How Did Eldia Lose 8/9 Titans? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How Did Eldia Lose 8/9 Titans?

Junkrat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eldia had the coordinate, so how could they possibly lose all their titans to Marley when Marley didn't have any shifters or technology to kill the titans during the first invasion 1700 years ago? Titan killing weapons against Marley wasn't invented until recently.

Quick6r

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think all we know so far is that the Marley somehow stole the power of the 8 titans, and then used them in a war against the Progenitor Titan and remaining Eldians. If I had to guess how, we know the Marley are master manipulators. Perhaps they coerced the shifters into joining their cause by lying and trickery, or maybe they spread falsehoods about the titan's origins in order to get them to turn against the Progenitor. It's my understanding that all the shifters had free will at that time so anything is possible.

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Eldia had the coordinate, so how could they possibly lose all their titans to Marley when Marley didn't have any shifters or technology to kill the titans during the first invasion 1700 years ago? Titan killing weapons against Marley wasn't invented until recently.
The Marley got 7 powers, not 8.

What started this whole downfall was the King/Founding Titan leaving to Paradis, therefore leaving all the other powers alone without his support, thus leading to the Great Titan War where Marley won.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Actually, there were already turmoils between Eldian clans, iirc. I bet 7 clans rebelled against the Fritz family, thus joining Marley's side. One of those was the family bestowed with the armored titan, the Braun family (that's why Rod's serum was entitled "Armored - Braun".
If you guys think about it, the "honorary Marleyan" is a status created when Zeke was already born, so which Eldians were in possession of the 7 titans? Clearly, they weren't warriors, as they were chosen merely 30 years ago.
Hence, I guess there were Eldian families who allied with Marley 110 years ago, and they became special eldians to Marley. Yet, I don't understand why those families haven't ever helped their compatriots up until now :-_-

Junkrat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Makes sense thar the other 7 titans faught against the founding titan. But doesn't the founding titan have control over the other shifters?

All i could see is the founding titan NOT wanting to fight back, which is clear because it fled to the island. The founding titan could take over everything with its power and win the war.

But also from the season 2 credits, you can see titans attacking a civilization, guess its Marley? Then why would they flee to make walls after they invaded Marley?

downright

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I think they never did. First king wanted to rebalance powers. All other titans equal power of the coordinate. He didn't want to fight so he wanted to create peace. Coordinate to the Paradis and the rest to Marley, until they took advantage ofcourse. I have an idea that someone loyal to the First king commited suicide and thus all the shifters that that person contained in his body went to anybody for Marley to control. The philosophy of his was always ofcourse to keep them inferior, as humans always did, make you feel inferior, guilty, so you don't need to confront you own fears of being scared to fight. Attack titan just must've never been found by Marley.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My guess is political chicanery.... And the king from 100 years ago not wanting to fight. Basically marley indoctrinated the people who would inherit the shifters and when the time came they opposed the first king. And rather than fight the first king decided to bail and take his people across the ocean. Honestly, I can't imagine this working out if the king had actually wanted to fight.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Well the Founding Titan is essentially the backbone of keeping the peace/balance between the Nine Titans and with such an absence, these powers can easily be lost.

The King fleeing to Paradis was what caused the Great War and made Eldia lose.