Canon - Havkeye Mihawk Vs Shichibukai Buggy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Canon Havkeye Mihawk Vs Shichibukai Buggy

xitalisk

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
i would like to see this any thoughts??? now that Buggy is a Shichibukai there is a chance that the other members will think he is weak and a disgrace to the Shichibukai and would be awesome because dracule is probably the only Shichibukai that Buggy would have an advantage with using his chop chop fruit

Last edited:

TheLuffySmile

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
If Haki doesn't work then in all likelyhood Mihawk is both fast and strong enough to just grab Buggy and snap his neck.

xitalisk

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i wouldn't underestimate buggys luck or his resilience what about in episode 5 or chapter 9 he displays the power to choke his nakama with his mind Darth Vader style so maybe he has more power he hasn't reviled

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

in the anime in clearly shows choking without the hand

in the manga it is a bit less obvious but you can see that he didn't use his hands

TheLuffySmile

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
He is using his hands/hand it's just a tiny mistake that Oda sensei made. If buggy could force choke people with his mind I think he'd be doing it a whole lot more than once in the beginning of the manga.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
MIhawk would just punch buggy to death. Buggy might be immune to cuts however he is not immune to blunt attacks. For mihawk to be who he is he still has to be immensely powerful from a physical standpoint and not having a sword would not impair his speed. Buggy is too weak in any scenario.

xitalisk

Reaction score
Country
Australia
when zoro faces mihawk he says that there is no strength based on physical strength in swordplay that to me would suggest that mihawk doesn't have a great deal of physical strength and as for a tiny mistake i don't believe it oda doesn't make mistakes and this one would be monumental when the guy looses kaime in the human auction and called mingo mingo said don't worry about the mermaid the future is in smiles didnt mean anything 300 episodes ago now it is obvious what it ment so i still wouldn't disregard this maybe buggy can only do it to weak people

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

well mihawk only makes that statement in the anime not in the manga so i guess it can be taken with a grain of salt but i havent seen any scenes of mihawk training so just because some swordsmen use 1 ton weights (zoro) doesn't mean mihawk does without his sword he may be weak also buggy has some physical fighting ability and he fights dirty so yeah i wouldnt so easily disregard this fight

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Mihawk should be able to easily defeat Buggy. Even if we haven't seen Mihawk in a hand-to-hand fight, I am quite sure he can beat someone of Buggy's level.

in the manga it is a bit less obvious but you can see that he didn't use his hands
He is using his hands/hand it's just a tiny mistake that Oda sensei made. If buggy could force choke people with his mind I think he'd be doing it a whole lot more than once in the beginning of the manga.
What mistake? Buggy just took his hand back before exploding the guy, otherwise it would have been blown too.

The anime staff simply misunderstood the foreshadowing of his Devil Fruit.

Necron

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What exactly is there even to debate?

If this is about the question whether Mihawk would be able to cut through Buggy despite his devil fruit, then the answer is most likely yes. Considering the fact that Mihawk is considered the strongest swordsman in the world, it's pretty save to assume his haki is on a crazy level. Therefore he would easilly be able to cut Buggy, from a distance too (see the slash against Jozu).

Even if it wasn't for Haki, Buggy is susceptible to blunt attacks, punches and any sort of pushing movements. Therefore Mihawk only needs to turn his blade to the blunt side and slap Buggy once.

His presense alone should be enough to make Buggy cry and drop unconscious. Look at what Zoro did to Monet, without harming her.

Buggy is a Shichibukai simply because of his huge popularity among the pirates thanks to his apperance in the Whitebeard war. Nothing more.
It's kind of ridiculous I have to actually explain all of this...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Haki would NOT allow mihawk to cut buggy. It is not the same scenario as with a logia fruits. Its not an issue of the strength or skill with haki, its simply how it works. When it comes to logia and specific paramecia fruit it simply allows for contact as normal, it does not negate or otherwise affect abilities. Buggy's ability is to be cut, there is no tangibility or deterrent factor that would actually improve contact with haki as would be the case with a logia or, say, luffy's rubber. Allowing "normal" contact with buggy does not result in him being normally wounded, it results in him being normally cut.

Also, there is no scenario in which mihawk does not have unbelievable physical strength even by the most absurd manga standards. Mihawk certainly has insane technique and skill with the sword but for that to work there has to be an insanely powerful physical body which can deliver and back up those attacks. Its a similar scenario to zoro, he uses swords but his strength has always been more than considerable, perhaps even a match for luffy. Mihawk would invariably be in the same boat, a world class swordsman needs world class physical prowess.

xitalisk

Reaction score
Country
Australia
true mihawk would probably destroy buggy thats for sure id just like to see this fight for 2 reasons

1. i could see the Shichibukai finding buggy to be a weakling and undeserving of the roll
2. i would like to see mihawk fight without his blade

and yes haki wouldn't make a difference in the ability to cut buggy as buggy is a paramecia not logia :)

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It's not like Logias are not susceptible to Haki, otherwise Garp wouldn't be able to hurt Luffy with a punch.

But in Buggy's case, it's not like he can't be cut, but that being sliced doesn't do any harm to him. It's like stretching Luffy body, it won't hurt him regardless of using Haki or not.

Necron

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure that Haki applies to all categories of Devil Fruits, not just logia. I'll try to find a manga reference once I have some time to spare, but I'm pretty sure that it's the case.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
true mihawk would probably destroy buggy thats for sure id just like to see this fight for 2 reasons

1. i could see the Shichibukai finding buggy to be a weakling and undeserving of the roll
2. i would like to see mihawk fight without his blade

and yes haki wouldn't make a difference in the ability to cut buggy as buggy is a paramecia not logia :)
My point was not about logia or paramecia, haki simply does not work in a way that it actually negates abilities. Haki allows for contact with other people as if they were normal, it allows you to touch the real body. When it comes to buggy contact is never an issue, you can always touch him normally. The issue here is that his ability is to split his body, haki does not address that. Haki is not like BB's ability, it does not stop abilities from working. Even when you hit the body of a logia the logia remains as his element.

xitalisk

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I KNOW.... sheesh i was backing your point up guess i just suck at explaining what i mean lol..... i meant if buggys power was a logia (for example if he ate the mera maera no mi instead) then haki would be a deciding factor

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

now as far as the whole physical strength factor goes i think its a case to case thing think about it..

zoro trains with 1 ton weights and all that shit BUT that doesn't mean a great deal....
he couldn't cut Dazz bones until he could feel his vibrations, he always lost to kuina as a child and i don't see her doing the same training regime as child zoro there are more examples of progression but i think ill leave it at this for now perhaps 3 sword style takes a greater physical toll and that is why zoro trains so hard also
he is a meat head XD

and i can tell you that technique is everything with swordplay you don't have to be strong to be deadly
a samurai can cut off your head while kneeling

and buggy has taken a metric f*** ton of damage and beatings in the past and has walked away from all of them
so i doubt you could simply punch some one to death if they can survive being struck by lightning,
but yeah i don't know i think it would be interesting and id totally pay to see it XD

Mihawk should be able to easily defeat Buggy. Even if we haven't seen Mihawk in a hand-to-hand fight, I am quite sure he can beat someone of Buggy's level.

What mistake? Buggy just took his hand back before exploding the guy, otherwise it would have been blown too.

The anime staff simply misunderstood the foreshadowing of his Devil Fruit.

there is also a close up of the guy being choked and buggys hand is clearly not there
explain that?

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

i dont think buggy has this power i just think its strange and worth discussion

Last edited:

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mihawk uses the back of the sword. Finished.