Discussion - How do you guys feel about Meliodas Demon King Form? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How do you guys feel about Meliodas Demon King Form?

weaboochan25

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I mean personally I gave it a 6 out of 10, I love how looks older and he has a longer hair, his armor glove, and his blacks wings were badass, cool suit but I feel Nabake could've done better because in the past chapters we keep seeing Meliodas's shadow which loos monstrous and giant and I thought we were gonna see it as his true form as the next demon king, For example, he could look like a giant human with black markings and horns like his father and his previous demonic form looked more demonic. Even Zeldris looked more demonic than Meliodas.

From scale 1 to 10 what would you give it?

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ll give it an 8. I thought it looked pretty cool, but how is outfit was skin tight and the lack of a demon mark prevent me from giving it a 10.

Also, initially it was disappointing in that we saw his aura before and the size of the cocoon made me think it would be similar in size to final form DK Zel.

weaboochan25

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I’ll give it an 8. I thought it looked pretty cool, but how is outfit was skin tight and the lack of a demon mark prevent me from giving it a 10.

Also, initially it was disappointing in that we saw his aura before and the size of the cocoon made me think it would be similar in size to final form DK Zel.
Yeah, that skin-tight suite was the one that really put me off, thank you for replying :)

ArdaLinea

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I would've really loved it if the Demon King possession plot didn't happen.
The potential of a well-written fight against Mel (and the dialogue, I guess) would've been fun to read, but I guess Nakaba just screws us over every time.

weaboochan25

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I would've really loved it if the Demon King possession plot didn't happen.
The potential of a well-written fight against Mel (and the dialogue, I guess) would've been fun to read, but I guess Nakaba just screws us over every time.
Yeah, I felt like the demonic possession makes sense because you know Demon king wants to remain the ruler of the demons and rule Britannia but the fight was okay : / Thank you for replying : )

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I guess you're talking about the adult one, the one that got possessed by the DK. Personally, I really liked the design, I would give it a solid 8. As shitty as the DK was as a villain, all designs related to him were really cool. The tatoos, the armor, the secondary arms, the black thorns, it looked pretty similar to the shadow we saw previously behind Mel to some extent. Initially I thought that this was his initial form and once he got fully adapted to the vessel he would change into a more monstruous form, just like DK Zel, and exactly like the Mel shadow but sadly that never happened. That battle had soo much potential that it's actually ridiculous and impressive at the same time how Nakaba managed to completely throw all of that to the trash can.

In contrast, I don't like the form Mel takes on his own, even though it's exactly the same, the only difference is the body maturity and the color of the thorns above his head. He looks like a kid on steroids with epic clothes. I would rarely call that a design truly befitting of a king, tbh, but that's just my opinion of course.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
It looks pretty good when it is the Demon King possessing Meliodas, a design truly befitting one of being King, but when Meliodas own version of it.. trash.

Because he goes back to his chapter 1 look, it just looks stupid and almost non-threatening on Meliodas. Plus, it doesn't help that we never saw him actually fighting in it. All he ever did was use it to supposedly break the curse and destroy the commandments. If we saw him using it against final form DK Zeldris, then I would've taken it a lot more seriously.

The one positive note the Demon King had going for him throughout the entire series was his design. As pathetic and boring as his character was at times, his designs that Nakaba would give him were very impressive.

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
as a design you mean?

well as a design it was pretty ok the only things i did not liked that much where those wierd hands it had but i quess whatever makes the author happy.

Overrall though in the story totally wasted and was overshadowed by ban showing off his new powers.