How does full power Baam compare to Dumas? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

How does full power Baam compare to Dumas?

MonsterBaam

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
In his battle against Dumas , Baam didn't use his thorn , Blue Thryssa , Red Thryssa , Leviathan's power etc.

So with all the above power combined , can he beat dumas? If not how does he compare to dumas in general?

Blooming_Lotus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, even tho I am here for over a month, I still don't know how to post an image otherwise I would have shown you, he used all thorn, BT, RT, shinsu black hole sphere and levi

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, even tho I am here for over a month, I still don't know how to post an image otherwise I would have shown you, he used all thorn, BT, RT, shinsu black hole sphere and levi
Why do so many members not know how to insert pictures?

Click on this:

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
That's a tricky question.

From a narrative standpoint, I think we're meant to believe he did everything he could against Dumas. Khun was "dead" and Rak massacred. He was up against one of the strongest High Rankers in the Tower, someone who had already negged him beforehand (alongside Jinsung, Yama and Karaka). Even he did say that none of his attacks worked on Dumas. He was so desperate that he had no choice but to rely on Dragon Tiger Gate, a technique he had never used before and that only saw his master do once. Given the entire context, it doesn't make any sense to believe he was holding back.

Yet it's true that if we look at all the tools he should have, he didn't go all-out. He didn't use the 1st Thorn Ignition (Stab), he didn't use the Second Thorn, he didn't use his Revolution mode (horns), nor the external transformation of Red/Blue Thryssa or the souls. Aside from Leviathan's power, the 1st Thorn amp, and Shinwonryu, he hardly used anything else.

So dunno. SIU's writing regarding the usage of Baam's powers is quite messy, to say the least. Baam himself also thinks he's weaker than Jinsung and White (CC Tier fighters), both far weaker than Dumas. Personally, I'm going to assume that his body is not strong enough to handle all the powers he has simultaneously. If he uses as much of Levi's power as he can, it doesn't leave much room for him to use the rest of his powers.

So with that mind, he's strong enough to destroy the average BH (like Wiwi), but not strong enough to have a guaranteed win against a CC Tier fighter. I'd put him on the lower end of the CC Tier as of now (beneath Prime White and peak Jinsung). Gets easily massacred by Dumas, as we saw on-screen already.

Kiibou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
^^^ agree with shadowlord

We will probably never see Bam using all his powers at once, or drawn with all his powers. Even Dark Change Bam didn’t use the thorn ignition stab but that was clearly his strongest state in the entire series, probably even counting the latest chapter.

only that Bam stand a chance against Dumas. The rest of his power/form gets folded.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Baam has probably more raw power than even most of the strongest Towerborns right now. But he can't maintain that power for long.

What even is Full Power Baam? It means he has the two Thorn fragments ignited, with Red, Blue Thryssa and Leviathan Mimesis at the max level that he can use. How long can he last like that? Probably a few seconds. I am certain that the best fighters will be able to deal with it with ease simply because of these issues. The fact that he still hasn't fully absorbed these fragments is bothering me to this day. It only happened against Data Zahard and never again. His Shinwonryu is also underdeveloped, he hasn't a complete one like Traumerei who has All Creatures.

Against the strongest Towerborns, Baam has just raw power. He is far less skilled, has less experience.

I find it strange when people say "Baam hasn't gone all out, if he did he would have won". He can't keep fighting at full power because it's too draining for him and even with that power, some characters can overcome him with skills.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My take would be that bam is nowhere near dumas. And even if he were to use literally every boost he has into a single attack and land the hit it wouldn't make that big a difference. Maybe he caused an injury but with or without armor dumas seems ridiculous.