Question - How should Attack on Titan End? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How should Attack on Titan End?

Super Angillis

Reviewer
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It'll turn out that he wasn't joking when he said the Titans eat everyone.

Other than that
-Joke endings
-Beast Titan decides the whole Titan experiment isn't working, so instead he makes intelligent apes, Eventually giving Charlton Heston a rude surprise.
-Final battle against the true Titan Master. Eren is hopelessly overpowered, and no one elses attacks even make a scratch. But then the belief of humanity of everyone in Eren empowers him and he transforms into his true final form: And Ultraman! A single specium ray kills the endboss, and it turns out the series was really a Prequel to the Ultraman franchise.
-Suddenly a technologically advanced group from across the ocean shows up in mecha and easily exterminate the titans. With Lasers.

Serious Ideas- Well a big thing is what the Warriors group are really like. That is going to affect everything. First idea, the Titans are beaten, but a new war begins, since their is too much hostility between the Walls and the Warriors, showing that just because one war ends, it doesn't mean another won't begin.
Or the really depressing one.
The Titan's are beaten, but Eren loses his mind and is locked into Titan form, and looses his mind. Mikisha tries to snap him out of it, but Eren kills her proving he is too far gone. Eren is eventually killed, and everyone rejoices that the Titans are now gone. Except for Armin, who now hates mankind for celebrating when his friends were killed, and becomes bitter.

Tantamare

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to see Mikasa become a Titan. Mikeren tag team?

How about the unexpected? Levi becomes a Titan against humankind, he never really "hated" Titans. He's always been kind of neutral. I wouldn't be surprised if Erwin's arm came back either.

Last edited:

theruleofflaw

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Everyone will die and Eren will be the last one to go and witness all of his friends' death. Then he wakes up from his dream from the first episode where Mikasa woke him up and he cried.

Themistocles

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like the idea of Eren using his newfound 'Titan controlling powers' to awaken the Titans within the walls, to either defeat the rest of the Titans, or the Warriors or whoever, and possibly killing Eren in the process, a sacrifice to ensure the survival of mankind on earth, plus it gets ride of the walls.

Tantamare

Reaction score
Country
United States
Everyone will die and Eren will be the last one to go and witness all of his friends' death. Then he wakes up from his dream from the first episode where Mikasa woke him up and he cried.
Wait, is this legit? This sounds legit, holy fuck please don't be a spoiler! If this happened I'd fucking rape the creator myself (out of hatred).

RIplian

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Don't really mind much else so long as Historia marries Ymir before the end.

As for the ending, I'm guessing of the trio, only Armin makes it, with Mikasa dying while defending Eren from Super Duper Ultra God Creator That is Messing With Everyone Because Control is Fun That We Haven't Heard of Yet. Then Eren pulls an Aerith and saves the day while sacrificing himself to whatever passes as a lifestream here.

What I would like to see is Historia being manipulated/tricked/turncoated by her dad to help them assert their power under the promise of allowing Ymir to come back. Reiss explains his objective, Historia agrees, and Eren gets to hear it all since they figure they will kill him soon anyway. Whatever it is is so shocking that it really shakes Eren up. Cue entrance of Levi attack squad. Eren gets free, gets pinned down inside the walls while Scout Legion peeps die, gets extremely desperate, and then resorts to freeing Annie (using some sort of Coordinate ability), and convinces her to help him somehow (maybe with his p*$%#, or something equally as great).

Eren's new mission would be to kill off the enemies on both sides while bringing whoever was willing together, and then bringing everything to balance -or at least killing everyone that would risk human extinction. Cue death. Boom.

But what will really happen will probably be:
1- this series drags on with continual plot blocks, new big bads, and even more questions until nobody cares after Chapter 256.
2- a super plot twist where everything is an test made by high tech futuristic society for the lulz of the general population.
3- they eventually make like the mistranslated title and invade the Titan Shifter land and kill them all. Oh, and in a twist, the main settlement is called "Titan."

Last edited:

Super Angillis

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope to make it to the end without getting banned for finally snapping and making the dirty joke involving Historia and Ymir that's in my head.

Actually it'd be kinda sad if Eren doesn't ever get to see the world outside the walls. Before his goal was "Kill all Titans" it was to see that world, and he still has it.

And the last scene should have someone say something funny, then freeze frame on everyone laughing, and roll end credits on that shot.

RIplian

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What if Titans laugh at the last scene? Would that count?

Super Angillis

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did say everybody laughs. That would include the Titans.

princesszelda

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eren, Mikasa and Armin are unable to fight and are surrounded by titans, all the other died eaten by titans even Levi, so Eren kills Armin and Mikasa to spare them from being eaten by a titan, then he just waits for a titan to end with his life, but suddenly his father appears and he's able to control the titans and revert them to humans and he tells Eren he finally found what he's looking for and that humanity is saved, then Eren loses his mind because he just killed his two best friends right before humanity won the war. (loosely inspired by The Mist, since Isayama's first planned ending was inspired by that movie so yeah.)

No but seriously, I just hope then ending isn't too tragic, I don't want a completely happy ending either because it wouldn't fit with SnK and it's tone. I guess I just want to see the trio survive and them finally reaching the sea.

But one of the things I can see happening is that Mikasa kills Eren because he either looses control totally as a titan or even as a human he can't control his coordinate power and becomes a threat to humanity, maybe he even kills humans during his rage (inspired with the "see you later, Eren" scene and what Reiner said with Eren being the person who shouldn't have such power) I also think Armin will survive but with a disability, most likely lost of sight it would be ironic and just tragic, I just feel like he has already lost part of his humanity and his innocence, so it would fit that he 'lost sight of dreams'..... I don't know why but I feel like the trio will have a really tragic ending. Just really hope this doesn't happen...

RIplian

Reaction score
Country
Germany
New ending: beast titan comes and turns everyone into dumb titans. Shift to everyone dreaming a melancholy, idealized fantasy (like when Eren lost it momentarily in Trost). Cue depression. Fin.

ArtIristic

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Y'know, everyone just having a nice dream for all eternity doesn't sound too bad.
Then everyone, with the power of friendship, manages to escape their idealized fantasy, because all the other people who turned into Titans "didn't believe hard enough."
I really hope the author doesn't pull that. I hate friendship and their magical capabilities. Love too.
Only Kamina can do it right, though.

PatternAgainstUser

Reaction score
Country
United States
The human-titan conflict ends in mutual destruction. Sasha is the sole survivor and gets to hunt everything.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

But seriously, I'm hoping for a bittersweet ending--not happy, not melodramatically tragic. Either humanity dies out and titans becomes the new 'humanity,' or Eren and co. really do kill every last titan (bringing up some moral questions about humanity's right to existence), or humans and titans learn to live together somehow (or both sides get wiped out). I wouldn't be against titans forming a new civilization that replaces humanity. If humans do survive, I'd expect a number of people to have a hard time adjusting to new life. Not only has everybody faced a lot of trauma, but they're used to living in a hostile environment--even before they joined the military, even before Shiganshina was attacked, the human characters grew up in fear and oppression. At this point, the idea of conflict is so engrained in them, it's probably hard to imagine living in peace. Some characters would be able to bounce back and move on, others would have dehabilitating PTSD and not know how to be anything other than an active soldier.

Or at least that would be a "realistic" ending. Idk that the series will actually end that way though.

KaiserSenpai420

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never thought about this, more worried about where the titans came from exactly.

The Sunflower of Anime

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I have thought about that stuff a long time ago. So I will write my theory of the ending and the fate of characters:
  • Eren: will die either way so we can expect the Ending of his death and maybe he is the one who impregnates Historia to have childeren to eat him and to keep Zeke alive ( but no longer) and both of brothers will make peace between Eldians and Marleys and both of them died eating by Historia's childeren.
  • Mikasa: I actually feel bad for her because she loves Eren very much and loosing him means her death. And she will be so angry and depressed when she know that Eren and Historia have a childeren to eat them later. But if Eren died then she would love Jean because Jean is her only choise and he also loed a long time ago . They are most likly ended up together because as far as I read the Manga no one of both died so far.And they would married and have child called Eren.
  • Armin: I know he is a shifter titan and will die after 13 years and of course will be eaten by someone the I think one Historia's childeren will eat Armin to have his titanpower but before that I wish he will be a commander and take Erwin's place and then he can die in peace because he saw the see and it was his dream.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
  • Sasha: RIP...
  • Connie: will marry and have childeren with a random women. And will name his daughter "Sasha" to remember her.
  • Jean: He will marry Mikasa and have asian childeren. in my opinion he deserves her because he knows that she loves Eren very much, but he still loves her and would save her and protect her no matter what. It has been 4 years and became soo handsome. His face is not like a horse anymore and he still loves Mikasa but now he really recpects her feelings for Eren But I hope Mikasa starts to have feelings for Jean and will date him.
  • Historia: She will eat Zeke to have his power and later she will be eaten by her childeren and will named her two first childeren "Eren" and "Zeke" to remember them and how they made freedom and peace between both of Marley Paradis Island.
  • Levi: forever alone...I mean he has nothing to do after all this and will never married anygirl of course :-_- But I expect him to sit and play the piano and remember all his friends and teammates that died ( like Isabel, Farlan, Petra, Nifa and Erwin,...etc.......) in the past. and while he plays the piano he cries and laugh the first time...because he remembered this days when they were all still alive...
  • Hanji: She will so similar ending as Levi....
  • Zeke: He will with Eren and their group ( hint: ch. 110) make peace and freedom since Zeke's mother is Dina Fritz and Eren had the founding Titan from Frieda and later be eaten by Historia's childeren..
Sad that the Ending of Attack on Titan will be soon. I will miss this days...when I have to wait years for the season... and a week to watch the episode....

deyna

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
levi makes that same goodbye pose vegeta gave to trunks

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Soon, because the story is getting worse every chapter.
Everyone dying, specially Gaby! ;)

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Probably with the liberation of all titans including the Nine which are controlled by humans.