Group - Group B Battle Royale | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Bluenote Stinger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 50 86.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • God Serena

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Orga Nanagear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is Ajeel assumed to be the weakest Spriggan?

Makarov sent Jacob flying, but he didn't deal a lot of damage to him. Erza was actually able to deal damage to Ajeel with Neptune sword. Sure, she didn't send him flying but it wasn't her intent. In Makarov's case, his intent was simply to get Jacob far enough from the guild so he can throw Natsu after him. In terms of the damage dealt to their opponent, Erza did more damage to Ajeel than Makarov did to Jacob.

Makarov fared better in his fight against Jacob than Erza did. In the small amount of time given, Makarov performed way better.

As I said, Ajeel is arguably the weakest Spriggan. Even if he isn't, do you really actually believe that Ajeel > Jacob in a 1v1?

I think most people would agree Jacob > Ajeel, even if Jacob is only a little bit stronger.

Erza dealt more damage because she had 10x the amount of time and panels for her to do so. She was breaking more than a sweat dealing with Ajeel compared to Makarov who didn't even break a sweat as he confronted Jacob.

I'm not saying your choices are wrong, in fact, I respect everybody's choices, but I'm just pointing out that it is very likely that Makarov >> Erza from what we've seen.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Makarov fared better in his fight against Jacob than Erza did. In the small amount of time given, Makarov performed way better.

As I said, Ajeel is arguably the weakest Spriggan. Even if he isn't, do you really actually believe that Ajeel > Jacob in a 1v1?

I think most people would agree Jacob > Ajeel, even if Jacob is only a little bit stronger.

Erza dealt more damage because she had 10x the amount of time and panels for her to do so. She was breaking more than a sweat dealing with Ajeel compared to Makarov who didn't even break a sweat as he confronted Jacob.

I'm not saying your choices are wrong, in fact, I respect everybody's choices, but I'm just pointing out that it is very likely that Makarov >> Erza from what we've seen.
Ajeel was bleeding and coughing up blood from Erza's slashes.
Makarov didn't do anywhere near as much lasting damage against Jacob. Honestly, it's debatable if Makarov managed to do any real damage to Jacob at all. He seemed more surprised than anything else.
You're making it sound like as if Makarov actually managed to beat Jacob, which he didn't. Makarov didn't even do the most damage against Jacob in their fight. I'm also not convinced that Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan. Ajeel was able to deal enough damage to make Erza collapse after their fight. Jacob wasn't able to deal lasting damage on Natsu or Lucy. Sand World is pretty much just as hax as Jacob's stealth.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel was bleeding and coughing up blood from Erza's slashes.
Makarov didn't do anywhere near as much lasting damage against Jacob. Honestly, it's debatable if Makarov managed to do any real damage to Jacob at all. He seemed more surprised than anything else.
You're making it sound like as if Makarov actually managed to beat Jacob, which he didn't. Makarov didn't even do the most damage against Jacob in their fight. Now, Erza didn't manage to beat Ajeel in a 1v1 either. However, she certainly dealt more damage to Ajeel than Makarov dealt to Jacob. If we're including Jacob's ability to teleport others, then sure he would beat Ajeel just by removing him. That is restricted in this tournament. If we're just talking about combat abilities, then yes I would say Ajeel is stronger than Jacob. Maybe not in terms of durability (they seem fairly equal), but in terms of offensive power Ajeel seems to have the clear advantage. Ajeel has the means of holding Erza by the neck, and he managed to deal enough injuries to Erza to cause her to collapse after the fight. Jacob never managed to do lasting damage against Natsu or Lucy.

I do agree Makarov didn't show much, but at the same time, Erza slashing Ajeel was basically her giving everything she's got.

What you saw in Erza vs. Ajeel was practically where Erza maxed out her potential. She wasn't just fighting to win, she was fighting to stay alive.

She was one step away from death, so it's obvious that she fought with everything she got. And even in her strongest state, she couldn't even manage to beat Ajeel, who has low durability compared to the other Spriggans. In fact, she needed Jupiter to bail her out.

On the other hand, Makarov was able to punch Jacob miles away from the guild without having to take a major breather.

He was going nowhere near max power/potential and he was already sending Jacob (imo a stronger Spriggan than Ajeel) miles away at high speeds with only one punch.

Makarov knows a lot of legendary defensive spells as he showed on Tenrou against Hades, has his Titan form which is quite formidable, and has access to Fairy Law.

His arsenal is a whole lot more powerful than Erza, so I don't see how Erza would make it out of this Battle Royale, and not Makarov. In fact, I think it is the other way around.

Makarov makes it through Group B while Erza was fairly close. I gave her 5th place, so it's not like she is fodder (like Bluenote).

P.S.:

Even without teleporting, Jacob is still stronger than Ajeel.

Jacob even beat Natsu in hand-to-hand combat.

Jacob can also use an invisible weapon that Ajeel won't be able to see.

Jacob even shoots fast projectiles

I don't see Ajeel outclassing Jacob and Ajeel doesn't have the female boobs to save him.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I do agree Makarov didn't show much, but at the same time, Erza slashing Ajeel was basically her giving everything she's got.

What you saw in Erza vs. Ajeel was practically where Erza maxed out her potential. She wasn't just fighting to win, she was fighting to stay alive.

She was one step away from death, so it's obvious that she fought with everything she got. And even in her strongest state, she couldn't even manage to beat Ajeel, who has low durability compared to the other Spriggans. In fact, she needed Jupiter to bail her out.

On the other hand, Makarov was able to punch Jacob miles away from the guild without having to take a major breather.

He was going nowhere near max power/potential and he was already sending Jacob (imo a stronger Spriggan than Ajeel) miles away at high speeds with only one punch.

Makarov knows a lot of legendary defensive spells as he showed on Tenrou against Hades, has his Titan form which is quite formidable, and has access to Fairy Law.

His arsenal is a whole lot more powerful than Erza, so I don't see how Erza would make it out of this Battle Royale, and not Makarov. In fact, I think it is the other way around.

