Recipes - How do you prefer your drinks? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Recipes How do you prefer your drinks?

How do you prefer your drinks in?

• Total voters

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Interesting question which I have never been asked before, in real life or online XD For some reason, when I drink from a cup it tastes different :S Plastic bottles are okay, but as my parents seem to always say, drinking from them all the time isn't good for my health -sigh- Glass bottles? No. So that only leaves the last option: can. I don't drink beer or coke at all, probably once or twice within a year, but for some reason it feels nicer to the lips than anything else.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
It doesn't normally make a difference for me from what I drink, but it always depends on the mood and situation. When I'm at some party with friends I normally drink beer from glass bottles or from cans. When I'm at hom with my family I drink from a glass cup. When I'm in a bar I normally drink from a bottle, but if it's something more like a restaraunt the give beer only in glass cups.:)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Beer doesn't taste like shit!

Anyways, my position hasn't changed much since I last wrote here. drinking out of a can plainly sucks, it ruins the drink and frankly, it is a tad uncomfortable. Glass cup or bottle is definitely the way to go.

faintsmile1992

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
It bloody well does taste like shit! ;) I guess its an 'acquired taste', which means that if you drink it often enough, you people convince yourself you like it lol. Wine sucks too!

And you're right, cans are uncomfortable, I don't remember the last time I drank out of a can. I usually drink soy milk or orange juice out of cartons, other than that its glass and plastic bottles for me. Ginger beer, tonic water and lemonade FTW.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not necessarily.... I don't even remember not liking either beer or wine...

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Beer is an acquired taste, which is a statement I never believed since I didn't drink til I was 19 and now there's nothing better than a cold beer during a hot summer's day.

As for how I like my drink; in whatever I can put it in. When I go out I drink in glasses as that's how they serve it you. If I'm at home and having wine for example, I'm not going to wash a wine glass just so I could drink out of it. I'll use whatever I have.

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Not necessarily.... I don't even remember not liking either beer or wine...
Beer is an acquired taste, which is a statement I never believed since I didn't drink til I was 19 and now there's nothing better than a cold beer during a hot summer's day.
Well different strokes for different folks, I mean some boys don't even like strokes of the cane! ;)

And I still notice there's no option to vote for cardboard cartons in the poll, either the ones with a straw or the ones with a thingy on the top makin it a cardboard bottle.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, you wouldn't regularly drink out of a carton lol. Anyways, I do like tetrapack. Back when I lived at the states I was unfortunately caught in the whole milk scam.... As we all know milk there is sold in gallon or litter plastic bottles and as a result milk goes bad in a week even in the fridge. This means that at most you can buy 1 gallon of milk at a time meaning that if you intend on having milk for breakfast regularly you need to go to the store at a bare minimum once a week. More so, milk is located at the farthest corner possible from the entrance of the supermarket so even though you want to buy "only" milk you end up getting a bunch of other stuff which you either remembered, want to try or simply got a craving for as you walked by(I had known that for years and yet I never walked out of that damn place with just milk lol)... If I could buy tetrapack I would be able to buy 20 liters of it at a time and go to buy it once a month lol. The sheer amount of gas that is spent every year to get just milk is probably quite remarkable to say the least. Someone should do a research on the environmental effects of taking that weekly trip to get milk that everyone in the US must have done 50 times a year lol.

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Actually, most of the things I drink are out of cartons (soy milk and fruit juice). Only the fizzy pop I drink comes out of glass and plastic bottles. And no, I can never be bothered to pour anything I drink into a cup or a drinking glass.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
In you I didn't "you" per say, I meant that like people in general lol.... Sorry about the confusion though. Not used to sharing are you lol :p

faintsmile1992

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
No I'm not, I don't want germs from anyone else's mouths and the cups or glasses might be dirty. But I also can't be bothered to pour, it's one of those pointless habits other people have.

And don't worry, I take things literally.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, under the scenario that you only drink straight out of the carton and that you had 1 liter cartons (It seems more logical than having a bunch of the smaller kiddie ones) then you would putting your own saliva on them (unless you took the trouble of drinking without touching the carton) and then you would put it back in the fridge with all your germs (which are 99% the same germs you would find in the mouth of other people) to fester and multiply. Then you would return and drink again.... Drinking straight out of a plastic bottle would be pretty similar in that regard though. On the other hand, that pointless habit would pretty much save you the festering germs from the carton lol (specially since you could make sure there aren't germs on your glasses every time).

---------- Post added February 08, 2012 at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was February 03, 2012 at 06:39 PM ----------

How does everyone feel about rum? Lately I have actually begun to enjoy it... Cocktails and drinks with rum seem smoother than things with tequila or vodka and the taste of rum seems somewhat nicer overall. Any thoughts(or drinks :p) on rum?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been into rum for a while, Navy Rum particularly Lamb's Navy Rum. For cocktails...hmmmm not sure, will look for some.

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot drink alcohol; can't stand the stuff. Sweet drinks are my vice.