First Round - Homura (Pyra) vs. Mereoleona Vermillion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

First Round Homura (Pyra) vs. Mereoleona Vermillion

Who is the best Waifu?

• Homura (Pyra)

• Mereoleona Vermillion

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Homura (Pyra)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Mereoleona Vermillion
Black Clover

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm at work ATM, but I'll do my first writeup as soon as I get to my laptop.

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I'm at my laptop now, so let me get an introduction out of the way. Though I should mention that I needed to use my writeup from last year as a point of reference, so if I end up repeating things, that's PROBABLY why. Anyway, here goes:

CAMPAIGN

Pyra is one of the main characters of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Nintendo Switch. She is actually a weaponized lifeform known as a "Blade", but not just ANY Blade: she's the Aegis, a unique Blade from the distant paradise known as Elysium, who was brought down to Alrest hundreds of years ago alongside her fellow Aegis, Malos. However, Pyra isn't the original Aegis: she's actually the other half of the original, Mythra, who was created by Mythra after the conclusion of the Aegis War, a battle waged between Mythra and Malos that saw the former DEEPLY traumatized. Fast-forward to the present day, and Pyra has been awakened by a salvager named Rex, who soon becomes her Driver (one who specializes in using Blades for combat), and they set off on a new mission: to take Pyra back home to Elysium.

Pyra was purposely created to be the exact opposite of Mythra: kind, helpful, and even knows how to cook. To directly quote my last writeup (since this fact still holds true today), she's the living embodiment of UwU. However, she has her vulnerabilities, and feels great shame for the horrible things her very existence as an Aegis has brought upon the world of Alrest. Believe me when I say that before long, you'll wanna protect her just as much as Rex does throughout the game...

First Devilslayer

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
CAMPAIGN

If Pyra is the living embodiment of UwU, then Mereoleona is the absolute opposite. A ripped, 5'10" bombshell vs waifish 5"2" Loli bait. Who wants another boring vanilla goody two-shoes waifu when you have the GOAT anime waifu herself- Mereoleona Vermillion.

The oldest of the three Vermillion siblings, Mereoleona is bona fide Royalty. She was nominated for being the Wizard Queen but rejected it because a boring desk job is not her style. The Captain of the Royal Knights, the most powerful magic knight squadron and directly commanding the captains of other squads, she is known far and wide as the strongest living human and feared by all as THE UNCROWNED, UNDEFEATED LIONESS !

Reaching the top of the Black Clover world purely via her own merit and no cheats like being the avatar of a magical creature. Even the strongest warriors in the land tremble in her presence yet she's always humble. There is no bigger badass, no bigger Chadette.

She's not a conventional woman and why should she need to be ? A heavy drinker, horrible taste, not very civilised (and a little bit less than bright outside of combat if we're being honest but hey ! if brute force works...). And on the field of battle, she is more ferocious than any beast. Is she a little bit crazy... yes... very actually. But that's what makes her amazing. She has by far the most unique personality in the Waifu War.

Look at her opinion of what she wants in a partner-

Now that is unique and interesting.

Yet, for those who are close to her there is no one more loving, sweet, supportive and protective. She acts tough on the outside but is always looking out for her siblings and subordinates. Woe to anyone who crosses her loved ones. There's a reason they all admire and look up to her.

She's also great with kids

OMG Look at her bringing flowers... honestly this scene alone is enough to make anyone fall in love with her.

Who doesn't want a tall, strong, sweet, caring girlfriend who'll always protect you and brings you flowers ?

I rest my case.

Mereoleona is also way hotter than Pyra (both literally and figuratively). Also she's not half a person...

She's a one-of-a-kind, an instant classic and the GOAT Waifu (as she is often called on the internet). A waifu for someone with real taste, not generic vanilla love interest #5000.

Vote for the waifu you think is better (which is obsv Mereo, I mean come on, it isn't a competition)

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
CAMPAIGN

If Pyra is the living embodiment of UwU, then Mereoleona is the absolute opposite. Who wants another boring vanilla goody two-shoes waifu when you have the GOAT anime waifs herself- Mereoleona Vermillion.

The oldest of the three Vermillion siblings, Mereoleona is bona fide Royalty. She was nominated for being the Wizard Queen but rejected it because a boring desk job is not her style. The Captain of the Royal Knights, the most powerful magic knight squadron and directly commanding the captains of other squads, she is known far and wide as the strongest living human and feared by all THE UNCROWNED, UNDEFEATED LIONESS ! Reaching the top of the Black Clover world purely via her own merit and no cheats like being the avatar of a magical creature. Even the strongest warriors in the land tremble in her presence yet she's always humble. There is no bigger badass, no bigger Chadette.

She's not a conventional woman and why should she need to be ? A heavy drinker, horrible taste, not very civilised (and a little bit less than bright outside of combat if we're being honest but hey ! if brute force works...). And on the field of battle, she is more ferocious than any beast. Is she a little bit crazy... yes... very actually. But that's what makes her amazing. She has by far the most unique personality in the Waifu War.

Look at her opinion of what she wants in a partner-

Now that is unique and interesting.

Yet, for those who are close to her there is no one more loving, sweet, supportive and protective. She acts tough on the outside but is always looking out for her siblings and subordinates. Woe to anyone who crosses her loved ones. There's a reason they all admire and look up to her.

OMG Look at her bringing flowers... honestly this scene alone is enough to make anyone fall in love with her.

Who doesn't want a tall, strong, sweet, caring girlfriend who'll always protect you and brings you flowers ?

I rest my case.

Mereoleona is also way hotter than Pyra (both literally and figuratively). A ripped, 5'10" bombshell vs waifish 5"2" Loli bait. Also she's not half a person.

She's a one-of-a-kind, an instant classic and the GOAT Waifu (as she is often called on the internet). A waifs for someone with real taste, not generic vanilla love interest #5000.

Vote for the waifu you think is better (which is obsv Mereo, I mean come on, it isn't a competition)

Huh, I was wondering when you were gonna post about Mereolio-

Loca-

Luna...

Um... can I just call her Mereo? Her name's a mouthful.

Anyway, I doubt she'll appeal to me personally, but I'm glad to see you're so passionate about her. Although you're not the first person I've seen imply that Pyra is a minor somehow...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Never have I ever seen someone label the mature Pyra and her sizeable chesticles as loli bait :grumble

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Although you're not the first person I've seen imply that Pyra is a minor somehow...
Lol it's just fighting talk, don't take it too seriously.

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol it's just fighting talk, don't take it too seriously.
Oh, okay. Sorry, it just reminded me of something I had to deal with once on a different site.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So is Mereoleona basically waifu Kenpachi?

If she is.. boy that's a concept.:hmm

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, now that we've both made our cases, I think now is a good time to get to the fun part: posting art of our ladies!

(Credit goes to all artists involved).

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I gotta vote for Sisgoleon here. Her fight Vs the elves was such a hype.

@LadyVados since you brought up her waifuness, I'm curious, who would you ship her with?

LadyVados

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I gotta vote for Sisgoleon here. Her fight Vs the elves was such a hype.

@LadyVados since you brought up her waifuness, I'm curious, who would you ship her with?
Myself

But seriously... in Black Clover... hmmm.

Acier is a common pairing but I personally don't see it. She's more like a mother figure to her. (And married. And dead.)

Yami is another common pairing I don't like at all, they're too similar in personality.

Julius would actually be a good pairing
if it wasn't for recent events

I don't think the right ship exists in Black Clover actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.