Makarov makes it through Group B while Erza was fairly close. I gave her 5th place, so it's not like she is fodder (like Bluenote).
I consider Nakagami armour to be Erza giving it her all. Also, Erza wasn't fighting desperately for her life before Ajeel used sand world. She was actually pointing out how Ajeel's sands have many weaknesses, and how she has a counter for his power.

You can make the argument that after Ajeel used sand world things started going downhill for Erza, and that she did get desperate and used Nakagami armor. Sand World is Ajeel going all out though, so the fact that Erza was even able to push Ajeel to this level is quite impressive. On top of that, she landed the finishing blow. Lucy was the one that undid Jacob's transport. Happy was the one who prevented Jacob from clapping again. Natsu dealt the majority of the damage. Makarov's role in Jacob's defeat was simply to move the battle outside of the guild, maybe dealing minor injuries to Jacob in the process.

Nothing about Bluenote suggests he's a fodder. He was the Ace of Grimoire Heart, which meant he was stronger than Azuma. Look how much difficulty Azuma can still give to Erza. Before Gildarts arrived, Hades thought Bluenote was someone that he can only personally handle. At the very least, Bluenote is on Jura's level. He was trading blows with Gildarts on Tenrou Island, and he would be a match for Makarov.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I consider Nakagami armour to be Erza giving it her all. Also, Erza wasn't fighting desperately for her life before Ajeel used sand world. She was actually pointing out how Ajeel's sands have many weaknesses, and how she has a counter for his power.

You can make the argument that after Ajeel used sand world things started going downhill for Erza, and that she did get desperate and used Nakagami armor. Sand World is Ajeel going all out though. So the fact that Erza was even able to push Ajeel to this level is quite impressive. On top of that, she landed the finishing blow. Lucy was the one that undid Jacob's transport. Happy was the one who prevented Jacob from clapping again. Natsu dealt the majority of the damage. Makarov's role in Jacob's defeat was simply to move the battle outside of the guild, maybe dealing minor injuries to Jacob in the process.

Nothing about Bluenote suggests he's a fodder. He was the Ace of Grimoire Heart, which meant he was stronger than Azuma. Look how much difficulty Azuma can still give to Erza. Before Gildarts arrived, Hades thought Bluenote was someone that he can only personally handle. At the very least, Bluenote is on Jura's level. He was a match for Gildarts on Tenrou Island, and he would be a match for Makarov.

I can agree that Nakagami armor isn't Erza going all out. But her skill reached its peak, which in my opinion, was not that impressive. Adding new sets of armor won't help Erza as her skill wasn't enough. She reached her full potential and was ultimately beat by a Spriggan like Ajeel.

Makarov may not have dealt much damage, but he sure wasn't putting much effort in keeping Jacob a safe distance. So if Makarov didn't struggle to keep Jacob away, I don't know how Jacob would take him down easily.

Just by comparing the effort in Makarov and Jacob & Erza and Ajeel, it is obvious that Erza was way more desperate and panicking.

As for Bluenote and Azuma, both are fodders in the current arc. Everybody else's training far surpassed them during the one year. While everybody was dealing with the top dogs, Bluenote was leading a fodder army/guild... Orphan's Fins or something.... (I know it's Orochi's Fin)

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can agree that Nakagami armor isn't Erza going all out. But her skill reached its peak, which in my opinion, was not that impressive. Adding new sets of armor won't help Erza as her skill wasn't enough. She reached her full potential and was ultimately beat by a Spriggan like Ajeel.

Makarov may not have dealt much damage, but he sure wasn't putting much effort in keeping Jacob a safe distance. So if Makarov didn't struggle to keep Jacob away, I don't know how Jacob would take him down easily.

Just by comparing the effort in Makarov and Jacob & Erza and Ajeel, it is obvious that Erza was way more desperate and panicking.

As for Bluenote and Azuma, both are fodders in the current arc. Everybody else's training far surpassed them during the one year. While everybody was dealing with the top dogs, Bluenote was leading a fodder army/guild... Orphan's Fins or something.... (I know it's Orochi's Fin)
I'm saying Nakagami armor is Erza going all out. Erza was doing fine until Ajeel used sand world, which for Ajeel would be close to going all out. Approaching Makarov shouldn't be that hard. Jacob could just sneak in. In a 1v1, Erza would have lost against Ajeel. However, she still would have forced him to use sand world and get serious. In a 1v1, Jacob would have just teleported Makarov. There would be no Lucy to undo the spell for him. There's also no guarantee that Makarov can match Natsu's raw power either. Maybe with something like Fairy Law, but that would be going all out.

Bluenote is stronger than Azuma. They are not on the same level. Also, just because you surpassed someone doesn't make them fodders. Erza still struggles with Azuma's explosions. Beating someone like Bluenote would take at least a mid-difficulty effort for mages like Erza. Also, not everyone has surpassed Bluenote. Wendy certainly hasn't. Lucy hasn't. Gray probably surpassed Bluenote but given the difficulty he had with Ur, it would take at least mid-difficulty effort like Erza.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm saying Nakagami armor is Erza going all out. Erza was doing fine until Ajeel used sand world, which for Ajeel would be close to going all out. Approaching Makarov shouldn't be that hard. Jacob could just sneak in. In a 1v1, Erza would have lost against Ajeel. However, she still would have forced him to use sand world and get serious. In a 1v1, Jacob would have just teleported Makarov. There would be no Lucy to undo the spell for him. There's also no guarantee that Makarov can match Natsu's raw power either. Maybe with something like Fairy Law, but that would be going all out.

Well, if Nakagami armor is Erza going all out, then that's just pitiful.

At the same time, Ajeel using Sand World is him going all out, but again, he is the weakest Spriggan.

As for Jacob, he is somewhat restricted/limited in teleporting anybody in this battle royale.

But even so, like you said, Makarov can use Fairy Law (which is acceptable according to the rules of this tournament), which would pretty much end Jacob's streak.

