Group - Group D Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D Battle Royale

Group D: Pick your top 4!

• Brandish μ

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Gildarts Clive

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • Ignia (Human Form)

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Kiria

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Skullion Raider

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: August 7th

Character List, Info, and Limitations:
CharactersInfo and Limitations
Brandish μ
Gajeel Redfox
Gildarts Clive
Ignia (Human Form)In human form
Irene BelserionCan use dragon form
Kiria
Skullion Raider
Suzaku

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This one is rather easy, I'll have to go with Ignia, Suzaku, Irene, & Gildarts.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
The 4 strongest are Ignia, Irene, Gildarts and Suzaku for me.

However this is a battle royal : since Ignia is battle crazed, I imagine he will release his most powerful flames all over the battlefield all at once. The 4 winners would then be Ignia and 3 who resisted longer than the others.

So to Irene, Gildarts and Suzaku who are clear choices, I would add another : Brandish (you didn't see that coming, did you :teehee )

Indeed, Ignia is a rather small dragon compared to big dragons like Merc or Aldo. If Brandish went country size, yes her lower legs would probably be completely burned off but she would still survive. And she may endure serious Ignia longer than people who are stronger than her that way (since he's not focusing on her)

She could even make the ground below her country level high and completely escape Ignia's wrath.

So my 2 picks would be Ignia and Brandish, now I'm still not sure the 2 I'll pick between Irene, Gildarts and Suzaku for surviving Ignia longer.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
However this is a battle royal : since Ignia is battle crazed, I imagine he will release his most powerful flames all over the battlefield all at once. The 4 winners would then be Ignia and 3 who resisted longer than the others.
This is true, one full powered heavy AoE attack from Ignia could one-shot anyone here all at once, so it goes to the ones who could resist him the best. Gildarts may be able to resist with his Crash Magic by crashing just enough to avoid serious injury, but we have no proof that he could crash DG tier magic. Irene, if in Dragon Form may be able to fly into the air and avoid the attack assuming she can transform fast enough and is fast enough to avoid the AoE attack that Ignia may release.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

She could even make the ground below her country level high and completely escape Ignia's wrath.
Honestly, this is a solid tactic if she is fast enough to make a pillar below her large and tall enough she may avoid an attack by having the attack destroy the pillar underneath her rather than being hit herself.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
This should be fairly easy:

1. Ignia (human)
2. Suzaku
3. Gildarts
4. Eileen

This is true, one full powered heavy AoE attack from Ignia could one-shot anyone here all at once, so it goes to the ones who could resist him the best. Gildarts may be able to resist with his Crash Magic by crashing just enough to avoid serious injury, but we have no proof that he could crash DG tier magic. Irene, if in Dragon Form may be able to fly into the air and avoid the attack assuming she can transform fast enough and is fast enough to avoid the AoE attack that Ignia may release.
Suzaku has actual feats of tanking everything human Selene threw at him......

IIRC he (along wit Natsu), also tanked the fire blast Ignia emitted. Though Ignia clearly wasn't going out there, he did manage to melt those walls (which may just be related to him being DG or him being that powerful)

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
In my opinion, it's not even a challenge here : Ignia, Eileen, Gildarts and Suzaku are highly above the others here

Reactions: Tio

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Suzaku has actual feats of tanking everything human Selene threw at him......
Yes, he did. But I'm doubtful that she was going all out with the attacks she was using against someone struggling against someone weaker than her, If a DG uses a full powered attack against (currently) anyone but another DG it would result in a one-shot unless they could avoid it. Brandish could create a large pillar underneath her to be hit in her place, Dragon Irene may be capabile of flying out of the way, Gildarts maybe (a big maybe) able to Crash just enough to avoid heavy damage. Suzaku may be able to cut through the attack.

It really comes down to whoever can last the longest with Ignia around since there isn't anyone else in his tier to distract him.

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Yes, he did. But I'm doubtful that she was going all out with the attacks she was using against someone struggling against someone weaker than her, If a DG uses a full powered attack against (currently) anyone but another DG it would result in a one-shot unless they could avoid it. Brandish could create a large pillar underneath her to be hit in her place, Dragon Irene may be capabile of flying out of the way, Gildarts maybe (a big maybe) able to Crash just enough to avoid heavy damage. Suzaku may be able to cut through the attack.

