Voting Round 2 - Hana vs. Re-L Mayer | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Hana vs. Re-L Mayer

Who wins?

• Hana

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Re-L Mayer

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hana
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
-
Re-L Mayer
Ergo Proxy

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hana vs Re-l :pout

im so sad thay has to face each other, love them both for different reasons. both are great nomination, im still amazed they ve been nominated :)
Hana is a wondeful mother from Okami kodomo, one of my fave anime movies, Rel is one of my all time favourite char, im torn, both are great, Hana is probably more waifu material du than re-l while rel benefits form a better developpment a more interesting personality. I will be happy if any of them win.
Popularity wise, Okami kodomo reception was great (its still a manga that has been adapted into a movie), and it is probably more famous than EP (which is animle orginal)which is still considered as "niche" somehow.
I love both characters, hesitated a lot, but will be faithful to Re-l, but i really love Hana too, thats so crual

still want to share some Okami art :

Re-l art , her design is so awesome :zomg !

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'd say Hana, because her story, despite being tragic, was also extremely beautiful.
Besides, she's a bona fide Waifu!

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I've never seen Ergo Proxy, but this Re-L chick looks like my type.

I have seen Wolf Children, and there's a scene involving a truck that has all but sealed my vote for Hana. Will wait until later on.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@ demon-kun, about the wolf thing, to me Wolf children is a story about difference, i see the wolfmen as an allegory, and Hana loving one of them and raising wolf children, as a woman struggling to love and live with someone who is different and rejected by society, yeah a strory about exclusion, isolation, assimilation, society (best and worst aspects) and about how is it to be a person that is different from the mass (might be physisally or not) yeah its a lovely movie.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Re-l art , her design is so awesome :zomg !
Erin, Re-L is much more than her design :noworry

Let's be honest, how many of the nominees in this contest have been forced to be humbled by a world that no longer wants them? A world that they never even understood, despite their arrogance? I said before that Re-L had to grow up fast - what that means is that she had no childhood, she was artificially aged. How many juvenile and idiotic waifus can have that good of an excuse for their behavior? And yet, by the end of Ergo Proxy, she's much more human than any ignoramuses still stuck in their domed cities (or many other "waifus" mentioned in this competition :grumble)

If that wasn't already hard enough, she's also an adoptive parent to Pino (along with Vincent Law). Pino was discard by her family when her parents were finally able to have a "real" child. So a woman who barely had a childhood herself was forced into becoming a mother in a post-apocalyptic hellscape despite being "discarded" herself.

Credit: noctis0312

Seriously, she has to look after these two in this kind of hostile environment...

Pino's face when you refuse to vote for Re-L:

While also looking like a snack and being a badass -

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
still voted re-l though
( i think its not only hana as a character but the whole story that stands out ( + animated by madhouse^^ :hmph)
Exactly this. At first sight this struck me as a tough match-up (because I love both Wolf Children and Ergo Proxy) but when you look at the characters it’s gotta be Re-L.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
gotta vote for the girl who can actually take care of herself.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted Re-L Mayer.

Same reason as last time the goth girl thing works for me, in a big way.:hurr

Reactions: xi0
Status
Not open for further replies.