And if Makarov ever used Fairy Law on Erza, she'd be done for without a doubt. So I still stand by Erza << Makarov.

Makarov would be moving on to the next stage here.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, if Nakagami armor is Erza going all out, then that's just pitiful.

At the same time, Ajeel using Sand World is him going all out, but again, he is the weakest Spriggan.

As for Jacob, he is somewhat restricted/limited in teleporting anybody in this battle royale.

But even so, like you said, Makarov can use Fairy Law (which is acceptable according to the rules of this tournament), which would pretty much end Jacob's streak.

And if Makarov ever used Fairy Law on Erza, she'd be done for without a doubt. So I still stand by Erza << Makarov.

Makarov would be moving on to the next stage here.
Why is nakagami armour pitiful?
Why is Ajeel the weakest Spriggan?
Jacob's transport acts faster than Fairy Law. Without Lucy, Makarov would never have even left Jacob's space.
Strictly speaking, the strongest person Fairy Law has managed to beat is still Jose. On the other hand, Nakagami armour can take out Ajeel. Not to mention Nakagami armor has the ability to dispel magic, and managed to deal damage on Ajeel's sand body despite being a sword.

I actually have no problem if you say that Makarov moves on to the next round. There's just no reason Erza wouldn't move on either.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Jupiter cannon helped with Ajeel's defeat. However, Nakagami Starlight was still what finally managed to take out Ajeel. An attack that takes out a Spriggan in any capacity is still more impressive than an attack that takes out Wendy and Carla. Dimaria's beams can be seen, and Chelia was able to react to them. Again, just because Wendy or Carla couldn't react to those attacks doesn't mean nobody can. Wendy and Carla are fodders compared to Erza. Also, Wahl's lasers were able to land hits against Laxus - who is much faster than Wendy or Carla. There's no reason to put Dimaria's beams above any of Wahl's attacks.
No, Jupiter literally saved Erza. Erza would've lost against Ajeel if Jupiter didn't hit him. In other words, Ajeel > Erza. Nakagami Starlight wasn't the attack that took down Ajeel, it was part of the attack that took down Ajeel.

How can Di Maria's lazers be seen? They're faster than time..

How is it obvious Gajeel would hide himself? It would be completely out of character. Maybe Minerva will hide. If you're saying both Gajeel and Minerva will choose to hide, then what's stopping everyone else from choosing to hide? All Erza has to do is hide better than Bluenote, Makarov, Orga and Dimaria. If you want to turn this into a hide-and-seek instead of a proper fight then it would be completely random who gets to pass. God Serena has the ability to eliminate anybody on this list. It would just be whoever is the first to engage God Serena.
Gajeel and Minerva can hide. Erza, God Serena, Di Maria, Bluenote, Makarov and Orga can't. Gajeel and Minerva already won this fight from the beginning..

Actually, the example you used when Minerva switched places with Erza doesn't really count.

Here are the reasons...
  1. Erza was the bystander in the fight. It was unexpected for Erza because she had no part in it except the fact that Minerva used a "surprise attack" on her just to get out of fighting against Kagura.
  2. Switching places won't do anything because in a one-on-one match, it will prove useless.
  3. In order for Minerva to switch places with Erza, she has to be able to cast the spell first otherwise it won't work.
1). So? It will be a surprise attack for anyone in this fight?
2). This is not an one-on-one match. It's a battle royale.
3). She won't even need time to cast it, just like she did in the GMG arc and Tartaros arc.

The thing here is that Minerva isn't naturelly faster than Erza. She is only faster when she switch places. How does she do that? By using a spell. In this next panel, Minerva is not using her spell to switch places but it gives us an idea of how it would be like if she did. The only difference between this spell and switching places is that Minerva charged this one and not the other one.

We already saw Erza react faster than Minerva. She used a spell on Erza but Erza was able to slice through it with Nakagami Armor. Think of the spell that Minerva used before as a way of switching places. It can only happen if it hits Erza. As long as she is able to nullify it and blitz Minerva with Nakagami Starlight which we've seen, there is no way she would lose. So, in theory, Erza is still faster.

Besides, this battle is literally about who attacks first. It could go either way. But from what the panels show, Erza definitely has the capability to blitz Minerva before she can even teleport herself.

Plus, even if she could escape from Erza's attack, she doesn't have the power to defeat Erza either.
You're going off-topic now.. We're talking about Minerva's ability to switch places, not about Ih Ragdo. It's a fact that Ih Ragdo needs a longer time to cast.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
1). So? It will be a surprise attack for anyone in this fight?
2). This is not an one-on-one match. It's a battle royale.
3). She won't even need time to cast it, just like she did in the GMG arc and Tartaros arc.
No, it won't be a surprise attack because Erza won't sit there and watch. Any contestant here will be on guard and start off seriously.

First of all, Minerva switching places with someone implies that only two people are involved. If she could switch places with more than one person, that would mean she would need to duplicate herself which is not possible here. Second, I know it isn't a one-on-one match to begin with but the moment the battle starts, the fodders will be eliminated. So it all depends on who is fighting who when it comes down to the last 5 or 6. The chances are, each person will be fighting someone else. I mean, really, is it likely that they will be fighting all 4 or 5 at once? The only person that can possibly achieve that is God Serena because he has AoE as seen when he fought the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura. Everyone else is capable of fighting only one at a time, if not, two max.

The point here being that it is a lot faster to blitz someone than to first cast magic on them, and then switch places.

You're going off-topic now.. We're talking about Minerva's ability to switch places, not about Ih Ragdo. It's a fact that Ih Ragdo needs a longer time to cast.
Like I said, Minerva can't switch places with Erza if she is on guard. Her spell has to be casted on Erza first. In other words, the only way for it to hit Erza is if the spell is instantaneous (meaning about 0.00 nanoseconds) which we have no reason to believe so. Hiro Mashima does this all the time. Spells are used off-panel as a way of saving time and creating "surprises". So as long as there is a little amount of reaction time, Erza will react faster, thereby blitzing Minerva and one-shotting her.

