Shounen - Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Haikyuu!! by FURUDATE Haruichi

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Got spoiled of Karasuno's defeat (...) so I checked future chapters. It's all nice and all, but I don't understand why Karasuno had to lose, or why the story of that year was so important for us to see, if Karasuno actually performed better later (earning a 3rd place, god forbid the main team actually winning the Nationals). Feeling kinda broken hearted ngl, lol. I guess Japan will win the Olympics (or lose in the final) or sth like that.

Funny that Oikawa was my favourite character and he ended up in Argentina, what are the odds...

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I didn't think we'd get to see the quick attack anymore but wow, Atsumu's amazing. So far most of the focus has been on Hinata. The game is stacked, everyone else is going to start strutting their stuff pretty soon

Got spoiled of Karasuno's defeat (...) so I checked future chapters. It's all nice and all, but I don't understand why Karasuno had to lose, or why the story of that year was so important for us to see, if Karasuno actually performed better later (earning a 3rd place, god forbid the main team actually winning the Nationals). Feeling kinda broken hearted ngl, lol. I guess Japan will win the Olympics (or lose in the final) or sth like that.

Funny that Oikawa was my favourite character and he ended up in Argentina, what are the odds...
Karasuno was a reformed team that year. They got so good at an incredible pace and tbh somehow for me, them winning or losing was not something that could be decided easily. Definitely would've been nice for them to win, but there were other monster teams that sometimes hard countered them. I feel perhaps they could have gone all the way if Hinata could keep going but I felt it was a good enough conclusion. The way it was left open ended was pretty nice imo. It's also not that surprising they performed better in later years. The first years were so integral in the team. They gained more experience and the VB team generally got a complete makeover in terms of popularity and visibility. It also got Hinata to learn to take better care of his body which is very important. Honestly would've loved them to win, but I mean, thing is, wanting the 3rd years to win was an the heart of that and considering the team was absolute shambles prior, it may have also been to cliche for them to win. At the same time, the team was good enough that going all the way was believable. That's why I sorta like how it ended. Bit like finding the perfect balance

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I didn't think we'd get to see the quick attack anymore but wow, Atsumu's amazing. So far most of the focus has been on Hinata. The game is stacked, everyone else is going to start strutting their stuff pretty soon

Karasuno was a reformed team that year. They got so good at an incredible pace and tbh somehow for me, them winning or losing was not something that could be decided easily. Definitely would've been nice for them to win, but there were other monster teams that sometimes hard countered them. I feel perhaps they could have gone all the way if Hinata could keep going but I felt it was a good enough conclusion. The way it was left open ended was pretty nice imo. It's also not that surprising they performed better in later years. The first years were so integral in the team. They gained more experience and the VB team generally got a complete makeover in terms of popularity and visibility. It also got Hinata to learn to take better care of his body which is very important. Honestly would've loved them to win, but I mean, thing is, wanting the 3rd years to win was an the heart of that and considering the team was absolute shambles prior, it may have also been to cliche for them to win. At the same time, the team was good enough that going all the way was believable. That's why I sorta like how it ended. Bit like finding the perfect balance
Considering what is probably the biggest sports shonen ever doesn't have the main team winning either, I would hardly call it a cliche. Maybe the author was affraid of it feeling like some sort of closure even if he had more yet to draw, idk.

I really hope this isn't the final match at all btw, there are hardly any stakes not investment with anyone that isn't Hinata. I was really hoping we would reach the Japan Olympics but this being "the final arc" and "the final boss" don't really mesh well with the idea.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think we'll get to see nationals. Honestly I don't know what to expect, but so far I haven't been disappointed so I think I'll like it either way

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
You mean Olympics Holtie?

I would be disappointed if this is the last match for sure, even if on the other team there are 3 rivals of Hinaya. But overall I don't think that will be the case.

baqar khani

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
No chapter this week!

Mariyan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
OHHHHHHHHHH OMG wowwwwwwww

Even fukuradani was eleminated and didnt go to finale atm , i did not see it . I am now surprised

P.S Edit:

it seems that i made a mistake through reading the RAW, it seem that they did not won the nationals:SOON however i still praise and love HQ a lot:luv

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
OHHHHHHHHHH OMG wowwwwwwww

Even fukuradani was eleminated and didnt go to finale atm , i did not see it . I am now surprised
I didn't think the author would go as far as trying to make absolutely everyone unhappy with the ending of that tournament, yet here we are...

Mariyan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I didn't think the author would go as far as trying to make absolutely everyone unhappy with the ending of that tournament, yet here we are...
it seems that i made a mistake through reading the RAW, it seem that they did not won the nationals:SOON however i still praise and love HQ a lot:luv

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the constant appearances by previous characters and seeing where and what they are up to these days.

