Discussion - How advanced do you think marley is currently in aot? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How advanced do you think marley is currently in aot?

nuur mohamed

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How advanced do you think marley is in the current timeline of attack on titan do you think they have the current technology we have in our real world and buildings . if you could put a date in terms of technology currently in the storyline what would it be ?

Mystojellal

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think they have the technology from about 1920-1930 right now. No way they are already at our current state of technology. When we see Grisha and his Sister + the Eldian Restoration it was about 1915 I guess.

DrFabulous0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have my suspicions it may be stone age and still smouldering by the time we get to see it. Otherwise probably some kind of post industrial, steampunk derived society.

pera2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Yugoslavia
They are probably already gone. This walled manga could not turn to world war.
Or maybe they have TVs and all kids are watching Reality Show called Walls and Levi is a big star outside.

ExtremiS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
i'd say Marley's tech is around pre world war2. It wound be epic if marley flew a plane (very early plane that have engine, rotor and made from wood) over the wall scouting what's going on and people like Levi/Hanji saw them. Marley wanted their hand on the paradi because of resources, what resources do you guys think were on the paradi; coal for steam engine? probably not oil? or maybe artificial energy resources only existed in the manga?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it depends on how long it has been since grisha's escape. It's entirely possible grisha received the titan's powers and then spent years roaming the titan wilds. If no time went on between the time grisha escaped the empire and he made it to the wall then it seems like zeke would have aged a tad too much IMO. They had steam technology by the time grisha escaped and were already looking for oil as an energy source... 20 years is a long time in this context, they could go as far as having cars and even tanks.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, it depends on how long it has been since grisha's escape. It's entirely possible grisha received the titan's powers and then spent years roaming the titan wilds. If no time went on between the time grisha escaped the empire and he made it to the wall then it seems like zeke would have aged a tad too much IMO. They had steam technology by the time grisha escaped and were already looking for oil as an energy source... 20 years is a long time in this context, they could go as far as having cars and even tanks.
Actually the timeline is pretty much established/confirmed at this point:
- when Grisha arrives on the island (when Kruger kills the others and saves him and stuff) the year is 830, which is also when Shadis found Grisha outside the Walls.

So after Grisha eats Kruger (which will probably happen in the next chapter) he will "immediately" go to the Walls and stuff.

Seeing as the current year is 850, it has been 20 years since Grisha and the others were "sentenced", which makes Zeke 27 and whatnot. I thought they already had cars though? Or at least some form of an early prototype (first panel, notice how it's human operated):

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Actually the timeline is pretty much established/confirmed at this point:
- when Grisha arrives on the island (when Kruger kills the others and saves him and stuff) the year is 830, which is also when Shadis found Grisha outside the Walls.

So after Grisha eats Kruger (which will probably happen in the next chapter) he will "immediately" go to the Walls and stuff.

Seeing as the current year is 850, it has been 20 years since Grisha and the others were "sentenced", which makes Zeke 27 and whatnot. I thought they already had cars though? Or at least some form of an early prototype (first panel, notice how it's human operated):
Ah, I see. It is still weird IMO that zeke looks that old though. Could it be because of his titan powers? The previous owner of the coordinate seemed kinda sickly, perhaps for all its perks having titan powers reduces your lifespan...

Ah, yeah, they do have some cars.... We can safely assume they have 20 years worth of progress over that at least.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ah, I see. It is still weird IMO that zeke looks that old though. Could it be because of his titan powers? The previous owner of the coordinate seemed kinda sickly, perhaps for all its perks having titan powers reduces your lifespan...

Ah, yeah, they do have some cars.... We can safely assume they have 20 years worth of progress over that at least.
I don't think he looks that old (could be the beard, but I mean not even Levi would seem like a guy to be well over his 30s, right?), but yeah the Titan powers could have something to do with it, or maybe only the Coordinate power - for some reason - does that to its holder, we have yet to see how other shifters are affected, though Kruger might shed some light on this, could be one of the reasons why he choses to pass it on to Grisha.

As for the Marley's development, there could also be a very small possibility that the Marley government doesn't exist anymore, thanks to Zeke, but we'll just have to wait and see. It would make some sense considering some stuff from the past, and that way the Scouting Legion wouldn't have to fight a whole continent in a war that they just couldn't win, so I think it makes kinda sense to remove the Marley from the equation, but I could be dead wrong.

mangah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran

well , I bet their technology is equal to beginning of WW II .... Without an army of Clossal Titan , Ymir people don't have any chance in all out war ....