I mean, let's be honest here. According to feats, if Minerva's Territory Magic is as and reliable as you claim, then why did she lose against a Spriggan? Moreover, how did she get captured and crucified? If her speed outclasses Erza and she can teleport herself anywhere (which again, we don't have proof that she could do that instantaneously), then she would have been able to escape. But the fact here is that she didn't. Meaning the magic doesn't work like how we think it does. Space Magic may be OP but like I said, there are always limitations to them.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No, it won't be a surprise attack because Erza won't sit there and watch. Any contestant here will be on guard and start off seriously.
Sit and watch? Erza will attack Minerva in the hope she hasn't time to hide herself, but she will switch places with someone else before Erza strikes. In other words, Minerva is faster than anyone in this battle.

First of all, Minerva switching places with someone implies that only two people are involved. If she could switch places with more than one person, that would mean she would need to duplicate herself which is not possible here. Second, I know it isn't a one-on-one match to begin with but the moment the battle starts, the fodders will be eliminated. So it all depends on who is fighting who when it comes down to the last 5 or 6. The chances are, each person will be fighting someone else. I mean, really, is it likely that they will be fighting all 4 or 5 at once? The only person that can possibly achieve that is God Serena because he has AoE as seen when he fought the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura. Everyone else is capable of fighting only one at a time, if not, two max.
If someone attacks her, she will just switch places with an other opponent. It's just as easy as it said.

No one in this battle is weak. No one will be eliminated within the fist view seconds, because everyone in this fight is powerful.

God Serena is not the only one who can attack multiple opponents at one time. Think about Makarov's Fairy Law and Minerva's Yagdo Rigora.

The point here being that it is a lot faster to blitz someone than to first cast magic on them, and then switch places.

Like I said, Minerva can't switch places with Erza if she is on guard. Her spell has to be casted on Erza first. In other words, the only way for it to hit Erza is if the spell is instantaneous (meaning about 0.00 nanoseconds) which we have no reason to believe so. Hiro Mashima does this all the time. Spells are used off-panel as a way of saving time and creating "surprises". So as long as there is a little amount of reaction time, Erza will react faster, thereby blitzing Minerva and one-shotting her.
No. Kagura and Erza have attacked Minerva multiple times, but she could switch places with ease. She doesn't need 'time' to cast it.

Fact: Teleporting is faster than running.

I mean, let's be honest here. According to feats, if Minerva's Territory Magic is as and reliable as you claim, then why did she lose against a Spriggan? Moreover, how did she get captured and crucified? If her speed outclasses Erza and she can teleport herself anywhere (which again, we don't have proof that she could do that instantaneously), then she would have been able to escape. But the fact here is that she didn't. Meaning the magic doesn't work like how we think it does. Space Magic may be OP but like I said, there are always limitations to them.
Because we don't know a single thing about the Spriggan/Spriggans she faced. We don't know which magic was used against them, maybe it was super effective against Minerva. But even though she lost, that doesn't say she is weaker than Erza. It's a fact that Erza would've lost against Ajeel (the weakest Spriggan up to now) if Jupiter didn't hit him.

Minerva can teleport herself, but then she needs to create an passage with her magic (just how she fled from her fight against Erza and Kagura in the GMG). But if she switch places, she is really fast. Faster than both Kagura and Erza, which is a fact as well, because this is showed in the manga.

In this battle, she will switch places with someone far away if someone tries to attack her. Then, she'll have all the time to hide herself. She doesn't have to do anything from that point, she just need to wait until the fight is over. Her magic is a golden ticket to the next round.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sit and watch? Erza will attack Minerva in the hope she hasn't time to hide herself, but she will switch places with someone else before Erza strikes. In other words, Minerva is faster than anyone in this battle.
But that is exactly my point. The speed in which Erza blitz Minerva is faster than her teleporting herself. We already saw that with Nakagami Starlight. Minerva couldn't react fast enough.

If someone attacks her, she will just switch places with an other opponent. It's just as easy as it said.

No one in this battle is weak. No one will be eliminated within the fist view seconds, because everyone in this fight is powerful.

God Serena is not the only one who can attack multiple opponents at one time. Think about Makarov's Fairy Law and Minerva's Yagdo Rigora.
This is true provided that she has a better reaction time. As we already saw, she can't just switch places immediately. First, she needs to process her situation. Then she casts her spell. Then she teleports. Erza just needs to analyze the battle. Then blitzes Minerva immediately. Simple as that.

Orga is definitely gone within seconds. Makarov is useless as well. He might not get blitzed because of his durability, but I don't see any his attacks posing such a threat. Makarov has not improved over the timeskip at the slightest as he spent his time negotiating. We saw this when he literally inflicted no damage on Jacob, one of the lower ranking Spriggans. The only attack he has that is actually effective is Fairy Law. But due to it's casting time, I am positive that someone will be able to hit him first. From there, he will be forced into a fight and go downhill afterwards. Bluenote is quite similar as well. The way he was portrayed, he joined a fodder guild and didn't do much training. Hence, he was one-shotted by Base Natsu. Although Erza isn't quite on Base Natsu's level, nothing stops her from defeating Bluenote with just a few direct hits.

Makarov's Fairy Law takes time to cast, so I doubt he'll do anything here. That is why I chose Gajeel over Makarov. Makarov has shown disappointing feats so far. He was even unable to imagine how they could defeat any Spriggan when clearly, some aren't as impressive like they were hyped to be. As for Minerva, her AoE is decent but her attack power seems lacking. Not only in the GMG because that was partly influenced by Erza's PoF, but even in the Tartaros Arc. So far, Minerva's AoE isn't sufficient in dealing damage to multiple enemies while God Serena's AoE can. After all, the objective is to incapacitate your enemy, something Minerva probably can't do easily.

No. Kagura and Erza have attacked Minerva multiple times, but she could switch places with ease. She doesn't need 'time' to cast it.

Fact: Teleporting is faster than running.
I don't know about Kagura's speed but let's just say Minerva has better speed than Erza due to teleporting. Her combat speed is not that fast. Erza has quick reactions which is seen when she was teleported right in front of Kagura but then Erza managed to block the attack in a split second. Plus, like I said, it is a lot faster to blitz someone than to cast a spell for teleportation.

Because we don't know a single thing about the Spriggan/Spriggans she faced. We don't know which magic was used against them, maybe it was super effective against Minerva. But even though she lost, that doesn't say she is weaker than Erza. It's a fact that Erza would've lost against Ajeel (the weakest Spriggan up to now) if Jupiter didn't hit him.

Minerva can teleport herself, but then she needs to create an passage with her magic (just how she fled from her fight against Erza and Kagura in the GMG). But if she switch places, she is really fast. Faster than both Kagura and Erza, which is a fact as well, because this is showed in the manga.

In this battle, she will switch places if someone tries to attack her with someone far away from her. Then, she'll have all the time to hide herself. She doesn't have to do anything from that point, she just need to wait until the fight is over. Her magic is a golden ticket to the next round.
Fair enough. It is true we don't know much about the Spriggans, so we'll wait. But I am sure that they aren't that fast. Bloodman doesn't seem like the speed time and I highly doubt Eileen was the one who took out Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus. If I am wrong, I will revisit this discussion and admit that I am wrong. But I can't see how Minerva wouldn't be able to escape according to your theory. That is, unless she doesn't have the capability to do so...

I agree that Erza probably couldn't defeat Ajeel by herself but at the same time, we have to take into consideration that Erza was unable to use magic because of Marin. I will put Ajeel and Erza's as equals. None are really that much stronger than the other although Ajeel probably has the slight edge.

But either way, the point of this fight isn't about hiding. Anybody can do that. If we assume Gajeel and Minerva can always hide without running out of MP, what stops them from being the finalists? In the end, it will be Gajeel vs Minerva because they won't be forced to fight until then. Besides, it is a Battle Royale and not so much a Hiding Royale.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Erza is the only one on this list that has beaten a Spriggan level opponent.
Sorry to burst your bubble (I'm not an Erza hater), but Ajeel was ready/about to kill Erza if not for Bisca's Jupiter.

I'd have to go with

1. God Serena
2. Dimaria [God Soul]
3. Makarov (with Fairy Law)
4. Erza

I'd have Gajeel above Erza if he could go into Dragon Force, but he can't at the time of writing this post. And the only reason I'd put Makarov above Erza is because of Fairy Law and nothing else. I can definitely see Erza defeating God Soul Dimaria, but it's hard to tell since we didn't see much of what Dimaria's God Soul actually does.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
But that is exactly my point. The speed in which Erza blitz Minerva is faster than her teleporting herself. We already saw that with Nakagami Starlight. Minerva couldn't react fast enough.
Minerva couldn't react fast enough because she was about to cast Ih Ragdo. I don't understand why you think Erza is faster than someone who can teleport lol. It just isn't logic.

This is true provided that she has a better reaction time. As we already saw, she can't just switch places immediately. First, she needs to process her situation. Then she casts her spell. Then she teleports. Erza just needs to analyze the battle. Then blitzes Minerva immediately. Simple as that.
Show me when it's stated that she can't switch immediately. She can, which is shown in the manga. I'd like to post the evidence but at the moment I can't. I'll post it later.

Orga is definitely gone within seconds. Makarov is useless as well. He might not get blitzed because of his durability, but I don't see any his attacks posing such a threat. Makarov has not improved over the timeskip at the slightest as he spent his time negotiating. We saw this when he literally inflicted no damage on Jacob, one of the lower ranking Spriggans. The only attack he has that is actually effective is Fairy Law. But due to it's casting time, I am positive that someone will be able to hit him first. From there, he will be forced into a fight and go downhill afterwards. Bluenote is quite similar as well. The way he was portrayed, he joined a fodder guild and didn't do much training. Hence, he was one-shotted by Base Natsu. Although Erza isn't quite on Base Natsu's level, nothing stops her from defeating Bluenote with just a few direct hits.
Bluenote may be fodder, but Orga and Makarov sure aren't. Makarov probably has the best stamina in this fight thanks to his Titan Form. You shouldn't underestimate Orga as well. His spells are the most powerful after God Serena's spells. Orga's spells are high in AoE and doesn't take a long time to cast. But yeah, in the end the two of them won't make the end.

Makarov's Fairy Law takes time to cast, so I doubt he'll do anything here. That is why I chose Gajeel over Makarov. Makarov has shown disappointing feats so far. He was even unable to imagine how they could defeat any Spriggan when clearly, some aren't as impressive like they were hyped to be. As for Minerva, her AoE is decent but her attack power seems lacking. Not only in the GMG because that was partly influenced by Erza's PoF, but even in the Tartaros Arc. So far, Minerva's AoE isn't sufficient in dealing damage to multiple enemies while God Serena's AoE can. After all, the objective is to incapacitate your enemy, something Minerva probably can't do easily.
Makarov surpasses Erza. Erza didn't show me anything that would bring her above Makarov's Titan Form and spells like Fairy Law. Gajeel isn't stronger than Makarov as well, but he'll win this because he can hide.

Yagdo Rigora may not be able to defeat multiple opponents at one time, but it will do damage to them, especially in a battle royale. Anyway, she doesn't even need to cast it. The only thing she needs to do is hide.

I don't know about Kagura's speed but let's just say Minerva has better speed than Erza due to teleporting. Her combat speed is not that fast. Erza has quick reactions which is seen when she was teleported right in front of Kagura but then Erza managed to block the attack in a split second. Plus, like I said, it is a lot faster to blitz someone than to cast a spell for teleportation.
Then show me when Minerva had to 'cast a spell' to teleport. Kagura tried to blitz her as well, but guess what, Minerva was faster.

