Discussion - How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How Powerful Is Enel considering everyone now?

poopoomaru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I decided I want to go back and take a look at some arcs I never got a chance to read, the Skypiea Arc, and this guy Enel is interesting me. His bounty was said by Oda in a SBS to be, if he had one, would be as high as 500,000,000. He was nearly omnipotent, and a logia user. He sounds really crazy.

This happened awhile ago though. So really, how powerful do you think he is now compared to everything we have been seeing so far?

Roarchu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Imagine that Akainu's df was completely useless against luffy, who'd win? I'm not saying Luffy'd win, but he stands a hell lot more chance now

If I think about the plot, i don't think he can be stronger than the admirals. But when I don't consider the plot I think he definitely is up there...or maybe a little less or maybe a little more...I don't know...

If he went to the marines and said he wanted to become one they'd be like "oh shi-! let's open a 4th admiral spot for this guy!"

Last edited:

undertoe

Reaction score
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
His fighting power is above average, but his DF is extremely powerful. It'd take a very strong haki user to stand a chance against him.

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States
Enel was redonk. His fighting prowess was above average for sure (took more than a few Luffy blows), his DF is god class, and he is the most powerful mantra user we've seen to date. He'd almost certainly be an admiral if he were a Marine. Now would he be the weakest Admiral? IDK, maybe, but he'd certainly be an Admiral if their could be four.

Shame on you BTW, for not reading every arc.

RichardMNixon

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's a glass cannon. Luffy had him on the ground begging for mercy after two or three hits. He has logia dispersion and a hell of an attack, but Garp, Marco, or Blackbeard would beat him to a bloody pulp one on one.

Luffy straight up tells Enel he's nothing special: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/282/12/ and Luffy isn't one to boast or bluff.

poopoomaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's a glass cannon. Luffy had him on the ground begging for mercy after two or three hits. He has logia dispersion and a hell of an attack, but Garp, Marco, or Blackbeard would beat him to a bloody pulp one on one.

Luffy straight up tells Enel he's nothing special: http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/282/12/ and Luffy isn't one to boast or bluff.
But Garp, Marco, and Blackbeard would all have been hit by his lightning attacks, do you think they were strong enough to be able to incapacitate or at least be effective against them? Sure they could hit him, but with Enel using mantra to always be aware of their movements and his own ridiculous offensive abilities, would they have a chance to use Haki and their incredible strength to destroy him? Yes? No?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The admirals have a combination of actual strength -not just DF power-, experience and insane DFs, that is why they are where they are. IMHO enel depends on the advantages of his fruit a lot more -has less physical capacities- and has less experience although he could make up for that with his mantra. I think enel is up there with the top of the world in strength due to his DF although I do think everyone who is considered top tier could take him -a few shichibukai, admirals, sengoku, garp and probably a few VAs other than garp-.

Ashura_Ichibugin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I can say he is slightly less powerful than the current admirals, but strong enough to be an admiral, possibly the weakest one. In my opinion, his df is the craziest one so far, better than ice, light and magma. He has complete mastery of his df, to the extent of restarting his heart using it. He has insane mantra and his physical abilities are not bad.

St Michael

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah his DF is impressive.

But remember that he actually killed nobody during the arc. Not even the fodder.

His logia isn't as destructive if you ask me , as the admiral's.

Yeah and he's not that tough. He would have be beaten down damn quickly during the war.

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Luffy doesn't have much experience sailing the seas either. It's not like he knows there are stronger people than Enel. He just believes it. Certainly not an argument on how strong Enel really is.

Anyway, I can't say that I can imagine a lot of people being able to beat him. I don't know what qualifies Blackbeard, for example. He takes too many blows. And lightning strike is not something you can just brush off. And those lightnings do come in fast.
At the very least, I'd say that he would stand a chance against anyone who's not immune to lightning. Just think off all the trouble Luffy had to go through to beat him, and he was immune to lightning attacks.

As for him falling from Luffy's attacks. Those attacks have worked equally on any opponent Luffy has met so far, flying and blood included. Luffy is crazy strong, that shouldn't be forgotten. He sent Lucci flying, he sent Blackbeard flying and he even sent Garp flying. They all bled. And yes, while Garp actually let Luffy hit him, it doesn't change the fact that he was launched to the ground by the punch.

Duc :D

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's a matter of fact that Zoro and the others all withstood enels lightning strikes, however even top tiers wouldn't fight effectively after receiving a 100.000 v blow so its again that ppl have to look how 2 powers match each others... who knows

I could imagine Kizaru and also garp to be fast enough to evade his lightining strikes so garp would beat the shit out of him and send him as a crybaby to his mama.

frontaLobotomy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Enel is insanely powerful, like all Logia users. The one drawback is that there are DFs out there that directly counter his, like the Gomu Gomu No Mi, and probably Sengoku's Daibutsu type DF as he is made of stone. On the Blue Sea, it probably would have taken an Admiral or Yonkou to take him down.

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Enel's logia is mostly what makes him powerful, though Mantra backed up his fighting ability well, he was still only on par with, or slightly below, a pre-gears Luffy.

I would say that anyone who can beat Luffy now, can bypass logia intangibility and can take some lightning shots that, let's face it, aren't as powerful as they were hyped to be since really every single person hit by the electricity lived: should be able to beat Enel.

