Question - Hated Moves? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Hated Moves?

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've brought it up in multiple posts before so I wanted to know if anyone else has Techniques/ Abilities/ Auras they just hate in the series.

Mine is Yukimura's Yips. Yips has always bugged me because of how inconsistent it is.
The idea is that because of his stoic smile and ability to return special techniques with base tennis, he looks unbeatable. Because he returns every shot you lose the will to get the ball over the net and lose your senses. However, each time it's used it doesn't make sense with these rules.

1. Against Kintaro he returned every ball, but Kintaro thrives to face strong opponents so it doesn't make sense for him to succumb to it.
2. Against Ryoma, it triggers after Ryoma has already scored showing he's not unbeatable afterall.
3. Against Sanada, he has to use a special grip to Shutdown Rai meaning it's not effortless and also he gets scored on by Black Dragon Slash.
4. Against Fuwa it triggers despite Fuwa playing around with the blindfold. Why would it work Against someone holding back. Also why does Dream knock him unconcious but never anyone else?
5. Against Australia it works after the prolonged rally, but why? Chris tried to attack but fell to Yips instantly. Shouldn't it have only triggered if he failed in his attack?
6. Against Tezuka it works despite Tezuka having TnK which makes one not overthink the match so he shouldn't feel crushed by Yukimura's defense. Sanada even points out that he can't Yip him but he does anyway. Also Tezuka has already scored on him in the match so he knows he can win.

As an aside, how can Yuki yip himself? He doesn't magicallybremove people's senses, it's a psychological side effect of Yips, so why can he do it at will?

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
I hate Yips as well

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I don't really like entaku shot. Nothing against the shot as a whole, but it's just weird on Shiraishi. It's even noted that it's an exception to his style or something in the dual pair book I forgot the name of.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't really like entaku shot. Nothing against the shot as a whole, but it's just weird on Shiraishi. It's even noted that it's an exception to his style or something in the dual pair book I forgot the name of.
Yeah it really doesn't fit, like it exclusively exists so Fuji can use Dragonfly Illusion

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
What's funny is that Yips is technically not a technique.

Its incosistency does bug me, however. I'm kinda ok with your first 5 points, you have to see it as a subconcious thing rather than something perfectly logical, but 6 seems like only happened to level the field as otherwise Tezuka would had won with ease.

I couldn't find it in the Perfect Pair Puri (unless I got you wrong). What I found there is that he uses to assert himself, and in 40.5 that "it's the only irregular shot he allows", though. I guess, in the end, it does mean it's an exception.

I'm ok if I see it as him kinda bragging and putting his opponent down rather than using it as an Abare Dama lite winner, lol.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What's funny is that Yips is technically not a technique.

Its incosistency does bug me, however. I'm kinda ok with your first 5 points, you have to see it as a subconcious thing rather than something perfectly logical, but 6 seems like only happened to level the field as otherwise Tezuka would had won with ease.

I couldn't find it in the Perfect Pair Puri (unless I got you wrong). What I found there is that he uses to assert himself, and in 40.5 that "it's the only irregular shot he allows", though. I guess, in the end, it does mean it's an exception.

I'm ok if I see it as him kinda bragging and putting his opponent down rather than using it as an Abare Dama lite winner, lol.
Lol. He needed that Entaku Shot to improve his game.

Heck, he was losing to Zaizen. Lol
(Before he used his Entaku Shot)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I've brought it up in multiple posts before so I wanted to know if anyone else has Techniques/ Abilities/ Auras they just hate in the series.

Mine is Yukimura's Yips. Yips has always bugged me because of how inconsistent it is.
The idea is that because of his stoic smile and ability to return special techniques with base tennis, he looks unbeatable. Because he returns every shot you lose the will to get the ball over the net and lose your senses. However, each time it's used it doesn't make sense with these rules.

1. Against Kintaro he returned every ball, but Kintaro thrives to face strong opponents so it doesn't make sense for him to succumb to it.
2. Against Ryoma, it triggers after Ryoma has already scored showing he's not unbeatable afterall.
3. Against Sanada, he has to use a special grip to Shutdown Rai meaning it's not effortless and also he gets scored on by Black Dragon Slash.
4. Against Fuwa it triggers despite Fuwa playing around with the blindfold. Why would it work Against someone holding back. Also why does Dream knock him unconcious but never anyone else?
5. Against Australia it works after the prolonged rally, but why? Chris tried to attack but fell to Yips instantly. Shouldn't it have only triggered if he failed in his attack?
6. Against Tezuka it works despite Tezuka having TnK which makes one not overthink the match so he shouldn't feel crushed by Yukimura's defense. Sanada even points out that he can't Yip him but he does anyway. Also Tezuka has already scored on him in the match so he knows he can win.

As an aside, how can Yuki yip himself? He doesn't magicallybremove people's senses, it's a psychological side effect of Yips, so why can he do it at will?
HOT TAKE

But I will go With Alan's Reinjuring Scheme.

I mean Alan is like:

"Yeah I am a 17 years old Licensed Doctor. And I can magically bring back the previous injury of my opponents if they have some".
Hehe

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Ah, it could be 40.5 then. Probably just remember it wrong

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Ah, it could be 40.5 then. Probably just remember it wrong
Btw I just checked and NPoT's 10.5 says the Entaku shot is "a finishing move" which allows him to have no blind spots so... scratch what I said, lol.