Question - How Strong is Igneel? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How Strong is Igneel?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure if igneel did match acknologia... Surely he performed well but in the end acknologia seemed to have a somewhat overwhelming victory. If igneel was at any point much stronger than acknologia then I don't see how the events would have unfolded as they did. Why not just defeat him 400 years ago? Instead the result was that all the dragons today, including igneel, were already half killed by acknologia. If acknologia was able to kill all the dragons that were within the dragon slayers 400 years ago then to me it would seem like even now acknologia did not really show all of his power against igneel.

milek

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Igneel should be equal to Acnologia because Igneel was not at 100% when fight happened.

Igneel was shadow of former himself.

Mangang

Reaction score
Country
India
Igneel should be equal to Acnologia because Igneel was not at 100% when fight happened.

No difference in power between acnologia and igneell is same to one and nine tail.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Was Igneel even 10% of what he was before Acnologia absorbed his soul? I don't really know, but I'd assume from how he was on par with Acnologia for most of the match before he started to lose all of his remaining life force by fighting, I'd say Igneel would be much stronger than Dragon Acnologia at full strength. Human Acnologia would've had to of been incredibly strong to absorb the souls of Dragons, so maybe his power declined somewhat when he became a dragon?

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'd say strong enough to just be slightly beneath acnologia at full power. That makes him superior to everything and everyone seen thus far.

g01

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I do not think ıgneel stronger than acno,I mean why didn't he killed him 400 years ago if he was stronger than him ?
I think he was almost same level with acno but not stronger.
And I do not want to get off the topic but why didn't other dragons fight against acno?If they attacked him at the same time then they probably take him down.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I do not think ıgneel stronger than acno,I mean why didn't he killed him 400 years ago if he was stronger than him ?
And I do not want to get off the topic but why didn't other dragons fight against acno?If they attacked him at the same time then they probably take him down.
The other dragons didn't arrive in time.
Acnologia minus an arm fled after landing the final blow to Igneel. I still think Igneel is stronger than Acnologia as he matched him when he had very little of his former power left. Acnologia couldn't of killed a Dragon as Powerful as Igneel 400 years ago, but could absorb his soul to weaken him so he may defeat him in the future. Thats what has seemingly happened.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

The dragons were destroying FACE. There were 3,000 scattered around and they were short on time so they were too occupied doing so. They also probably thought Igneel would suffice or they just didn't want to intervene. It might be some dragon pride or something where dragons don't intervene in anothers fight. Who knows...:cheez

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Prime Igneel should be stronger than FH Zeref and Alvarez put together.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Around Acnologia's level and the god dragons. The best measuring stick for Igneel at full power, before Acnologia stole his soul, would be his biological son Ignia.

It's worth noting that the God Dragons of Giltena are probably around the same power-levels as the Dragon Kings of Ishgar, the only difference being their titles. The dragons of Ishgar would recognize dragons as powerful as Acnologia as their kings. The humans of Giltena, being from a land without dragons, would worship something that powerful as a god.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I am not sure if igneel did match acknologia... Surely he performed well but in the end acknologia seemed to have a somewhat overwhelming victory. If igneel was at any point much stronger than acknologia then I don't see how the events would have unfolded as they did. Why not just defeat him 400 years ago? Instead the result was that all the dragons today, including igneel, were already half killed by acknologia. If acknologia was able to kill all the dragons that were within the dragon slayers 400 years ago then to me it would seem like even now acknologia did not really show all of his power against igneel.
Apparently Igneel was a super strong dragon which everyone talked about. We never anything like it about Metalicana and the others, right? So Igneel may have been the only one who could put a fight against Acnologia back then, and even him lost. When he fought Acnologia again, he could not use his full power, and that's why he could only rip off one of Acnologia arms before being completely destroyed.

Or maybe we should't give Mashima so much credit.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I guess people forget Igneel knocked out Acnologia in the first round when he was half-dead and only lost in the second round when his power was depleted even further.

100% would have ripped apart Acnologia with no problem.

I have no idea how Acnologia ripped apart his soul 400 years ago but considering he didn't show that magic at all in the manga, he probably used some powerful item.

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
I have no idea how Acnologia ripped apart his soul 400 years ago but considering he didn't show that magic at all in the manga, he probably used some powerful item
I think Hiro removed that ability because he didn't want natsu's soul being removed and acno becoming pof dragon.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Stronger than Erza and Eileen combined that's all I need.
I want to create this thread lmao

On a serious note. There's no debate on how strong igneel is. We've seen what ignia and natsu can do, hell natsu's dragon force alone allows natsu to use igneel's MP something he had to train for a year to master. He matched acnologia and was able to take his arm off

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stronger than Erza and Eileen combined that's all I need.
I want to create this thread lmao

On a serious note. There's no debate on how strong igneel is. We've seen what ignia and natsu can do, hell natsu's dragon force alone allows natsu to use igneel's MP something he had to train for a year to master. He matched acnologia and was able to take his arm off
Why did you have to reply to this dead ass thread? Completely unnecessary. Necroing threads isn’t a good thing.