Discussion - Help with buying Manhwa | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Help with buying Manhwa

Shizzaster

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi.. I hope this is the right place ><' - I'm new here!

Really I am just looking for advice with buying Manhwa. I do not wish to read online scans... My weak and dying eyes cannot look at screens too much - but they can still read a book! Also I'd like to not be a total freeloader lol.

I live in Canada. I don't know how to do this. (Also I am only fluent in English) I have specific ones I am looking for (as you can see below if you dare!) but in general any advice on buying Manhwa or Japanese Tankobons while living in the US/Canada is appreciated. Or any discussion on the matter. Thank you so much for your time!

Please don't hurt me!

(if you dare help me find the specific ones I am looking for)
I really want to buy a physical copy of 3 certain manhwa. I know there are Edited Mangas available but I really would like a nice physical copy.

I would prefer Japanese text.. But Korean or English would do.
I just can't seem to find where to buy this stuff at all - I've never done this. The ones I am looking to buy are:

Nabi
Nabi: The Prototype
Twelve Nights

I'm fairly sure Nabi has been released in atleast 11 book volumes by now. I am not sure about Twelve Nights.

I found Nabi Vol 2 on the Japanese Amazon, but it was 'unavailable'. Nabi: The Prototype is seemingly available in English though from US Amazon. That's all I could find. Sigh...

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum Shizzaster.:^_^

And, no worries, I moved the thread to the right section. Sadly, I don't have much advice to give you; besides the obvious book stores that import korean books and comics. And it sounds like if it was that simple you'd have found them already. Someone else might know more.

Shizzaster

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I managed to find all the Nabi books on a Korean bookstores website.

Thank you, I didn't even think to check Korean bookstores since bookstores near me don't carry manga, and not even American comics.

Are manhwa regularely translated into Japanese? This is my first Manhwa.. (not Manga though). I would really like to find a Japanese version if I could <3

But again THANK YOU for correcting my silliness.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I managed to find all the Nabi books on a Korean bookstores website.

Thank you, I didn't even think to check Korean bookstores since bookstores near me don't carry manga, and not even American comics.

Are manhwa regularely translated into Japanese? This is my first Manhwa.. (not Manga though). I would really like to find a Japanese version if I could <3

But again THANK YOU for correcting my silliness.
Nothing silly about it, we all learn these things a little bit at a time. And I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for.:amuse

As for Manhwa being translated into Japanese. Probably some, but I doubt there is as much in Japanese as English. Can't say for sure though.