Seinen - How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Title: How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword
Type: Manga
Associated title(s): 片乳首出したおっさんの後つけたら天空の剣見つけた, 片乳首出したおっさんの後つけたら天空の剣見つけた wwww, Bonfire NEET
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Slice of Life
Author(s): Ydmphso2
Artist(s): Nikiichi Tobita
Publisher:
Start Date and End: 2009
Chapters read at the time of review:
Additional Notes:
Baka-manga Updates had this in this description: "Adapted from the 'How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Swordwwww' thread started by an anonymous poster with the ID YDmPhSO2 on 2ch." This work is a parody of Dragon Quest V.

Nikiichi Tobita is working on another manga entitled Monster X Monster.

Short Summary:
An epic tale of demons, monsters and nipples, oh my! Come and see the transformation of the bonfire NEET of Santa Rosa named Baki who is both jobless and homeless. For ten years, he lived a mundane life ritually tending mediocre bonfires day and night. One day, Baki spies out an exposed nipple of a boorish man named Papas. Whether it was destiny or not, Papa's exposed nipple starts Baki's on a journey to become the legendary hero ... or not.

Art:
The art is very good but it is not finalized meaning that the scenes has not been cleaned and inked. This is forgivable because as long as the art stays consistent, this gives the manga a distinct character. Compared to Nikiichi Tobita artwork in Monster X Monster, we can see a clear difference between a finalized look and a draft. Either way, we can see that Nikiichi Tobita is a very skilled artist that has his own unique character designs.

Characters:
Baki
He spends all his time building bonfires and keeping himself warm. He gets by from what the town gives him.

Papas
A hero of great renown. His nipple caught the keen attention of Baki. He is accompanied by his son.

Purple
His Papas' son and accompanies his father. At times, he would go see what Baki is up to.

Impression:
I think the name could have been shorter or perhaps it could be referred to as Bonfire NEET.

The story's first impression is more comedic but beings to take a serious tone after a few chapters. As the manga progresses, Baki's sincerity is felt as he himself changes. I've taken a liking to the story because I could see how Baki is changing.

Recommendation:
I recommend it for the general audience especially for those that enjoy RPG be it table-top games or traditional RPG games. Those that have played Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride might appreciate it more.

Last edited: