Question - How did Volk Over come Yukimura's YIPs | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How did Volk Over come Yukimura's YIPs

ashore2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Is there a discussion or full explanation on how Volk was immune to YIPs?

Also how did Volk's double partner get out of YIPS?

since when can you talk a person out of YIPS......

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, think about what Yips is:

By keeping up a perfect appearance and showing no openings in his play... Yukimura steals his opponents' self confidence and plunges them into the Yips.
Chapter 156

Volk was so much stronger than Yukimura that he wasn't affected by this, and furthermore he's so attentive that he won't get tricked by the Dream illusion. And on the same page:

This is doubles... I have your back.
He reassured Frankensteiner, so that the latter would get his head back into the game. I think this also makes a lot of sense since you'll obviously have more confidence when there's a powerful ally on your side.

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Its not really Yips in the literal sense. Konomi describes this as a feeling the opponent is overcome by where they are overwhelmed by Yukimura's play. Yukimura is just really good at seeing through the opponents techniques. It can be described as shiraishi's perfect tennis combined with Atobe's insight. He doesn't really have a flashy style. He just sees through the opponents techniques and mentally attacks them.

Volk is just so much better than yukimura that yukimura simply couldnt even see through those techniques. I'd like to describe it as " a big fish in a small pond". Yukimura just underestimated the world.

ashore2

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Thanks for the response. I thought YIPs was really powerful. I guess that tech dont work on higher level players.