Question - Hisoka VS the Troupe : "10 more to go !"... Wait... 10 ??? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Hisoka VS the Troupe : "10 more to go !"... Wait... 10 ???

cylixte

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Hi everyone,

Been a hell of a while since I last posted on this forum, but really enjoying following the discussions HxH threads. Some of you guys are crazy. :-)

Stg bugged me at the end of chapter 357 : Right after killing Sharnalk and Kortopi, Hisoka says that there are "10 more to go" (meaning 10 members of the Phantom Troupe left to kill). But, IIRC, there are only 9 members of the Troupe still alive at this point : Phinks, Franklin, Kalluto, Feitan, Machi, Chrollo, Bonolenov, Nobunaga, Shizuku. Right ?
So, either a) I missed stg or, b) there's another member of the Troupe we haven't heard of yet, but Hisoka knows about.
(a) is of course plausible and (b) seems to point towards Abengane, the nen eraser of Greed Island, but that's just speculation.

What do you guys think ?

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Maybe he didn't consider Paku to be dead? Maybe, in the mean time, someone got added?

cylixte

Reaction score
Country
France
Maybe he didn't consider Paku to be dead?
You're right Panda-san. That's definitely a (c) possibility I didn't consider : that Hisoka ignores the death of a member.
Since it's impossible for him to ignore the death of Uvogin (he was with the Troupe at that time), the only candidate is Pakunoda.
Yet, I find it unlikely, since he met the Troupe again on Greed Island and all of them were there (except, of course, Danchou), as seen in chapter 170. The only one that isn't shown in this chapter is Kortopi, but we know he entered GI with Shizuku and Sharnalk (chapter 134), so he's probably around even if Togashi didn't draw him.
That means that they could have told Hisoka about Pakunoda's death or, at least, that Hisoka must have noticed her absence.
Whether he jumped to the conclusion of her being dead or not is, of course, hypothetical. But thinking about it, he should definitely have deduced it (coz he's a smartass) from the fact that the Troupe knows about the "chain-guy" and the chain on Danchou's heart, implying that Pakunoda gave them these information at the cost of her life.
But, again, I may be totally off and you might very well be right. :)

mousiehamster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Abengane would certainly be very useful in an anticipated match-up against Kurapika. Interestingly, it seems like Kurapica remains unaware that the Judgment Chain on Chrollo was dispelled, which makes some sense seeing that the exorcism seems to be more like nen transference from the host to a nen beast. What happened to Chrollo's nen beast is still a mystery. That, or Kurapica was aware of Judgment Chain dissipating but simply didn't care.

Last edited:

Alberto

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I commented on the chapter thread, and people told me there was this thread to talk about it.

What if Shalnark isn´t dead? What if Hisoka wanted only to humiliate him, knowing that a fight with him should be when he had his nen?

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I commented on the chapter thread, and people told me there was this thread to talk about it.

What if Shalnark isn´t dead? What if Hisoka wanted only to humiliate him, knowing that a fight with him should be when he had his nen?
I don't see any reasons why he would let him live. We see his corpse eaten by crows, he is dead for sure.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't see any reasons why he would let him live. We see his corpse eaten by crows, he is dead for sure.
'O My controller nen, when i am dead, let me control crows so i can avenge my fallen brother with their sharp peckers' ^^

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
That's not how it works though :lmao

Hisoka gave a command to his nen that fit the properties of his nen. He used the elastic properties of his Bungee Gum to increase the effectiveness of his CPR, and used it to protect his lungs. I'm guessing that if an antennae was attached to something, if he wanted it enough he could maybe posses whatever its stuck in? Or something along those lines, but randomly taking over nearby life forms doesn't fall under the range of his techniques. Also, Shalnark probably died too fast to give a command to his Nen (he was already dead on the swing).

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
My guess there is 2 more members that replaced Uvo and Paku. And when Hisoka was talking about 10 more to go he was either talking about the legs of the Spiders, or he doesn't plan on killing Machi.

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
I'm on the Abengane theory. It's the one that makes more sense than a random nobody we've never met, OR it's a character we already know and Hisoka knows who he is and the reveal is going to be a total surprise.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Who do you think has the best ability to counter Hisoka in a fight among the Spiders?(Chrollo not included)

I think it's Franklin because of the power of his bullets. I don't see Hisoka being able to catch and return his Nen bullets. They are much more powerful and faster than Gotoh and his coins.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Feitan shouldn't have too bad of a match-up either if he can live long enough to actually activate the technique

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Feitan shouldn't have too bad of a match-up either if he can live long enough to actually activate the technique
If he can... Feitan needs to be injured for that, he fights with his speed and sword until it happens. He is faster than Hisoka but Hisoka usually uses deadly moves, he can't let him touch him once too due to Bungee Gum. Plus I don't think Hisoka would let him use Rising Sun. Zazan stood still for a while when he was preparing to launch it. Phinks implied that he has other variants so there's probably one that's more useful.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
If he can... Feitan needs to be injured for that, he fights with his speed and sword until it happens. He is faster than Hisoka but Hisoka usually uses deadly moves, he can't let him touch him once too due to Bungee Gum. Plus I don't think Hisoka would let him use Rising Sun. Zazan stood still for a while when he was preparing to launch it. Phinks implied that he has other variants so there's probably one that's more useful.
If Feitan pulls a Decreasing Moon and ends up having a ice eff based to it, I wouldnt be surprised, Feitan´s nen ability is actually a good threat for Hisoka, since depending on his other variants, he could have one variant that lets say renders bungee gum useless or harder to perform efficiently, depending on the number of variants he has for the power. I think him having a ice variant is pretty much a given at this point, but I wonder if he has more and if so how much does he have, also if he has a variant capable of screwing bungee gum, then Hisoka is in a tough spot, since he lost all of his fingers on one of his hands and a leg already.

cylixte

Reaction score
Country
France
Well. The worst matchup would have been Sharnalk IMO, should he have had his ability available. Hisoka somewhat states it during his fight with Chrollo.
Kalluto could be a tricky one too, since I don't think Hisoka could Bungee Gum all the paper shreds she controls.

That being said, Hisoka's worst matchup is of course Machi, but that's for other reasons. ;-p

Kurara

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
In the wiki, minus the current murdered ones, there are 11 spiders left. the current #9 & #11 are still unknown.

Hisoka probably didn't count either Machi or Chrollo.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
My guess there is 2 more members that replaced Uvo and Paku. And when Hisoka was talking about 10 more to go he was either talking about the legs of the Spiders, or he doesn't plan on killing Machi.
we already knew one of them, kalluto, the youngest sibling from the zoldyk family, has been a spider since the greed island arc

i imagine that chrollo also replaced the other spider swiftly, chrollo more than likely has a waiting list of potential replacements due to the hazerdous line of work they are in

illumi zoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
In the wiki, minus the current murdered ones, there are 11 spiders left. the current #9 & #11 are still unknown.

Hisoka probably didn't count either Machi or Chrollo.
Hisoka might not know about one of the two new members.