Josei - Hapi Mari ~Happy Marriage~ by Enjouji Maki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Hapi Mari ~Happy Marriage~ by Enjouji Maki

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A new manga by the Private Prince mangaka, Enjouji Maki.

Hapi Mari ~Happy Marriage~ is a lighthearted comedy with smut potential running in the same magazine as Mignight Secretary and many Yoshihara Yuki manga. It's not a deep story and filled with cliche situations but it's a nice romantic read for inbetween.

Summy by Aerandria said:
Men - they're the root of Takanashi Chiwa's problems, which is why she never had the time nor the opportunity to have a boyfriend in her entire life. A full-time office lady and a part-time hostess, she works night and day to pay off her dad's debt from his failed business. One night at her part-time job, a high-class customer has her fired. Then the next day, she's called in to see the president - whom she had never even seen before in the office - only to find out she's to marry him! But what kind of guy is Mamiya Hokuto anyway? Will he become one of Chiwa's problems, or will he save her from them? And will this marriage even last?!
I actually like the male protagonist a lot. After having read sooo many shoujo/josei with cool-and-mean idol guys, I'm happy that this mangaka likes to display her heroes as imperfect nice guys. They're cool, yes, but they clearly care and try to make the girl happy and they ain't in control of the situation all the time. That's refreshing.

The series is scanlated as a joint project by Aerandria and Midnight Scans (click group name for download).

changmai

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Josei] Hapi Mari ~Happy Marriage~ by Enjouji Maki

I really like this series. They're really progressing! I just finished with the latest release, chapter 5, and it left me wanting to read more.
Both Hokuto and Miwa are beginning to get jealous!!! And I can't believe she was so angry that she was oblivious to herself blurting out her feelings at him. It was actually quite cute when he said, "You're jealous...You Love Me." and then he gets jealous.

It's a good read.:tem

imkoo

Reaction score
Country
United States

ooh i love this manga X]
it's getting better and better.

salsadeb

Reaction score
Country
France

hello!
it's really getting better and better! =D
Do you know where we can find the raw chapters ?

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The chapters are, AFAIK, scanned intern by the groups. So the raws are not public.

I haven't checked any shoujo raw sources so far but I wouldn't hope for it anyways as long as it's magazine scans only. When the volumes are out, there's a better chance of finding raws for it but shoujo series generally don't have this public raw-translation-Edited Manga rhythm as many shounen series.

Chapter 5 was really cute. It's getting hot now! :wtf

yokihime

Reaction score
Country
United States

Lately...I end up not liking this guy...doing all this for this stupid goal...in a way I feel bad for the main character (girl) in this series. I really wonder what sort of goal he has to go that FAR

goal

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

Well there are not too many mature smutty romance mangas out there.The ones that are there are either mostly one-shots or with a high school theme. What ends up happening with those is that the story doesnt have depth, there is no plot or character development and so the romance is not enjoyable. That also makes the smut scenes a bunch of pictures and takes the excitement out of it (atleast for me).

So I am glad this manga is out there. I am hoping that the mangaka continues with this plot and makes it atleast as long as Private prince (it gives me hope that she has atleast one long manga in her previous works). This plot gives a good framework for something truly enjoyable. The art is good enough to make the guy appealing. The girl's character is just okay but thats still good enough. Now the crucial element is the slow development of romance mixed with the aggressive smut every now and then.

The general plot is how two people who dont marry for love end up falling in love anyway. Its a very reasonable plot and I am hoping that its execution is done just right with the romance and smut elements intertwined. So far, so good. I am hoping this manga continues for a while and I feel it will definately keep us entertained.

butterflysky

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I wonder what's in store for Chiwa next...

MegumiTenshi

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ooo~ It's just getting better and better! :fangirl2
I want more...smut :jbya

♀Lady JassiE♀

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I have just recently became a fan of this manga. I really liked it. I'm really looking forward to how this manga will end though, that will surely leave the fans sad. including me! (T_T) But, I hope it will not end so soon. Please just not so soon.

I have to say the characters are just so cute. Really cute.:) They just make me fall in love. :)

Asukasun

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I have to a agree... the characters are really cute and the story is getting more interesting... though, I am actually not a jousei fan but this manga really attact me :D

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Well I've read a previous work by Enjouji Maki before, Private Prince.

She has a somewhat similar trend in her stories. Sorry to disappoint you but i don't think there will be smut, just a lot of scenes that cut you short haha.

Her characters are very easy to like, and the story is generally light, like the kind you'd see in a Japanese love comedy series.