Life - How do you feel about your ex? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life How do you feel about your ex?

What's the main cause to breaking up with someone?

• Petty arguments/Immaturity

• Cheating

• Parents dislike your partner

• Money

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Majority to all of us have had past relationships with another person, and majority of us obviously are not together with that person anymore, hence why it's called you ex.

Let me tell you about my recent ex. Her name was Jazzmyne. Same age as me (both 18-19 at the time), knows the same people as me, even came to my college just to be with me. My friend was the one who introduced me to her and we literally started to go out together after only 2 weeks of talking. Not that that's a problem but in retrospect it was. But the one thing we never could see eye to eye was she loved exposure and attention. Not like posting photos on Instagram, Twitter, FB together but like any time we argued she always went on social networks to post all of her problems so people could obviously ask her what's wrong for her to obviously say it's nothing----all this for what, for our problems and business to be out in the open.... I hated that cause I'm a low key kind of guy so this, among other things, led to our break up after 8 months. Kinda was immature but felt like things were moving fast, she already had planned out baby names for our kids 8 years or so from then and what kinda job she wanted me to have, again I was a sophomore in college and 18-19. Still I told myself in high school that I was not going to have grudges with any of my ex's so I stopped being immature and unblocked her on twitter, snap chat etc. She even snapped me some photos we took in one of those picture booths you do in relationships. So no ill will towards her. I saw her last at this event my school was having, I was laughing cause she purposely was dancing in front of me with other dudes to get me jealous. It did not work lol. Sometimes I think I could of done better whenever I see a picture of her but in the end it's better to move on.

my question is how is your status with your ex? Good? Bad? Hate each other and haven't spoke in years? Talk daily and still hang out/see one another? What led to you guys breaking up or getting back together?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I also answered other because I've never cheated on anyone or have the reverse; parent's were pretty supportive each time; money is not a big issue (not rich or anything like that though).

Immaturity/petty arguments... Idk this might apply... but I really don't call it immaturity for me. There's a degree of incompatibility, and when that's asserted you just gotta back out XD. Immaturity is probably me anyways :) Petty arguments happen, but if they're petty you get over em quick.

Last edited:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Most recent ex was cool at first. We had fun and had a lot in common. Then suddenly dude wants me to quit school and get married and basically be his "housewife". Had a huge fight when I said that wasn't happening. I mostly meant the dropping out of school part, the other stuff could have been compromised in the future but he wanted now. So we went our separate ways. He basically blocked me on all social media and totally ignored me when we saw each other in public. This was 2 years ago. Suddenly out of nowhere the other day he gives me a Christmas present. So I guess that means we're friends again? I dunno. We've been talking a little for a few days so we'll see. He's a decent guy so I hope we can really be friends again.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I've had several ex by now...and the reasons for breaking up were mostly my fault. if I talk about them I'll probably sound like a d!ck

There is a girl I like and I'm never going to get her. And in every relation I've been in, I always kept thinking about her. And lost interest in every relation in a month or two. The longest relationship I've had was around 6 months. Then I was looking for a reason to break up then acted like a d!ck to make her want to break up.

Yeah...I'm an unethical, immoral jerk.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh btw I don't hate any of my ex. I hope they are doing well. But I think majority of them hate me :feelsbadman

EmptySoul

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
My ex was this blue haired guy,pretty handsome too

He broke up with me

*cue Flashback*

Everything was perfect until one day we were on a hill together watching the sunset then suddenly out of nowhere he told me he wanted to break up
I was suprised and asked what happened,his next words crushed me

"I have a fianće"

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My last Ex is an Irish Girl named Katie. REALLY cute and she's so easy to talk to. Now it still sort of makes me sad because I had to break up with her after I left Ireland earlier in 2016. We'd spent a year and 4 months together. We're still really good friends but I've done Long dist relationships before and I'm never going through that again. :feelsbadman

luckydaisy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
To be honest, I kind of hate him. He found a new girlfriend while we were still dating and forgot to mention that, just started ignoring me.I thought he was cheating on me and asked if that was so and that I would really appreciate if he would be honest with me. And he was like yeah i'm dating with someone else. It still hurts and I did not get over it yet. I just don't understand how a person who meant so much to me could have done that behind my back. I understand that this is life and he might fall in love with someone else, but I think it is better to be honest in such case at least to show some kind of respect to the person whom you used to date.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
To be honest, I kind of hate him. He found a new girlfriend while we were still dating and forgot to mention that, just started ignoring me.I thought he was cheating on me and asked if that was so and that I would really appreciate if he would be honest with me. And he was like yeah i'm dating with someone else. It still hurts and I did not get over it yet. I just don't understand how a person who meant so much to me could have done that behind my back. I understand that this is life and he might fall in love with someone else, but I think it is better to be honest in such case at least to show some kind of respect to the person whom you used to date.
Damn that's petty and hope you're doing better now. As a guy the thing the drives men to cheat on women is cause of the sanity of having someone you can come back at the end of the day to do relationship stuff with such as hanging out, dinner, sex etc. I think it's more of a "carefree mentality" when it comes to us. Women I think when they cheat is more of cause of what their other half is lacking, whether it's just a sexual drive or things they simply don't have such as money. I don't know if there is levels to cheating (some people consider any level of cheating cheating) but I have girls who are my bestfriends, nothing romantic just they're real cool like how my bros are. I've texted them when I was in relationship and got accused by my ex of cheating but it was to ask them for advice about her lol. Guess it depends from person to person.

