Question - How do you feel about Lisanna? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How do you feel about Lisanna?

Honest feelings on Lisanna?

• Total voters

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Her character had more relevance in death.
At least fight to ruin Nalu shippers.
She opened a path to obtain Natsu and then abandoned it like nothing. Very Very weak.

Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Who?

Seriously though, Lisanna is one of those characters that has a large fan following, but Hiro Mashima basically forgot about. If you only follow the manga, and have never watched the anime fillers, you would really only know her as a supporting character to Mirajane. Which is pretty far down the totem pole. Mirajane herself is a supporting character to Erza, and Erza is also technically a supporting character.

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
isanna is one of those characters that has a large fan following, but Hiro Mashima basically forgot about.
Her Magic is flat out boring unlike Mira's even though they both use Take Over,

immblueversion

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lisanna is, sadly, one of those characters who works more as a plot device than an actual character. Her return added nothing to the story but a fleeting feel-good moment that was overshadowed by a sense of pointlessness, made worse by the sheer wasted potential of such a plot. Because when the most notable thing she does on her own in the final arc is show that she's really, really good at serving drinks now...you know Mashima ran out of ideas for her.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
She should been dead like it was meant originally.

An useless character.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Loving the nalu well, I have nothing against lisanna, on the contrary I would have liked a love triangle but seeing some fan who make a circus for non-existent and existing couples. I'm glad to say to myself that mashima didn't make a love triangle because otherwise he would be bothered by fans.
Maybe with touka we'll get a pseudo love triangle
However, I would have liked lisanna to be an angel's take over.
Mira satan soul lisanna angel soul elfman beast soul

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I wouldn't call Lisanna a useless character that should stay dead, but....she is pretty far removed from the main plot. Basically this is how I view her standing in the story compared to the rest of the characters:

Lisanna is the supporting character of the supporting character of the supporting character to the main character.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Can't really blame Mashima for what he did to Lisanna,he never really wanted to bring her back,it was one of his editor's idea.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I wouldn't call Lisanna a useless character that should stay dead, but....she is pretty far removed from the main plot. Basically this is how I view her standing in the story compared to the rest of the characters:

Lisanna is the supporting character of the supporting character of the supporting character to the main character.
Perfect Analysis

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know why people dislike Lisanna.. That's a shame because she is one of my favorite female characters from the Fairy Tail Guild.

She's honestly probably the most underrated character in the entire series. But then, this is coming from somebody named "Nemispelled", who pretty much enjoys the company of all the Strauss Siblings in this series.

In fact, I respect the Strauss family the most because of their rough/tragic past. I'm glad that they joined Fairy Tail since they are the best group/family in FT, in my opinion.

Seeing the 3 Strauss siblings as kids and growing up in the guild just raised them higher on my "Favorite FT Characters List".

Lisanna even mentioned this arc that she trained with Mira over the timeskip. If the Strauss Siblings weren't trolled as much as they currently are, I'm sure that they could have made this arc a lot better than the pitiful state it is in right now.

EDIT:

I voted "Like/Love Her" on the poll.
I don't dislike her it's just after bringing her back Hiro hasn't done anything important with her

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Lucy and Lisanna originally shared the same role in the story and that's the core problem, Lisanna isn't impactful in the story simply because of Lucy's existence mainly. A ship is only operated by one captain, so Lisanna is forever a deadweight.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Since 300 chapter lisanna did not evolve in terms of magic like levy (even if it has the second origin we did not see any change) the same for freedd, everg and bixlow but they compare to lisanna, they have evolved mentally.
If we had to compare the evolutions of the secondary characters, it would be the last one.
Bisca, maccao and other I consider them as tertiary.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States

Can't put it any better, she still sucks but that kyubi takeover was most impressive I've ever seen from her, all her takeovers suck hard compared to Mira/Elfman.