Fair enough. It is true we don't know much about the Spriggans, so we'll wait. But I am sure that they aren't that fast. Bloodman doesn't seem like the speed time and I highly doubt Eileen was the one who took out Sabertooth and Blue Pegasus. If I am wrong, I will revisit this discussion and admit that I am wrong. But I can't see how Minerva wouldn't be able to escape according to your theory. That is, unless she doesn't have the capability to do so...
Well, if Bloodman uses some type of Possession Magic (it could be possible), Minerva couldn't even have a chance to escape. We shouldn't discuss this though, because we don't know a single thing about them xD.

I agree that Erza probably couldn't defeat Ajeel by herself but at the same time, we have to take into consideration that Erza was unable to use magic because of Marin. I will put Ajeel and Erza's as equals. None are really that much stronger than the other although Ajeel probably has the slight edge.
When was it stated she couldn't use her magic?

But either way, the point of this fight isn't about hiding. Anybody can do that. If we assume Gajeel and Minerva can always hide without running out of MP, what stops them from being the finalists? In the end, it will be Gajeel vs Minerva because they won't be forced to fight until then. Besides, it is a Battle Royale and not so much a Hiding Royale.
I disagree. The only one in this fight who are able to hide are Minerva and Gajeel. You could be right that Gajeel couldn't use his shadow form for very long, but Minerva can hide herself as long as she wants which is shown. In fact, that's an ability from her magic. This is a battle royale, so Minerva won't be touched. But if she'd hide in an one-on-one fight, there won't be an outcome. So in the end, she must fight in a solo battle.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is nakagami armour pitiful?
Why is Ajeel the weakest Spriggan?
Jacob's transport acts faster than Fairy Law. Without Lucy, Makarov would never have even left Jacob's space.
Strictly speaking, the strongest person Fairy Law has managed to beat is still Jose. On the other hand, Nakagami armour can take out Ajeel. Not to mention Nakagami armor has the ability to dispel magic, and managed to deal damage on Ajeel's sand body despite being a sword.

I actually have no problem if you say that Makarov moves on to the next round. There's just no reason Erza wouldn't move on either.

Nakagami armor itself isn't pitiful. Nakagami armor being Erza's strongest is pitiful because she couldn't beat Ajeel without Jupiter's help.

Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan because he has the lowest intelligence, he is cocky, has average offense, and has low durability. He was the most overconfident Spriggan and was the first to fall.

Even Wahl said Ajeel was not Spriggan worthy. And nobody said anything about the other Spriggans when they fell.

Instead of questioning me, ask yourself honestly. Do you really think that Ajeel wins in a 1v1 against Jacob?

Also, again, Jacob is somewhat restricted/limited on his transport for this battle. He won't even be able to kill Makarov.

Fairy Law doesn't take long to cast, it's up to the user. So Jacob would be ultimately screwed if Makarov ever chose to use Fairy Law.

Makarov actually has the ability to dispel magic too. The reason why Jose is the strongest FL has ever beaten because that was the last time that it was really used.

Are you trying to tell me Nakagami Armor > Fairy Law????

Because I highly doubt that, you and I both know that Fairy Law is considered a legendary spell while Nakagami Armor is just your average magic.

By the way, cutting through Ajeel is no real feat. Anybody who can stand a chance against a Spriggan can cut Ajeel.

I have no doubt that Makarov >> Erza.

As for who moves on to the next stage, again, as I said before, I respect your opinion, so I'm not going to bother arguing on what you chose. All I'm saying is that Makarov >> Erza.

For me, Minerva moves on instead of Erza because her territory magic is quite formidable and is more effective in this battle royale compared to all other magic. Plus, she is pretty skilled (not counting the times she lost against PoF obviously) and is Sabertooth's ace.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
For me, Minerva moves on instead of Erza because her territory magic is quite formidable and is more effective in this battle royale compared to all other magic. Plus, she is pretty skilled (not counting the times she lost against PoF obviously) and is Sabertooth's ace.
Exactly this. Finally someone who understands that Minerva already win this battle royale thanks to her Territory Magic. But yeah, I think we all know it will be Erza who receives the most votes because there are a lot Erza fans here. And yeah, she's Erza after all..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Here are the reasons why I think Minerva will move to the next stage.

1). The most important of all: she can hide.

She could stay away as long as she wants. No one will even have the opportunity to attack her. In other words, she has a major advantage in a battle royale like this.

She could come back in the middle of a battle between any opponents that participate in this battle royale. Not that she'll need to, though.

2). If someone tries to attack her before she escapes, she could switch places with the attacker or someone else in the battle field.

As you can see, Kagura tried to blitz Minerva. But in the end, Minerva was fast enough to switch places with Erza before she could hit her. Minerva would be able to switch places with someone before she is hit by any attack that is fired at her.

The participant in this battle royale with the best speed is Erza without a doubt. But Minerva was fast enough to switch places with Erza before she landed an attack at her during their fight in the Tartaros arc.

3). She could teleport others away if she needs to.

4). With Yagdo Rigora, she could hit multiple opponents in one shot.

Her God War Magic is pretty powerful when it comes to AoE. Plus it doesn't take a lot time to cast it compared to other high AoE spells like Grand Chariot.

This fight is given to Minerva. I can't see a way how she couldn't get through a battle royale. Her magic Territory will bring her through the next round without a doubt.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sorry to burst your bubble (I'm not an Erza hater), but Ajeel was ready/about to kill Erza if not for Bisca's Jupiter.

I'd have to go with

1. God Serena
2. Dimaria [God Soul]
3. Makarov (with Fairy Law)
4. Erza

I'd have Gajeel above Erza if he could go into Dragon Force, but he can't at the time of writing this post. And the only reason I'd put Makarov above Erza is because of Fairy Law and nothing else. I can definitely see Erza defeating God Soul Dimaria, but it's hard to tell since we didn't see much of what Dimaria's God Soul actually does.
Erza wouldn't have beaten Ajeel without Bisca's help. I never contested this. That doesn't change the fact that she is still the strongest person after God Serena and Dimaria. Nobody else on this list has beaten a Spriggan. Nobody else on this has damaged a Spriggan to the extent Erza has, help or no help.