Milablaze

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This happened recently when I broke up with my ex.

First of all we are both 20 (now) and live in Canada. We dated from junior year all the way to our first year into college. She was kind but when it came to fights she sticked to her gut when arguing. We never did argue, just once because she was going to leave me if I went to school in California with my friend Nik. It went on and on about how she hated long distance and it would never work and I agree. But she wanted to throw away years of our relationship away because I wanted to go to a better school for my major(networking).

The next thing you know I hooked up with one of her friends and had sex with her that night. She found out and was pissed despite us breaking up over the school thing. So her friend Taylor drives me home(she picked me up first) and I look at my car to see a long line of sractched metal on the rear of my car. I at the time didn't know she found out but it must've been one of her friends that we went out with. Then I already drunk go and take a shower because it early in the morning and said I'll deal with it later. I wake up and see my card being charged for around $1500. My ex texted me about what did to my car and threatened to break my knees. So I went to her place because she was going pay for this shit. Then her dad comes out screaming at me and wants to fight. I don't know how to fight but if I had to fight I would mop the floor with the person. The cops come and a restraining order is filed and she had to pay for keying my car. But now she exposed me(can't say) and now I can't own a gun for 10 years because of a stupid law in Canada.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ouch...
Well we have a winner folks.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
All I have to say to that is.... bruh. Worst thing that happened to me regarding a break up was I never got back my favorite hat back. Here I thought that was that painful. Tbh, going after her friend was just asking for something bad to happen. RIP

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Only in America :cop

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My ex was this blue haired guy,pretty handsome too

He broke up with me

*cue Flashback*

Everything was perfect until one day we were on a hill together watching the sunset then suddenly out of nowhere he told me he wanted to break up
I was suprised and asked what happened,his next words crushed me

"I have a fianće"
Wow - most crushing romantic break-up ever?
Hope you're doing better now and will find someone new to love you for you!
((One that is not an axe-murder or engaged)) :hug
:comfort

Last edited:

YatoBest

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i broke up with her 'cause that relationship was dying

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, looking back I have two "Major" exes (The rest was never official/something that actually lasted)

Number 1 - I think this is the guy that honestly changed my life. I was 17. He was a bit of a player. I knew that beforehand, yet fell in love anyway. He was charming, a bit sly. He had me wrapped around his finger in no time to be honest. Wasn't the best relationship as that man is quite manipulative. He would guilt trip me over everything, making situations seem like he was the innocent one and I did everything wrong. Yet I'd do anything for him, just to make him happy. Silly girls in love I guess. It didn't last very long. As I mentioned before, he was a player. I don't think I need to explain that any further. Especially when he started dating this other girl three days after the breakup. We actually dated twice, and broke up twice come to think about it.
We actually stayed in touch. A lot. Just as friends. I was angry at first, but he just charmed me I guess. Even though he had hurt me a lot, he was always the one who say right through me. The only one that noticed when I was sad. In the end, he did help me overcome my depression back then. He might be an asshole, but I'm really thankful for him being in my life. He helped me live again and become so much more stronger.
In the end, he FINALLY started dating someone seriously, but that woman didn't like him talking to me. So we lost contact. He's been reaching out to me after they'd broken up, after two years or so. Contact is cool, a bit distant it seems.

Number 2 - Well, it's a funny story. Number 1 set me up with this guy. He was sensitive, very understanding and kind. In a way he felt like the perfect guy. Always spoiling me. Yet, I felt trapped. Felt like I needed to break out and be free again. It took me 3 months to break up with him properly because he just didn't understand :') Kept convincing me to stay. After that, we were friends. Nowadays no contact at all though.
Sometimes I feel like in the end, I didn't even like him that much in the first place.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
He would guilt trip me over everything, making situations seem like he was the innocent one and I did everything wrong. Yet I'd do anything for him, just to make him happy.
I'm dying off this line because I can relate :D I couldn't even tell you why guys play the victim more than girls. Might be a pride thing I guess.

