Typesetting - Helper utility for typesetting with Photoshop on Windows. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Typesetting Helper utility for typesetting with Photoshop on Windows.

illiteracy

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move it if necessary. Anyway, I've put together an application that behaves similar to the typesetting functionality found in Edited Mangashop.

It's intended to replace the use of notepad in the typesetting process. Basically, you load your script and use hotkeys to type out text and load your PSDs. It should save you time, and if GGpX can figure out how to use it, it can't be all that complicated.

If you're interested, you can check it out here.

Stmated

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hehe, this was interesting. I have not been to this site/forum for a really long time, but decided to visit today, and what do I see :)

I quite like this application. My intent is also to separate the code enough so that I can send out my typesetting helper without the full Edited Mangashop, sometime in the future. Maybe. Not fully decided yet. We'll see how that goes.

Two of the things in your application (save & close; hotkey to add text instead of text being added after text layer acceptance) I added to my code a few weeks ago. Just saying so you do not think I am copying your code.

One issue I found:
* In handleKeyDown when !this.IsPhotoshopBusy(), the msgbox is locked for a few seconds, and if tried to click several times to close, the computer freezes in intervals. Maybe you should open the msgbox by Control.Invoke so it's opened when appropriate and not blocking the message queue.

Wish you all the luck with the development, but a bit sad that I could not get suggestions and improve Edited Mangashop instead :)

illiteracy

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ah, sorry, I haven't really kept up with the changes to Edited Mangashop. Hotkeys and the typesetting-centric approach were pretty much the only reasons I felt it was worth "releasing". So, if you do decide to split it up, this will have been largely pointless, oh well ;).

Feel free to copy anything, not that there's all that much there. If I ever do get around to implementing styles I probably would have to copy you.

I just noticed that issue last night (I remember it behaving properly when I implemented it). Suppose it's another one of those issues that pop up due to the fact that I have very little idea of what I'm doing. Will see if your advice fixes it.

Hope you don't feel slighted by the lack of suggestions. I was originally going to do something a good deal different than what I ended up with. And it wasn't until after I'd implemented things that I developed opinions about behavior.

Anyway, thanks for your input. If it weren't for Edited Mangashop, I wouldn't even be aware of the interop for Photoshop.