Light Novel - High-School DxD | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel High-School DxD

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

High-School DxD
Genre: Action, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem, Romance, School Life, Shounen
By: Ichiei Ishibumi
Art By: Tsunako
Publisher: Miyama-Zero
Serialized In: Dragon Magazine (Fujimi Shobo)

The story follows Issei Hyoudou, a dim-witted, lecherous second-year high-school student who is killed by a girl on his first date ever. Issei is reincarnated as a devil, and from that day forward, he serves as an underling of Riasu, a high-level devil who is also the prettiest girl on Issei's campus.

MSDRCrownless

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ahh, the first light novel I've ever read, and my first (well second, technically) ecchi as well! A story where I initially read/watched it for the PLOT :datass but then became engrossed with the actual plot. I'm surprised it's been 2-3 years since I last read it!

Sure, it's not the best in terms of story or art, but I'll be damned if I didn't have any fun reading it! The story is interesting, the relationships are satisfying, the characters are enjoyable, it flaunts it's ridiculous sides with pride, and it has some pretty good fights for it being a story about a man's journey to becoming Harem King. I always found the world-building interesting, with details of reincarnated devils and angels, the culture of low-, middle-, and high-class devils, the pawn class system, rating games, etc.

I suddenly stopped reading for some reason, leaving off at volume 14, and I never found a reason to continue reading again. However, with the fourth season of the anime, Highschool DxD Hero, coming out soon, I may have found a reason once more!