Looking forward to Kuroo's appearance.

Hinata x Atsumu is the best new ship (still hardcore tsukihina).

Ushiwaka meeting Iwaizumi was the best.

Am thinking this is the final match.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Haikyuu!! best line up poll was pretty amazing, especially regarding Kageyama barely getting 1st place setter, and Atsumu coming lte but getting to be third, out performing Kenma even!

Tsukishima getting 3rd MB was expected since TsukiHina is best and Kuroo was always a popular one too.

Yaku would have been my choice for libero, but being 2nd to Nishinoya is expected.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I love the constant appearances by previous characters and seeing where and what they are up to these days.

Looking forward to Kuroo's appearance.

Hinata x Atsumu is the best new ship (still hardcore tsukihina).

Ushiwaka meeting Iwaizumi was the best.

Am thinking this is the final match.

Haikyuu!! best line up poll was pretty amazing, especially regarding Kageyama barely getting 1st place setter, and Atsumu coming lte but getting to be third, out performing Kenma even!

Tsukishima getting 3rd MB was expected since TsukiHina is best and Kuroo was always a popular one too.

Yaku would have been my choice for libero, but being 2nd to Nishinoya is expected.
Hm, isn't Kenma pretty unpopular in Japan? I recall being surprised by how poor he usually ranked despite being a character with a lot of focus in a popular school.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chp 397---

Already in the middle of set 4 of 5, wouldn't have the manga ending on Chapter 400, right.

I always love the flashback scene using previous matches. Love them especially with Hinata being crushed by Ushiwaka.

ThunderStorm

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
398 - Happy birthday, King. You deserve that amazing receive. Your growth and development is incredible.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
So many page spreads, beautiful chapter

Chapter today was fantastic, the banners were great for every team.

Verily feels like the end and it could be more satisfying than this.

ItsSamu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
401 was absolutely everything you could ask for in a Haikyuu!! chapter. Hinata winning in the end thanks to a combination of his beach volleyball skills and him being the Greatest Decoy was perfect. Great seeing Kuroo back. Love all the interactions between the rest of the cast, especially since we might not see most of them again. The one panel with the five Karasuno 1st years laughing was the quietest panel in a bombastic chapter but I loved seeing them all together again.

Hinata and Kageyama are in the National team together for the Olympics like many of us expected - can't wait to see how this last chapter plays out! We might not have gotten a full Olympics arc but this should suffice.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
THough the match would last a bit longer, still, loved this half year or so of AtsuHina stuff lol.

Also some of the characters comments make me wish more for seeing the cast play random games against each other vs olympics...Oh well.

Olympic characters should include Oikawa (why have him train around the world???) and Ushiwaka at least. I guess Atsumu is a contender as well as Bokuto...Dont know if Hoshiumi or Sakusa really need more.

Sad Kuroo didn't keep playing volleyball.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
If we don't get an Olympics arc I'm gonna be beyond butthurt.

THough the match would last a bit longer, still, loved this half year or so of AtsuHina stuff lol.

Also some of the characters comments make me wish more for seeing the cast play random games against each other vs olympics...Oh well.

Olympic characters should include Oikawa (why have him train around the world???) and Ushiwaka at least. I guess Atsumu is a contender as well as Bokuto...Dont know if Hoshiumi or Sakusa really need more.

Sad Kuroo didn't keep playing volleyball.
I think all of those you mentioned are in (except maybe Sakusa). I would give Noya a shout too.

Kinda sad about Kuroo ngl :/

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
If we don't get an Olympics arc I'm gonna be beyond butthurt.

I think all of those you mentioned are in (except maybe Sakusa). I would give Noya a shout too.

Kinda sad about Kuroo ngl :/
I think we're going to see a lot of familiar faces from the last match in the nationals team. I know it's unlikely (and I'm admittedly biased) but it would be oh so perfect if Tsukki was there as a blocker as well. He's gotten just as much development as Hinata and Kageyama over the years, would love to see him play again one last time.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think we're going to see a lot of familiar faces from the last match in the nationals team. I know it's unlikely (and I'm admittedly biased) but it would be oh so perfect if Tsukki was there as a blocker as well. He's gotten just as much development as Hinata and Kageyama over the years, would love to see him play again one last time.
Same but the fact that he is playing for a second division team shows quite a gap in skill between him and the other two, so I don't think it's likely, unfortunately :/

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Same but the fact that he is playing for a second division team shows quite a gap in skill between him and the other two, so I don't think it's likely, unfortunately :/
I know, unless something happened between then and 2021 but even then it's wishful thinking. Would be the cherry on top but won't ruin the ending if it doesn't happen.