Regarding story importance, you can make a strong argument Sonya is more important than her, like in the Yukino/Levy range... Animus using her to recover and disrupting the eclipse ceremony set off a chain of events that Anna was a prime culprit in the middle of it all... Layla would know the truth before dying, the king might of destroyed the gate when she told him too, none of them would of joined FT/Saber/Phantom/Cait Shelter, just imagine if Anna raised and trained all 5 like how her and Zeref cultivated from the jump. Crazy to think about.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Totally wasted potential, allowed the shipping wars to castrate her character development. First real dope form she’s had, and she only got it so she could get properly shitted on by Lucy 🤦🏾‍♂️

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Totally wasted potential, allowed the shipping wars to castrate her character development. First real dope form she’s had, and she only got it so she could get properly shitted on by Lucy 🤦🏾‍♂️
I don't think shipping wars have anything to do with why she lost. Lisanna would actually be a more relevant character if there was a proper love triangle, but there isn't one. Touka has basically stolen that role from her.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't dislike her it's just after bringing her back Hiro hasn't done anything important with her

I agree that Mashima has mostly put her on the back-burner for much of the story, but that still doesn't take away her significance and role in the early part of the series, in my opinion. She may have a useless role combat-wise in the current story arcs, but her contribution to Natsu's development as a character as a child was significant enough to be considered an important character... and not a "useless" one.

Even though Lisanna's childhood relationship with Natsu and the Omake with Lisanna & Natsu raising the egg that would eventually hatch into Happy is technically not canon, Gildartz (Natsu's mentor as a child) heavily implied that the two were a close pair as kids.

Gildartz hinted at their childhood relationship in Chapter 166 upon his return from the 100 Years Quest.

Also, it's pretty obvious that Lisanna has always had great affection for Natsu, even if it did eventually dissolve from a crush to a close friendship.

As you can see, Lisanna was extremely excited to see Natsu in particular compared to the other FT members. Gray is also a guy, but Lisanna chose to tackle Natsu and embrace him instead.

My point is, if you really look closely at the entire timeline of the series, Lisanna had an impact on the main character's (Natsu's) development into maturity - of course, this is Natsu's level of maturity we're talking about lol.

If you really want to be technical, Lisanna's role could be considered as the main character's childhood partner (under the mentorship of Gildartz). And more jokingly, she can be considered the main character's lover's rival - that is, before Natsu and Lucy's relationship got more serious by the very end of the original series.

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
After recent chapter my point stands
Maybe she will get a chance against Diabolos provided those three aren't the weakest. She had more depth to her character in death.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Part of it is on Mashima has well for not developing her character. If he didn't have any use for her. He should have let her stayed dead.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that Mashima has mostly put her on the back-burner for much of the story, but that still doesn't take away her significance and role in the early part of the series, in my opinion. She may have a useless role combat-wise in the current story arcs, but her contribution to Natsu's development as a character as a child was significant enough to be considered an important character... and not a "useless" one.

Even though Lisanna's childhood relationship with Natsu and the Omake with Lisanna & Natsu raising the egg that would eventually hatch into Happy is technically not canon, Gildartz (Natsu's mentor as a child) heavily implied that the two were a close pair as kids.

Gildartz hinted at their childhood relationship in Chapter 166 upon his return from the 100 Years Quest.

Also, it's pretty obvious that Lisanna has always had great affection for Natsu, even if it did eventually dissolve from a crush to a close friendship.

As you can see, Lisanna was extremely excited to see Natsu in particular compared to the other FT members. Gray is also a guy, but Lisanna chose to tackle Natsu and embrace him instead.

My point is, if you really look closely at the entire timeline of the series, Lisanna had an impact on the main character's (Natsu's) development into maturity - of course, this is Natsu's level of maturity we're talking about lol.

If you really want to be technical, Lisanna's role could be considered as the main character's childhood partner (under the mentorship of Gildartz). And more jokingly, she can be considered the main character's lover's rival - that is, before Natsu and Lucy's relationship got more serious by the very end of the original series.
If she is Lucy's love rival Hiro sure hasn't done anything with it. Also one panel was when they still thought she was dead and the other right after she came back how about after that. To be fair what I said before could be said about most side characters in this manga

Last edited: