Brandish, or the unknown Spriggans.

3) What secret move does he have up his sleeve?

Demon force equivalent or demon transformation. Similar to an Etherious form like Mard Geer. Since he has no antibodies in his bloodstream, Gray should hold the power to transformation.

4) Personality/Appearance in this arc

Appearance is cool as always. Personality is the most logical and reasonable so far. I'm surprised the Erza, Mavis, and other members of the guild was sucking on Natsu's gut actually believing that he could solo Zeref and Inbel.

In terms of clothing and attire, I kinda wanted Gray to change it up a bit. Kinda like either Avatar Arc or Tartaros Arc. Also, I wanted him to wear chain on his pants and metal bracelets like he did in the old days in the beginning of Fairy Tail.

MangerDan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Around gajeel plus level against humans gildarts plus level against demons.

2. I'd say invel, but then again the whole Natsu vs ajeel thing that was hinted at didn't happen. So maybe Wahl just for shits.

3.No clue maybe it could be a new des move or "demon" force.

4.He's all right that's all I can say about him the fanboys and girls kinda made me dislike him a bit along with a few others.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1) Around Gajeel's and Erza's level.
2) No idea. Probably tag team with a bunch of people against Neinhart.
3) No idea. I think we've already seen the demon slayer equivalent of Dragon Force, and that's with his half demonized form. Maybe he's mastered a complete demonized form or can start using curse power?
4) Thing is, nobody really knew Natsu had Igneel's power in that arm. If Gray knew, he probably would have had more faith in Natsu (even Zeref was hopeful of his chances of killing him). The Spriggans wouldn't have been a threat at the very least. Though since Natsu didn't really didn't tell anyone, I'd say Gray was probably being reasonable given what they knew.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
1) I think gray by hype his on natsu level but by feat he's on erza level i think gray/erza>gajeel
2) Either he helps erza and kagura against dimaria if not he would fight neinheart with juvia and lyon
3) I think he learn the memento mori for zeref and devil force for End and maybe zeref too
4) he's badass as always he's one of the few members of ft with a brain lol

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
1)gray is stronger than erza.Can't say He can solo a Spriggan unless He shows more power.His performance against Ajeel wasn't that impressive.He is definetly not on the Level of Natsu and laxus.
2)gray may fight Neinhart Dimaria.He will definetly fight Invel.
3)He may have Some Secret Technique for END.He may have developed Demon Force unless you refuse to consider Those Black Markings and Scales on his Body as Demon Force.Demon Drive may also play into part.
4)gray is far sighted and Calculating.But His obsession with END may risk his well being.If END is on the level of Zeref or stronger Than Zeref Then gray may risk his life.

Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I want gray to teams up with laxus or natsu in this arc !

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Is there a chance something bad/evil happens with Gray? He supposedly killed Frosch in FRogue's timeline.

He could get infected by 'shadow'. It also gave Rogue a massive power boost at GMG, could be the same for Gray.

It does say fate is changed so this could be nothing

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Is there a chance something bad/evil happens with Gray? He supposedly killed Frosch in FRogue's timeline.

He could get infected by 'shadow'. It also gave Rogue a massive power boost at GMG, could be the same for Gray.

Yes it coulf happen when gray learn that natsu is end ? He would go insane and then the shadows control him ?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yes it coulf happen when gray learn that natsu is end ? He would go insane and then the shadows control him ?
Maybe, I was leaning this way originally. I'd just prefer Gray to handle it maturely rather than skitz out. I also think he's on to Natsu=END, or at least he's more aware of a connection between Natsu and Zeref than anyone in the guild. Really depends how Mashima wants to deal with Natus=END news to the guild.

I was thinking that if Gray is being beat by a Spriggan then it might activate (Rogue was getting beat by Gajeel before shadow stepped in).

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Maybe, I was leaning this way originally. I'd just prefer Gray to handle it maturely rather than skitz out. I also think he's on to Natsu=END, or at least he's more aware of a connection between Natsu and Zeref than anyone in the guild. Really depends how Mashima wants to deal with Natus=END news to the guild.

I was thinking that if Gray is being beat by a Spriggan then it might activate (Rogue was getting beat by Gajeel before shadow stepped in).
Yep but if mashima want to make a remake of naruto vs sasuke then we going to see gray betray natsu and wants to kill him xD

It would be cool if he lost to for exemple neinheart or invel and the shadow control him and then he lost the control and begins to fight fairy tail too xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But wouldn't gray use the shadow power like rogue ?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yep but if mashima want to make a remake of naruto vs sasuke then we going to see gray betray natsu and wants to kill him xD

It would be cool if he lost to for exemple neinheart or invel and the shadow control him and then he lost the control and begins to fight fairy tail too xD
But wouldn't gray use the shadow power like rogue ?
Well Rogue had no control (he couldn't remember what happened) it was shadow who took over. Basically a possession. Where I think Gray will able to control this would be his demon magic. But this is very much a theory.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Well Rogue had no control (he couldn't remember what happened) it was shadow who took over. Basically a possession. Where I think Gray will able to control this would be his demon magic. But this is very much a theory.
Yes but it would better if gray completely lost the control and fight the spriggan and ft xD

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Highly doubt that, Gray doesn't get possessed by shadows. Only somebody like Rogue does. If Gray turns evil, there are only two options that can explain that:

1) He has his own reasons and is doing it of his own accord
2) He is totally acting and is fooling everybody

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Highly doubt that, Gray doesn't get possessed by shadows. Only somebody like Rogue does. If Gray turns evil, there are only two options that can explain that:

I think he can turns evil when he found that natsu=End

I think has an etherious form
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I think he can turns evil when he found that natsu=End

I think has an etherious form
Gray has an etherious form

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Gray would get owned by shadows like ISD Gajeel owns Gray ;)
Yes but it would better if gray completely lost the control and fight the spriggan and ft xD
Yes Gray can solo Isghal and Alvarez with shadoe.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
xD

Lol i when i sag gray fight ft or alvarez i mean he would just damage his allies because of his demon side but like i said if he lose the control then juvia will save him lol
I mean even if he lose the control of his ides mashima would make an asspull like juvia save him from his darkness lol
I think natsu and gray vs zeref would be awesome

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
She's an entirely useless and irrelevant character who had immense amount of potential in the beginning.
Who do you think gray will fight this arc ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarvisxtra

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Yes i agree she were way better before and i hope she doesn't join ft this early.
Who do you think gray will fight this arc ?
My boy will obviously fight Invel because it was hinted already when Gray mentioned "ice" when Invel was introduced.
I hope he faces Dimaria instead and go for something new.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
My boy will obviously fight Invel because it was hinted already when Gray mentioned "ice" when Invel was introduced.
I hope he faces Dimaria instead and go for something new.
Yep invel vs gray is obvious but i think this fight would be later in the arc.
They are some spoilers saying gray will fight dimaria but i don't trust them xD
I really think gray is gonna fight dimaria though..