Major problem with Enel is his mental instability. The main reason Luffy was able to beat Enel was because he broke the bubble Enel lived in where he claimed himself as a God. Anyone who can get one strike on Enel instantly has a major advantage.

Also: Oda's 500mil estimation is not just battle prowess, but threat level. Enel is able to destroy entire islands with a well charged attack. Even if he was physically weaker than Ussop, if you can destroy an entire island you're pretty dam threatening. And as mentioned, Enel's mental instability would inevitably lead him to clash with many many people.

Where would I rate him? Probably around the mid-high level WB Division Commanders.

RichardMNixon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy doesn't have much experience sailing the seas either. It's not like he knows there are stronger people than Enel. He just believes it. Certainly not an argument on how strong Enel really is.

Anyway, I can't say that I can imagine a lot of people being able to beat him. I don't know what qualifies Blackbeard, for example. He takes too many blows. And lightning strike is not something you can just brush off. And those lightnings do come in fast.
At the very least, I'd say that he would stand a chance against anyone who's not immune to lightning. Just think off all the trouble Luffy had to go through to beat him, and he was immune to lightning attacks.

As for him falling from Luffy's attacks. Those attacks have worked equally on any opponent Luffy has met so far, flying and blood included. Luffy is crazy strong, that shouldn't be forgotten. He sent Lucci flying, he sent Blackbeard flying and he even sent Garp flying. They all bled. And yes, while Garp actually let Luffy hit him, it doesn't change the fact that he was launched to the ground by the punch.
Whitebeard's quake isn't something you can just brush off either but Akainu and Blackbeard did. Yes, I do think the fighters at the top of the world can survive some lightning blasts and get in to hurt him. He's not the only one in the world who can predict moves, I'm sure the upper tiers are used to it. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/519/12/

Luffy didn't get hurt that badly by Enel. The gold thing was obnoxious, that's about the best he did. Physically I wouldn't put him too far above Arlong. People constantly belabor how weak Moria is (even Oda has joined the fun...) and he hurt Luffy a great deal more than Enel did, and that was with gears.

I'm not complaining about him falling or bleeding. Yes, Lucci, Blueno, Croc, etc. all fell and bled, but then they immediately got back up to fight, they didn't go down like a sack of potatoes spitting up blood and begging Luffy to stop, then whimpering on the ground that they couldn't move. http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/281/17/

Rokushiki users can dodge Luffy's attacks with ease and even some of his gear 2 attacks. Enel WITH MANTRA often wasn't fast enough to dodge Luffy's normal attacks. His speed is limited by his subpar reflexes. His mantra might tell him Garp is coming, but he's not going to be able to do anything about it.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
One second after Enel realized his Devil Fruit is useless against Luffy, Luffy ended up like this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/280/06/

So, that Mantra thing (Haki?) or whatever added to his Kizaru-alike Devil Fruit makes him very dangerous.

I would rank him around the Shichibukai.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichardMNixon

Reaction score
Country
United States
One second after Enel realized his Devil Fruit is useless against Luffy, Luffy ended up like this:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/280/06/
That was 300 chapters ago, what would happen if Luffy was in Gear 2nd? Knowing an attack is coming doesn't help Enel if his reflexes aren't good enough to do anything about it, and from what we've seen, they aren't. Lucci caught Luffy's gatling without being able to see the future: Enel can't keep up with the big boys in physical prowess.

undertoe

Reaction score
Country
Umm al-Qaiwan
Even Luffy has predicted attacks before... http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/561/05/

Think how much stronger Luffy has gotten since he defeated Enel, yet he still can't keep up with much of the world.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Enel mastered his Logia-type DF to the same extent Crocodile mastered his. He possesses physical strength that allowed him to tank Luffy's attacks and even stop several of Luffy's assaults midway through the attack. In addition, Enel has strong AoE attacks that can destroy an entire island when amped up. Enel also has excellent reaction speed thanks to his mantra ability. The guy raped everyone he came across prior to meeting Luffy. Lastly, Oda did mention that if Enel were given a bounty, it'd be $500,000,000 berries, which is much higher than any of the current 11 Supernova bounties. Enel's power is almost legendary, or in the same tier as Jinbei and Ace.

BetaRuler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think his powers rate him Admiral class, but his weakness is lack of experiance and especially his lack of physical pain, otherwise he'd easily be capable of becoming something like a Yonkou.

Many characters wouldn't have any tricks up their sleeves that would let them hit Enel, nor get close to Enel, the problem would be "how do you avoid getting zapped"

Would Kizaru be able to own Enel? How would light hitting Lightning work out? I'd imagine it would be like Akainu and Ace's logia's logic.

Junior

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
He's definitely Admiral Level in my eyes.

Calling him anything less, in my opinion, is pretty silly. The only reason why Luffy got as far as he did was because (lets face it) he was made of Rubber.

I will admit that Enel does seem to be a "Glass Cannon" as someone put it earlier. His destructive power is off the charts but he doesn't seem like...he's all that good at taking hits. Probably because under normal circumstance, with his mantra and logia abilities, he wouldn't have to. . .

I will say that I think he'd be one of the weaker Admirals overall, though.

Overall meaning...yeah he has hella AoE attacks and destructive force but I don't see him taking the kind of punishment that..lets say..Akainu took sustained from Whitebeard.