It really comes down to whoever can last the longest with Ignia around since there isn't anyone else in his tier to distract him.
Maybe she wasn't going all out. But she herself stated that Suzaku > her human form?

There is no proof that any human DG can one shot Suzaku. Suzaku has been tanking countless attacks from human Selene and human Dogramag. He also tanked the attack from Ignia which melted off the walls of the labrynth.

Of everyone here, Suzaku has the actual feats of tanking attacks from human DG tiers, bar the human DGs themselves.

Given how fast Ignia is (as expected of his tier), dragon Eileen isn't flying away anywhere.
Brandish dies before even reacting.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Maybe she wasn't going all out. But she herself stated that Suzaku > her human form?
She also said she could handle Dogramag herself had Ignia not wounded her, Dogramag is confirmed to be the weakest DG which directly implies that Selene is more powerful than him.

No DG has hit him with a full powered attack nor has any DG have been fully serious against him, even Selene's fight against him was a feign in order to get to Georg.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
She also said she could handle Dogramag herself had Ignia not wounded her, Dogramag is confirmed to be the weakest DG which directly implies that Selene is more powerful than him.

No DG has hit him with a full powered attack nor has any DG have been fully serious against him, even Selene's fight against him was a feign in order to get to Georg.
Dogramag was the weakest before, doesn't mean he is now.
Like how Aldo grew a lot stronger over 100+ years after Acno destroyed him and left. I'd think the same happened for Dogramag too.

But yes, I agree there is contradiction in her statements. Mashima be retconning Selene every 2 chapters lmao.

Anyway, point was about attack power.
Dogramag's attacks are getting tanked. It's just that he is way too tanky to be damaged by Natsu or Suzaku. Well, neither of them are going all out with their attack power, so we can't say for sure.

Also, not denying human Ignia can take down Suzaku.
My argument is about the "one shot". Nah, I don't think so.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
My argument is about the "one shot". Nah, I don't think so.
Even if it isn't a one-shot, it's certainly an extremely low-diff if they go all out from the start rather than playing around or faking it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But yes, I agree there is contradiction in her statements. Mashima be retconning Selene every 2 chapters lmao.
Her personality is good for it, she's a known liar and manipulator.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Even if it isn't a one-shot, it's certainly an extremely low-diff if they go all out from the start rather than playing around or faking it.
Unless we get to see some illusion spell from Selene, you don't get to fake getting cut and bleeding out a bucket of blood.

That attack undoubtedly dealt significant damage to Selene.

Her personality is good for it, she's a known liar and manipulator.
It hasn't been stated yet that she lied.
She had no reason to anyway, she already proved she could stomp Suzaku with her dragon form.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Unless we get to see some illusion spell from Selene, you don't get to fake getting cut and bleeding out a bucket of blood.

That attack undoubtedly dealt significant damage to Selene.
I'm doubtful it was that significant, it likely looked far worse than it actually was considering she fully healed the moment she went into her Dragon Form, if she could heal severe injuries by transforming, she would have done so to heal what Ignia did to her.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I'm doubtful it was that significant, it likely looked far worse than it actually was considering she fully healed the moment she went into her Dragon Form, if she could heal severe injuries by transforming, she would have done so to heal what Ignia did to her.
Explain how you could bleed that much and get cut, without it being significant.

Natsu heals after getting dragon force, which is basically him getting closer to his dragon form. So, there is precedence.

And it isn't even really an outlier.

Natsu healed of an hole in his body against Animus.
Natsu got completely skewered at several places by Aldoron, healed up after dragon force.

Even with the whole Ignia thing.
Selene's chest + abdomen area in the dragon form got completly vapourized. Doesn't look like her human form is missing a heart, lung and stomach to me

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Kiria has more feats than Suzaku, Suzakus feat with Selene was a ruse. Kirias loss to Luxus was because of Faris White Out.
Ignia, Irene, Gildarts and Kiria.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
  1. Ignia
  2. Irene
  3. Gildarts
  4. Suzaku

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That's same as saying Kiria > BDSK. She is not one of them there not on their level.
Shouldn't any one of them be able to one-shot her either with brute strength (Kirin & Suzaku) or hax (Haku & Misaki via Blue Dimension)

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Gildarts, Ignia, Irene, Suzaku are my picks for now.