Nakagami armor itself isn't pitiful. Nakagami armor being Erza's strongest is pitiful because she couldn't beat Ajeel without Jupiter's help.

Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan because he has the lowest intelligence, he is cocky, has average offense, and has low durability. He was the most overconfident Spriggan and was the first to fall.

Even Wahl said Ajeel was not Spriggan worthy. And nobody said anything about the other Spriggans when they fell.

Instead of questioning me, ask yourself honestly. Do you really think that Ajeel wins in a 1v1 against Jacob?

Also, again, Jacob is somewhat restricted/limited on his transport for this battle. He won't even be able to kill Makarov.

Fairy Law doesn't take long to cast, it's up to the user. So Jacob would be ultimately screwed if Makarov ever chose to use Fairy Law.

Makarov actually has the ability to dispel magic too. The reason why Jose is the strongest FL has ever beaten because that was the last time that it was really used.

Are you trying to tell me Nakagami Armor > Fairy Law????

Because I highly doubt that, you and I both know that Fairy Law is considered a legendary spell while Nakagami Armor is just your average magic.

By the way, cutting through Ajeel is no real feat. Anybody who can stand a chance against a Spriggan can cut Ajeel.

I have no doubt that Makarov >> Erza.

As for who moves on to the next stage, again, as I said before, I respect your opinion, so I'm not going to bother arguing on what you chose. All I'm saying is that Makarov >> Erza.

Not being able to beat Ajeel without help simply means Ajeel was stronger than Erza. It doesn't mean Nakagami being her strongest armor is pitiful. Ajeel is not the weakest Spriggan either. Neinhart said Wahl and Dimaria were pathetic. Ajeel called God Serena a weakling. At this point, Wahl badmouthing Ajeel means nothing.

If we restrict Jacob's ability to teleport, then yes. I entirely believe Ajeel can take Jacob in a 1v1. He doesn't have to be stronger, but Ajeel is no weaker than Jacob. You're the one saying he's the weakest of the Spriggans. I'm simply saying he's no weaker than any Spriggan we've seen.Jacob's transport is temporary in this battle. However Jacob is free to kill anyone in his transport during the time he has them, no? The only reason everyone is even still alive was because he using them as leverage against Mavis for revealing Fairy Heart's location. This doesn't change the fact that in the manga, Makarov would have never had the chance to move against Jacob had it not been for Lucy.

How is Nakagami armor your average magic? It's an armour that no mage who has attempted to wear it has been able to wear for 10 years, has the ability to dispel magic, and has a sword that is hyped to be invincible. When compared to Fairy Law, it has taken out stronger opponents.
Exactly this. Finally someone who understands that Minerva already win this battle royale thanks to her Territory Magic. But yeah, I think we all know it will be Erza who receives the most votes because there are a lot Erza fans here. And yeah, she's Erza after all..
Here are the reason why I think Minerva will move to the next stage.

1). The most important of all: she can hide.

She could stay away as long as she wants. No one will even have the opportunity to attack her. In other words, she has a major advantage in a battle royale like this.

She could come back in the middle of a battle between any opponents that participate in this battle royale. Not that she'll need to, though.

2). If someone tries to attack her before she escapes, she could switch places with the attacker or someone else in the battle field.

As you can see, Kagura tried to blitz Minerva. But in the end, Minerva was fast enough to switch places with Erza before she could hit her. Minerva would be able to switch places with someone before she is hit by any attack that is fired at her.

The participant in this battle royale with the best speed is Erza without a doubt. But Minerva was fast enough to switch places with Erza before she landed an attack at her during their fight in the Tartaros arc.

3). She could teleport others away if she needs to.

4). With Yagdo Rigora, she could hit multiple opponents in one shot.

Her God War Magic is pretty powerful when it comes to AoE. Plus it doesn't take a lot time to cast it compared to other high AoE spells like Grand Chariot.

This fight is given to Minerva. I can't see a way how she couldn't get through a battle royale. Her magic Territory will bring her through the next round without a doubt.
If you think Minerva passes because she can hide and Erza doesn't, then you should be opposed to the idea that Makaro passes as well. According to you, Makarov would be eliminated for the same reason as Erza is. God Serena would eliminate Makarov as fast as she eliminates Erza. Assuming Minerva makes the mistake of engaging him, she would immediately be eliminated as well - teleportation or no.

Minerva's war god magic can be tanked completely by someone of Kagura's level. Nobody on this list can be taken out by her. On the other hand, Erza has the means of beating Minerva with her bare fists. She doesn't even need a sword or armor to hold her own against Minerva. That's the difference in power-level we're talking about here.
[
Also, what this battle proves is that while Minerva is fast enough to switch places once or twice with Erza in a battle, ultimately Erza has the speed to immediately rebound and beat Minerva into submission. Nakagami armour also has the ability to completely neutralize Minerva's ragdo.

--- Double Post Merged, ---
No, Jupiter literally saved Erza. Erza would've lost against Ajeel if Jupiter didn't hit him. In other words, Ajeel > Erza. Nakagami Starlight wasn't the attack that took down Ajeel, it was part of the attack that took down Ajeel.

How can Di Maria's lazers be seen? They're faster than time..

Gajeel and Minerva can hide. Erza, God Serena, Di Maria, Bluenote, Makarov and Orga can't. Gajeel and Minerva already won this fight from the beginning..
Again, I am not contesting that Ajeel would have beaten Erza if not for Jupiter cannon, but Erza's nakagami starlight was still the final attack that took down Ajeel. Erza was also injuring Ajeel before Jupiter cannon even landed. Makarov did no significant damage to Jacob. I don't even consider the damage Makarov dealt to Jacob to be more substantial than the cuts Erza gave to Ajeel, let alone whatever portion of the damage Nakagami Starlight managed to inflict. Dimaria's beams are not faster than time. Carla managed to push Wendy out of the way. Chelia managed to step in front of it and flick it away.