Felt like I needed to break out and be free again. It took me 3 months to break up with him properly because he just didn't understand :')
I was just talking someone on this exact same thing. When I was younger I would of been like "tf? girls can be so big-headed" but I understand now. Being too pampered/worshiped really ain't healthy. It makes the relationship feel more one-sided than equal. Like it's different treating your gf/bf like a queen or king, it's another to be their servant. That's why I dislike the feeling of I'm "chasing" someone cause I've definitely did that before plenty of times. Some girls look it as cute, most look it as thirsty. It can work but usually doesn't. End of the day, if someone really wants to talk to you they will.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Heyyyyy,good to have found this Thread really guess i'll share my Story about me and my EX as well.

I was together with her for a Year actually but really loved did i feel for only half a year
That was when she started seeing me and my "Friend", At the Same time
Before that however
She wanted me to Marry her.
After Half a year
and she told that she wanted to become a House Wife and take care of the Kids while i go and work for us
But that didn´t sit right with me.
1.Because we were together for just Half a Year
2.Because i wasn´t ready for it at that Point in my Life,i mean Kids,looking for a Place to live my Studies etc.
3.Because i would never want to reduce my GF/Wife to be a House Wife the Whole Time of our Marriage
She should have her own Life with me if you know what i mean.
A Job if she wants to Be Independent from me.
I mean sure if she wants to be a House Wife i should let her be but:
Something like that needs time,
and alot Talking with each other to decide whats right
I don´t want her to have regrets actually
Anyway,after i told her off basically,she started seeing me less and after another half a Year i found her in Bed with my "Friend" at her Place when i wanted to talk with her.
I was close to collapsing back there from pure Shock.
I´ll never forget it.
I nearly fell down the Stairs at her Place
And just walked away,afterwards I sat down at a Bench to focus myself...calm down
before going home I was crushed.
I felt at fault back then maybe If i had said yes to her back then....
it could've been different...just maybe.
I think its not Farfetched of me to say that looking back on it that this was certainly one of the Worst Times in my Life
i still saw them in School
And they tried apologizing to me
But i was so Mad at them back then I couldn´t control myself really i have to admit.
I don´t know what was wrong with me back then
I was confused about myself for quite awhile anyone who has gone through something similar can probably understand that Feeling.

I can gladly say that i am over it today,i tried to forget it but that wasn't so easy so i forgave them for it...i saw them sometimes afterwards,maybe they got married in the meantime,well i forgave them but made peace with myself to never be involved with them again and they understood.
And honestly,while i may have forgiven them and broke up any contact with them,i sure hope i never have to see them again because it would certainly remind me of those Times.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Heyyyyy,good to have found this Thread really guess i'll share my Story about me and my EX as well.

I was together with her for a Year actually but really loved did i feel for only half a year
That was when she started seeing me and my "Friend", At the Same time
Before that however
She wanted me to Marry her.
After Half a year
and she told that she wanted to become a House Wife and take care of the Kids while i go and work for us
But that didn´t sit right with me.
1.Because we were together for just Half a Year
2.Because i wasn´t ready for it at that Point in my Life,i mean Kids,looking for a Place to live my Studies etc.
3.Because i would never want to reduce my GF/Wife to be a House Wife the Whole Time of our Marriage
She should have her own Life with me if you know what i mean.
A Job if she wants to Be Independent from me.
I mean sure if she wants to be a House Wife i should let her be but:
Something like that needs time,
and alot Talking with each other to decide whats right
I don´t want her to have regrets actually
Anyway,after i told her off basically,she started seeing me less and after another half a Year i found her in Bed with my "Friend" at her Place when i wanted to talk with her.
I was close to collapsing back there from pure Shock.
I´ll never forget it.
I nearly fell down the Stairs at her Place
And just walked away,afterwards I sat down at a Bench to focus myself...calm down
before going home I was crushed.
I felt at fault back then maybe If i had said yes to her back then....
it could've been different...just maybe.
I think its not Farfetched of me to say that looking back on it that this was certainly one of the Worst Times in my Life
i still saw them in School
And they tried apologizing to me
But i was so Mad at them back then I couldn´t control myself really i have to admit.
I don´t know what was wrong with me back then
I was confused about myself for quite awhile anyone who has gone through something similar can probably understand that Feeling.

I can gladly say that i am over it today,i tried to forget it but that wasn't so easy so i forgave them for it...i saw them sometimes afterwards,maybe they got married in the meantime,well i forgave them but made peace with myself to never be involved with them again and they understood.
And honestly,while i may have forgiven them and broke up any contact with them,i sure hope i never have to see them again because it would certainly remind me of those Times.
Well if she could betray you with your "friend" of all people then you're much better off without her :)