God Serena doesn't need to hide. He can stand his ground against all of the other contestants. Why can't Erza, Dimaria, Bluenote, Makarov, or Orga hide? They don't need to hide as well as Minerva or Gajeel. They just need to hide better than each other. Assuming that Gajeel goes out of character and opts to hide and Minerva does the same, all Erza has to do is run away and avoid getting taken out before the rest of them does.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
If you think Minerva passes because she can hide and Erza doesn't, then you should be opposed to the idea that Makaro passes as well. According to you, Makarov would be eliminated for the same reason as Erza is. God Serena would eliminate Makarov as fast as she eliminates Erza. Assuming Minerva makes the mistake of engaging him, she would immediately be eliminated as well - teleportation or no.

Minerva's war god magic can be tanked completely by someone of Kagura's level. Nobody on this list can be taken out by her. On the other hand, Erza has the means of beating Minerva with her bare fists. She doesn't even need a sword or armor to hold her own against Minerva. That's the difference in power-level we're talking about here.
[
I've never said that I think Makarov would be one of the four winners. In fact, I've ranked him at 6th place in my ranking. The mages I think that would move to the next round are Di Maria, God Serena, Gajeel and Minerva (as seen in a previous post). And yes, I do think that Makarov would be the defeated the same way as Erza will.

Once the fight start, the only thing Minerva needs to do is hide. She won't be touched by any spell from God Serena or another opponent, because she won't even have to appear before there are four mages defeated.

I agree with you that Yagdo Rigora won't defeat anyone in this fight, but it will do damage to the most of the opponents. Anyway, she doesn't even need to use it in a battle royale lol.

Minerva was not herself in her 'fight' against Erza in the Tartaros arc. As you can see in the images you posted, she loses control over everything. If she'd be her normal self, Erza won't have a chance to fight her without an armor. This is a fact, since she needed Nakagami Armor after a long fight to defeat her back in the Grand Magic Games.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've never said that I think Makarov would be one of the four winners. In fact, I've ranked him at 6th place in my ranking. The mages I think that would move to the next round are Di Maria, God Serena, Gajeel and Minerva (as seen in a previous post). And yes, I do think that Makarov would be the defeated the same way as Erza will.

Once the fight start, the only thing Minerva needs to do is hide. She won't be touched by any spell from God Serena or another opponent, because she won't even have to appear before there are four mages defeated.

I agree with you that Yagdo Rigora won't defeat anyone in this fight, but it will do damage to the most of the opponents. Anyway, she doesn't even need to use it in a battle royale lol.

Minerva was not herself in her 'fight' against Erza in the Tartaros arc. As you can see in the images you posted, she loses control over everything. If she'd be her normal self, Erza won't have a chance to fight her without an armor. This is a fact, since she needed Nakagami Armor after a long fight to defeat her back in the Grand Magic Games.
This is all under the assumption that Minerva's first reaction would be to hide. If she makes the mistake of engaging God Serena in any fashion, she would likely just be oneshotted. Orga and Minerva are well within God Serena's oneshot range. Mages on par with Jura might survive 2-3 dragon slaying attacks. Dimaria can probably give Serena a mid or high diff match.

Erza had a crushed leg during the GMG. Even then, Erza was still landing hits against Minerva and making Minerva frustrated. This was prior to releasing second origin. After releasing second origin, we had their encounter in the Tartarus arc.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Again, I am not contesting that Ajeel would have beaten Erza if not for Jupiter cannon, but Erza's nakagami starlight was still the final attack that took down Ajeel. Erza was also injuring Ajeel before Jupiter cannon even landed. Makarov did no significant damage to Jacob. I don't even consider the damage Makarov dealt to Jacob to be more substantial than the cuts Erza gave to Ajeel, let alone whatever portion of the damage Nakagami Starlight managed to inflict.
Fair enough, but Jupiter was still the attack that defeated Ajeel.

Dimaria's beams are not faster than time. Carla managed to push Wendy out of the way. Chelia managed to step in front of it and flick it away.
Carla can look in the future.

Chelia used Third Origin plus she is a God Slayer. In other words, her magic is super effective against Di Maria.

It's literally stated in the manga that Di Maria's beams can't be seen.

God Serena doesn't need to hide. He can stand his ground against all of the other contestants. Why can't Erza, Dimaria, Bluenote, Makarov, or Orga hide? They don't need to hide as well as Minerva or Gajeel. They just need to hide better than each other. Assuming that Gajeel goes out of character and opts to hide and Minerva does the same, all Erza has to do is run away and avoid getting taken out before the rest of them does.
Erza can't just hide by running away lol. She'll be spammed by Di Maria's lazer beams or hold down by Bluenote's Gravity Magic. It's different for Minerva and Gajeel. If they hide, they just can't be touched. They're smart enough (especially Minerva) to hide until the battle is over.

This is all under the assumption that Minerva's first reaction would be to hide. If she makes the mistake of engaging God Serena in any fashion, she would likely just be oneshotted. Orga and Minerva are well within God Serena's oneshot range. Mages on par with Jura might survive 2-3 dragon slaying attacks. Dimaria can probably give Serena a mid or high diff match.
Ofcourse Minerva will hide in the beginning of the fight. Her strategy literally is to hide herself so all her opponents will fight each other so she hasn't to do anything herself. Facts.

Erza had a crushed leg during the GMG. Even then, Erza was still landing hits against Minerva and making Minerva frustrated. This was prior to releasing second origin. After releasing second origin, we had their encounter in the Tartarus arc.
Minerva didn't need to fight Erza, but in the end she did because she had to do something to bring Sabertooth to victory. In a battle royale like this, she only needs to wait before four mages are defeated. And yeah, she will hide. It's her strategy after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.